NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

I'm away for the Splatfest next weekend, but would be up for it for future ones.

I'd be up for private battles, Tuesday's are best for me, but see what suits?

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

We really need to get a team going for this Splatfest. There's easily enough people on here who have the game to get a couple of teams set up, providing that people vote for the same category, of course.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, dazzybee said:

Yep. No excuse. Still can’t believe we’ve not organised a 6 or 8 player private battle night. 

Well, maybe someone should do something about it?

SPLATFEST

N-Europe Style Boyeeee!

Right, if we're gonna get some Co-opertaive Splatfesting together, we need to organise ourselves like... well, a well-organised team. (I'm so meaningful and profound)

This Splatfest is Flight Vs Invisibility and starts Saturday at 3pm. It ends Sunday at 3pm.

So I'm gonna go and mention all you Splatoon players, so you can declare when you'll be available. This way we can get some gaming sessions organised.

Saturday

Team Flight

Glen-i - 3pm -12am

Hero-of-Time - 3pm - 12am

Dazzybee - 3pm - 12am

Nicktendo - 6pm - 12am

Martinist - 6pm - 12am

Phube* - 11pm - 1am (Sunday)

Team Invisibility

Sunday

Team Flight

Sméagol* - 1am - 3am

Nicktendo - 9am - 12pm

Hero-of-Time - 9am - 3pm

Dazzybee - 9am - 3pm

Martinist - 9am - 3pm

Ugh First Aid - 12pm - 3pm

Team Invisibility

Londragon - 8am - 11am

* denotes tentative times, subject to change.

Still to declare

@The Mole

@S.C.G

@ArtMediocre

@Vileplume2000

@londragon

@flameboy

@Happenstance

@Blade

@welsh_gamer

@Ike

Well, that's everyone I could discern who owns Splatoon 2. As you can see from mine and @Ugh first aid's example, I'd like you to declare when you can join Splatfest as well as what team you're rooting for. Using that information, we should be able to organise some teams of 4. We're not that barren, you know?

So get to it! Get some plannage in your life!

Edited by Glen-i

I'm leaving work this week so will be free Saturday evening and Sunday morning before 12 for some games. Definitely interested in getting a team of 4 together.

Stealth edit: Team Flight

Edited by Nicktendo

Edited the details in. I could of sworn I had you there Hero, sorry. Forgot Dazzybee as well.

I bought this for Wii U but literally played it for about 10 minutes! I do love a online shooter though so I think I'll pick this up this week as I'm liking the sound of team battles. I will be pretty shit for a while until I get I to the mechanics of the game, so be patient or go easy on me depending which team I'm on.

I'm Flight. I'll update with the times, I don't know what plans I have in the weekend, until it's actually weekend.. Except I won't be able to do Saturday afternoon.

Tentatively: Sunday 01:00 - 03:00 (i.e. Satudary night. I don't do the AMs and whatnot :p)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Tentatively: Sunday 01:00 - 03:00 (i.e. Satudary night. I don't do the AMs and whatnot :p)

Well, I do. So shut up.

Anyway, updated my post, and reorganised the members to be in order of time available. Should make it easier to keep track of.

• Like 1

Flight, available pretty much all weekend. Have to get my kid to bed and feed and little bits, but other than that I'm well up for it! 

After this Splatfest let's get a private match sorted too. I play regularly with three other people so I could always get extras if struggle for 8, though doubt it.

• Like 1

Can I put a tentative time for Saturday night 11 PM to 1 AM.

Team Flight! (As I'm no longer a teenager!)

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses, updated the post with a little asterisk to show tentative times.

Will be browsing the site via mobile during the week, so my responses to future declarations won't be as speedy, but I'll see them eventually.

Come Friday, I'd like us to come together and talk out a schedule so we can try and get as many people doing at least some N-Europe representation this weekend. So us lot with much more time for weekend gaming might have to bow out at certain times to make room for someone with a more restricted option. Good news is that we already have the makings of one group for both Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

So I bought Splatoon 2 two weeks ago, have yet to play it and understand nothing about what is being discussed. But I still want in....:P

Only available for Team Invisibility (because I'm still a teenager, you know this is like Ketchup V Mayo, and everyone has gone for flight and they'll lose, haha, hmmm) on Sunday from 8am to 11am

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Babooo said:

So I bought Splatoon 2 two weeks ago, have yet to play it and understand nothing about what is being discussed. But I still want in....:P

Well, Splatfest is a 24 hour event where Splatoon 2 players play Turf Wars (Competition to cover the most ground in ink) while representing one of two choices (In this case, it's Flight VS Invisibility).

