NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

Sorry guys I assumed it was over after Glen left so I just went in ranked.

Clam Blitz was hard to get used to, but was definitely good fun. Would be great with a 4 man team playing positions. 

Learnt a cheeky new technique from another player on Clam Blitz. They were on the opposing team and threw a clam towards me, which I initially tried to avoid, thinking it was a projectile :heh:, but once I realised it was just a clam and went to collect it, they then chucked in a bomb! Very nearly got me with it too. :o

At first I thought they had thrown the clam by mistake (which I found hilarious at the time :laughing:) but looking back on it now it's actually a pretty cool tactical move. :cool:

Captured a vid of it:

This game keeps getting better and better, already played it way more than I did the Wii U original.  :) Just wish they would patch out that bloody startup sequence! :mad: At the very least make it skippable!! It massively detracts from the quick pick up and play nature of the Switch. :nono:

• Haha 3

That's nice 👍 Will be using that.

Also completely agree on the start up thing 😪

I'm on fairly regularly, usually a bit later on after my wee man is asleep. If you fancy some games sometime just give me an @

• Thanks 1

What’s the plan for tonight then? Personally I’d like to do some Salmon Run, but if there are more than 4 players don’t mind doing Turf War or Private Battle instead. 

Anyway, will be heading online in about 20 minutes time.

*EDIT*

Nobody playing? :hmm: I’m gonna go ahead and do some Salmon Run then, will set a room though so if anyone does want to join feel free.

Edited by RedShell

You know what would’ve been cool for this game? A special Christmas day event where everyone in Turf War mode works together (spreading snow instead of ink) and the objective is to cover the map with as much snow as possible, while those enemies from the single player campaign (the ones that vacuum up ink) are trying to clear the snow. :santa:

Could’ve featured Christmasy remixes of the Splatfest music tracks and awarded double XP/Super Sea Snails for taking part. :heh:

• Like 2

The gameplay is still great but everything else is still a ball-ache and needs plenty work to make the game not feel a chore to play.

10 hours ago, Kav said:

The gameplay is still great but everything else is still a ball-ache and needs plenty work to make the game not feel a chore to play.

It's the stuff like the map rotation, not being able to play with friends in every mode, mode rotations and not being able to skip the intro that make it so that the game will never be my go to online game.

I picked up CoD WW2 the other week, due to Splatoon 2 not fulfilling my online shooter needs, and it's crazy just how far off the mark Splatoon is in terms of offering a snappy and tailored online gaming experience.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's the stuff like the map rotation, not being able to play with friends in every mode, mode rotations and not being able to skip the intro that make it so that the game will never be my go to online game.

You can play with friends in Turf War whenever.

You can't play with friends in ranked, but that's kinda the point, it's ranking your solo ability.

They've made it so you can play a ranked team game by introducing League (keeping ranked fair by not putting teams against singlies).

Then there's Private where you can play whatever mode on whatever maps with friends.

There are many issues with Splatoon... the unskippable Intro, the lack of Bots for Private, convoluted VC, the staleness of Splatfests.. etc, but I never understand when people say they can't play with friends?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DuD said:

You can play with friends in Turf War whenever.

You can't play with friends in ranked, but that's kinda the point, it's ranking your solo ability.

They've made it so you can play a ranked team game by introducing League (keeping ranked fair by not putting teams against singlies).

Then there's Private where you can play whatever mode on whatever maps with friends.

There are many issues with Splatoon... the unskippable Intro, the lack of Bots for Private, convoluted VC, the staleness of Splatfests.. etc, but I never understand when people say they can't play with friends?

What about if you only have 2 or 3 players? You can't start a match with randomer filling in the gap, can you?

When I play something like CoD I know I can invite my mates into any game type, at any time, private or public and play together with random people, whether there's 2 of us of 8 of us. It's been like this for years in Western online shooters. Nintendo should realize it's actually okay to copy certain things from other developers. The fact that it took this long to get weapon changes implemented just shows they don't actually look at what others are doing.

• Like 1

The thing with Splatoon is every game mode is 4v4. To have a team of 4 vs 4 individuals is pointless for the individuals. They won't have a chance. 

They've brought in league so that you can have 2 teams of 2 vs 2 teams of two.

The only other thing they can do is introduce 3v3 in League, but you can ask the people that play regularly on Thursday... 3v3 is a completely different game.

They should bin off turf wars for a free play mode. Individuals go in. Friends can join friends. All 8 vote for mode and map. Majority win or random selection.

That's the only way i can see it would work 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kav said:

They should do it like every other bloody dev on the planet like @Hero-of-Time says.

Options. The more the better.

Excuse my ignorance, but for the sake of clarity (Or remindation, totally a wordHow does every other developer handle an online focused genre like this?

• Thanks 1

They just need to have ALL MODES in casual not just turf. It’s annoying. Private is the best way to play because you can rotate maps and modes every game. It doesn’t affect anything. Just have casual like this. Fucking simple. Arms’ onmine is great because you keep rotating modes. DO THE SAME WITH SPLATOON!!!! So annoying. 

• Like 2

Finally played some rounds of Clam Blitz, quite fun! And I think the mode with the most of tactical stuff going on in Splatoon. So yeah, some better voice chat options wouldn't hurt... 

Also played around with the Squeezer, works quite well and has some actual range with the single ZR press option.