NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

6 hours ago, DuD said:

I'd be up for some games much later this evening.. talking 10 maybe 11pm onwards if anyone is available. Don't mind mode.. salmon run, league, whatever. 

I can do 23:00 I think.. Let me eat my pizzas first ;).

• Like 1

I.. still have some other pizzas  I need to heat up and eat..

So I'll get back to you ;). Any mode is fine by the way.

26 minutes ago, DuD said:

That's cool, just doing some salmon run at the moment. 

I had too much pizza. But I'm ready. But I can't communicate tonight after I boot up my Switch (I use my mom's Ipad, as my phone's too old and can't display this site).

So you need to tell me what we'll be doing before I turn off my computer.

I only just saw this, was waiting for a notification on the switch to say you were online.

I've quit now, got loads of goodies from salmon run and got to S in tower control.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DuD said:

I only just saw this, was waiting for a notification on the switch to say you were online.

I've quit now, got loads of goodies from salmon run and got to S in tower control.

Let me know when when you want to make another attempt at meeting up. I'm definitely online Monday and Thursday evening (Thursday after the Mario Kart league). Tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday I'm probably watching films.

• Like 1

My free evening is usually Tuesday, other than that I go on after 11 for a bit some nights.

I can't believe how much of a train wreck the tournament at EGX was. Just when I think it couldn't get any worse, I hear something even more ridiculous.

To start with, select Nintendo Player UK groups were given the chance to host qualification rounds a few months back. Nintendo failed to supply any equipment or support for these qualifiers, most had to be done through local wireless with lots of disconnection issues. A few had it so bad, they resorted to single player speedrun challenges to decide their winners.

Next, the winners of the qualifiers were told Nintendo would pay for all transport to EGX. Fast forward to one week before EGX, people get emails off Nintendo saying they need to buy their own transport and Nintendo will reimburse at a later date. A lot of people can't afford last minute train tickets to Birmingham, costing £100+. 

Finally, the tournament gets to the semi finals stage. Suddenly the organisers ban people from using their own Switch consoles. The stock Nintendo consoles have to be used, to prevent any possible 'cheating'. Various items aren't unlocked. The game isn't patched to the latest version, the games meta is completely different. Sub abilities are banned.

WTF

• Haha 3

Clearly I have no sense of time, as the Mario Kart league is tomorrow. Still, @Nicktendo, up for Salmon run tonight at 9 UK? Anyone else?

I can't tonight but happy to play tomorrow after MK League night. I also got confused and thought you meant on Thursday..

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I can't tonight but happy to play tomorrow after MK League night. I also got confused and thought you meant on Thursday..

Tomorrow it is, though I don't know if Salmon run is on then.

I'll be a fourth if you fancy league? or we could 2v2 privates?

Give me an @ if your going on. 

I'm checking the stages right now, and Salmon run is on actually. Looks like a good set of weapons I think. Played a little bit yesterday, but not enough for any bonusses.

@Nicktendo, @Glen-i, @DuD, what are we doing? Salmon run, or battle league? Or something else?

I'm gonna have to bow out, fatigue has hit me like a ton of bricks and I'm finding it hard to concentrate. Have fun.

Not a man of your word I see..

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

I'm gonna have to bow out, fatigue has hit me like a ton of bricks and I'm finding it hard to concentrate. Have fun.

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, no matter what happens, I'd be up for some Splatoon after Mario Kart.

I'll wait 5 minutes for DuD's response, but it looks like Salmon Run. After that, you can open up a room (or I will). I won't be posting here while playing tonight though. After those 5 minutes, give me some time to migrate from handheld to docked.

@Nicktendo Alright, I'm turning off my computer. If DuD joins up (I can't check), leave the room, and I'll check if a new one is opened.