To join Splatfest, all you have to do is boot up the game, go through the short tutorial, and get to the Plaza area. You should be able to see a board near the center which will let you decide which side you want to play for. This can be done right now or when Splatfest starts.

You then boot the game up on Saturday or Sunday and play some games to try and help your team win. You get some nice rewards if you contribute a lot, even if your team loses.

While it's perfectly possible to jump in by yourself and play with randoms, there's a team mode which lets you form a group with 3 of your online friends who chose the same side as you and play matches together. That's what we're trying to organise now. If you've got any other questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go with team pervs (invisibility) because... yeah, research. I'm going to a PC LAN-party this weekend :(. When do the Splatfest start? I miiiight be available on Saturday morning, seeing as I'm not heading to the LAN until 3 or 4 PM. Does it start at 3PM? :S Sucks that it is this weekend, seeing as I had a great time last Splatfest.

......Do you think... that Team Invisible will shoot with invisible ink? :o

13 hours ago, martinist said:

@Glen-i I can do 6PM to late Satrday and I'm free all day Sunday.

What team are you going for though? I can't see your choice. Unless that's your clever way of saying Team Invisible?

I haven't joined a team yet, will do some  time either later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Joined Team Flight

Edited by martinist
additional information
  • Like 1

Righto then, let's get some scheduling done.

Looking at the people who we have here. I think it'll be best to have two separate group sessions on both days.

Saturday

6pm

@Hero-of-Time, @dazzybee, @martinist, @Nicktendo

(Backup player - Meeeeeee)

11pm

@Phube, @Glen-i, 2 other blokes

Sunday

10am

Nicktendo, Hero-of-Time, martinist, dazzybee

12pm

@Ugh first aid, Hero-of-Time, dazzybee, martinist

So let me explain a few things, when I say "back-up player" I mean that if one of that group decides to drop out and the other three still want to play, than I'll jump in to fill the group out. As for the late group, I'll let Hero-of-Time, dazzybee, martinist and Nicktendo decide which two will join that group. Preferably people who won't mind playing until 1am so Phube can get the most out of it. That said, Phube did say his time wasn't a sure thing, so it might not even happen. We'll have to see.

I'd also like to apologise to Sméagol and Londragon, going by the times, there seems to be no way to get three other people who have the same circumstances as you to join in. Thanks for showing your interest though, maybe next time.

If anyone is unhappy with this schedule, let us know and suggest an alternative. Don't leave it until the last minute.

• Like 1

I need to catch up on some films, so I expect to be unavailable for most of the weekend, but I haven't made any specific plans yet apart from Saturday afternoon. I could try to make the Saturday 23:00 slot, but Sunday morning could also be an option.. I'll update if I know what my plans are. In the meantime, if anything changes, others players join for example, that could give me more options.

Edit: @Glen-i, I assumed "2 other blokes" meant 2 open spots, unless you actually mean 2 other unspecified players.

Edited by Sméagol

12 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I need to catch up on some films, so I expect to be unavailable for most of the weekend, but I haven't made any specific plans yet apart from Saturday afternoon. I could try to make the Saturday 23:00 slot, but Sunday morning could also be an option.. I'll update if I know what my plans are. In the meantime, if anything changes, others players join for example, that could give me more options.

Edit: @Glen-i, I assumed "2 other blokes" meant 2 open spots, unless you actually mean 2 other unspecified players.

Well, it does. I only mentioned them specific people because they were the only people who fell in that time slot.

If you're free then, I'll happily put you in there. I want to try and get as many different people in at least one group as possible.

On a different note, anyone up for Salmon Run at 9 tonight?

20 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, it does. I only mentioned them specific people because they were the only people who fell in that time slot.

If you're free then, I'll happily put you in there. I want to try and get as many different people in at least one group as possible.

On a different note, anyone up for Salmon Run at 9 tonight?

I'll try to work out my plans tonight.

10 O'clock ok?

I'm fine for the 6pm Saturday slot but I won't be playing in the 11pm games as I usually settle down for the night at around 10pm.

• Like 1