NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

Looks great. Loving the 80's vibe on that logo. :hehe:

Anyone pre-purchase the DLC? I'm wondering what abilities the bonus gear have.

• Like 3

Nice to see a single player post-release content in a shooter

Well, after seeing the Direct I am not really sure if I want the DLC, although it looks good and rather extensive. It did remind me that I should play Splatoon more, so that's what I did first. :grin:

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Looks great. Loving the 80's vibe on that logo. :hehe:

Anyone pre-purchase the DLC? I'm wondering what abilities the bonus gear have.

The logo is awesome :grin:

I still need to do the normal single player never mind the DLC.. which I will almost certainly buy!

This is looking good, I didn't expect to see a single player expansion for this. 80 new levels and playable Octolings count me in! :D

9 hours ago, RedShell said:

Looks great. Loving the 80's vibe on that logo. :hehe:Anyone pre-purchase the DLC? I'm wondering what abilities the bonus gear have.

I went and put my money down, will check out the outfits abilities later today.

I’ll be pre-purchasing also, really liked the singleplayer mode and both the music and imaginative characters from that trailer really made me want to play it asap!

Edited by markderoos

The Studio Octophones (headwear) have the ink recovery up buff with 3 free slots. The Octo Layered LS (shirt) has the ink saver (main) buff and also 3 free slots. No shoes. Love how they give this to you with a parcel. Cool drop off.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

Has anyone bought this on the UK eshop?

I was curious to see how much it cost, but I couldn't find it separate from the main game which cost £68.

Guessing this will be £18?

8 minutes ago, DuD said:

Has anyone bought this on the UK eshop?

I was curious to see how much it cost, but I couldn't find it separate from the main game which cost £68.

Guessing this will be £18?

Yeah 17.99 in the UK eShop.

• Thanks 1

What did you search for to find it?

"Splatoon" and "Octo Expansion" only turned up the £68 combo

1 hour ago, DuD said:

What did you search for to find it?

"Splatoon" and "Octo Expansion" only turned up the £68 combo

If you go to the game page for standalone Splatoon 2 and scroll down, it should appear there.

• Thanks 1

That’s exactly where it’s located. If you were a casual purchaser you’d never find it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to the 3.0 update stuff later in April, but I am going to wait and see impressions for the expansion pack before thinking about purchasing it, as I found playing the single player stuff in Splatoon 2 a chore to get through, so having 80 more levels of it to play dosn't sound that exciting to me. It's great that they have supported this game so well though. Much like the first game, they've kept the game feeling as if there is something new every week or so.

The Shifty Station stage for this Splatfest is genius! They should totally add it to the standard stage rotation. Could even make an entirely new mode based around it actually. :cool: 

For those that haven’t seen it, it basically consists of 3 clear containers placed above the stage, which over the course of a match drop into place (you get an onscreen warning just before each drop) sealing off the area that they fall on. Any players/ink in those locations get locked out of the rest of the stage! :D 

Great fun. :) 

The trick is to get caught in them,  there's no way in but you can get out

53 minutes ago, RedShell said:

The Shifty Station stage for this Splatfest is genius! They should totally add it to the standard stage rotation. Could even make an entirely new mode based around it actually. :cool: 

For those that haven’t seen it, it basically consists of 3 clear containers placed above the stage, which over the course of a match drop into place (you get an onscreen warning just before each drop) sealing off the area that they fall on. Any players/ink in those locations get locked out of the rest of the stage! :D 

Yeah they totally should or at least use that mechanic in new maps.

First time I got caught in it I panicked lol couldn't find a way out then i tried

Spoiler

squid super jump on a teammate :cheeky:  

• Like 1

Hadn't taken part in a splatfest for so long, I'd forgotten just how cool that night time setting is and the buzz around Inkopolis!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Hadn't taken part in a splatfest for so long, I'd forgotten just how cool that night time setting is and the buzz around Inkopolis!

Is one still happening this weekend? I may join in tonight if so :grin:

5 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Is one still happening this weekend? I may join in tonight if so :grin:

Splatfests generally end at 3pm on Sundays.

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Splatfests generally end at 3pm on Sundays.

Ah.. then I'm missing it :hmm:

I may still play tonight, though!

18 hours ago, RedShell said:

That stage is very cool indeed! I hope they implement more changing areas/more interactive levels. Also nice how they color-coded the ink based on the side you choose, I never noticed they did before in a splatfest?

Got some games in for team Chicken yesterday and today, liked playing the Splatfest again but come on, make these things last 48 hours. 

I totally agree on Shifty Station.

The locking down parts of the stage mechanic really freshens up Turf War.

Let’s ignore the fact it’s scientifically proven that the egg came first ;)

And although I’m a sore loser, congrats team chicken!

Edited by markderoos
  • Like 1