NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

Recently gotten back inot this since my connection is now fast enough that I don't disconnect every other match.

Really fun game now that I can actually play it online consistantly. Seem to be getting better at it.

Will be playing this on and off ofr a while along with MK8D

• Like 2

It's a bit weird that this starts this weekend in Europe but apparently starts next weekend in the US.

Yuck! Those Turtle designs are atrocious. :eek:

Should’ve gone with the 80s version. ;)

• Like 1

Liking the new stats you can get since the latest update. Some of mine:

Dbsx_-_U0AAvnUN.jpg:largeDbsyEnoVAAEbcNw.jpg:large

DbsyLH7U0AImBWO.jpg:largeDbsyQ_nW0AMtO0M.jpg:large

DbsyaR2VMAAVL4L.jpg:large

Shame you can only get a few stats (and at random) before this happens though:

DbsyVqFV0AAEEXY.jpg:large

Seeing as the game is already tracking all this stuff, it'd be nice to just be able to see everything in a straightforward list too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Splatter Royale mode

Well played. :bowdown:

33 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Do we think this is them getting out ahead of E3 so that they can gloss over it during their actual presentation, as opposed to having it be such a large focus like it was in the most recent Direct? 

So yeah the main guess is that it will be the announcement of a Battle Royale mode. I thought about it and there are a couple of things that make me doubt it. First of all Nintendo has never been the type of company to jump on hypes like this. If any, they are the ones creating the hypes. Second I wonder how they could make it work. With 100 people in one game, how do you do ink? 100 Different colours, or just 1? The first one seems impossible, the second one takes all the tactics of the ink out of it.

If we will get a Battle Royale, I am sure they will release it as a stand-alone version. Them explicitly not mentioning Splatoon 2 but Splatoon is my biggest guess. Plus a lot of other Battle Royale games offer the BR mode for free with the core game (if any) paid.

In other news, another Splatfest this weekend! Go team Donnie!

9 hours ago, londragon said:

Splatoon movie incoming.

Hell, I'd watch it....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

PS4 and Xbox One versions with cross platform play?

Nah, only XBox One. If Sony won't play nicely with cross play, why should Nintendo?

I'd want that just for the outrage that would no doubt follow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

PS4 and Xbox One versions with cross platform play?

I'd certainly play it more! I'd finally be able to play with a decent voice chat setup! :D 

Nintendo have tweeted that the June 9th mind blowing news is actually a fallacious rumour.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, londragon said:

Nintendo have tweeted that the June 9th mind blowing news is actually a fallacious rumour.

That’s better. Can’t have people getting all excited about some Switch related news after these nice and quiet few months now can we?

All joking aside, is it me or do you also feel this april was the first month since Switch released that brought back memories of how it was during most of the Wii U generation?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, markderoos said:

That’s better. Can’t have people getting all excited about some Switch related news after these nice and quiet few months now can we?

All joking aside, is it me or do you also feel this april was the first month since Switch released that brought back memories of how it was during most of the Wii U generation?

Not a Labo fan then?

1 hour ago, markderoos said:

It's been like that for me since the end of last year. Kirby has been the only notable release this year and I only picked up Donkey Kong just to have something to play. Sadly, I finished both in a couple of days and the Switch is left sitting doing nothing once again.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Not a Labo fan then?

I absolutely think Labo is a great idea, just not for me. But a fair enough point because I’d forgotten about it ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I absolutely think Labo is a great idea, just not for me. But a fair enough point because I’d forgotten about it ;)

I agree. Obviously this year they're relying on stuff that either isn't for everyone or Wii U ports. Suspect the second half of the year will be a lot more impressive though

January: ?
February: Bayonetta
March: Kirby
April: Labo
May: Donkey Kong Country TF, Hyrule Warriors
June: Mario Tennis Aces, Wolfenstein, Sushi Striker
July: Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad
August: Yoshi?
September: Smash?
October: Fire Emblem?
November: Pokemon?
December: ?

+ things like Dark Souls, Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion coming this year and Metroid Prime 4.

Looks like another packed year.

Oh and Nintendo are focusing on 2018 games at E3, so add a couple more last minute reveals from that.

Edited by Ronnie

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I agree. Obviously this year they're relying on stuff that either isn't for everyone or Wii U ports. Suspect the second half of the year will be a lot more impressive though

January: ?
February: Bayonetta
March: Kirby
April: Labo
May: Donkey Kong Country TF, Hyrule Warriors
June: Mario Tennis Aces, Wolfenstein, Sushi Striker
July: Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad
August: Yoshi?
September: Smash?
October: Fire Emblem?
November: Pokemon?
December: ?

+ things like Dark Souls, Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion coming this year and Metroid Prime 4.

Looks like another packed year.

Oh and Nintendo are focusing on 2018 games at E3, so add a couple more last minute reveals from that.

You expecting Metroid Prime 4 this year?! 

I agree the second half is looking far better. I can't wait for Sushi Striker, Octopath and Captain Toad and that's only June and July! 

Im expecting both Fire Emblem and Yoshi before the end of the year and, like you said, there's bound to be some new stuff announced at E3 and released before the end of the year. *points at the Retro Studios game*

There's also a bunch of indie stuff I'm still waiting on to be released, like Hollow Knight and Dragon Marked for Death. 

For me, its just been a question of getting through the first of the year before the floodgates open and a bunch of new stuff appears on the platform.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, londragon said:

Turns out the tease is true. Coro Coro scans are out that show a weird Splatoon icon and the translation is this.

On June 9th, Splatoon 2’s biggest mystery will be revealed! The one clue we have is this mysterious emblem. This mysterious emblem establishes the surfacing of a top secret Splatoon 2 project! Check out our site and Twitter on the 9th to find out what it is!”

Whether this is big news or just a small thing remains to be seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1