NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

I had some real close matches when starting but since leveling up too many landslides. 

I long for that Halo matchmaking on this. That game was amazing at matchmaking players on similar level. 

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Does the app say what side I went for on Splatfest? Kinda interested if it mentions my choice despite me never using the app.

Yes, says you're team ketchup.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, liger05 said:

I had some real close matches when starting but since leveling up too many landslides. 

I long for that Halo matchmaking on this. That game was amazing at matchmaking players on similar level. 

I would love for Splatoon to implement something like that.

The Halo true skill ranking system/matchmaking was amazing. You really felt like you were on level footing with your opposition.

Given the lack of responses, I take it there's no desire on here to form a 4 player team for the Splatest?  I'll just pick a random side and roll with it, then.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I would love for Splatoon to implement something like that.

The Halo true skill ranking system/matchmaking was amazing. You really felt like you were on level footing with your opposition.

Given the lack of responses, I take it there's no desire on here to form a 4 player team for the Splatest?  I'll just pick a random side and roll with it, then.

I'd love to, but I don't know if we have enough Mayo players, and I'm not sure what time I'll get on. Maybe tonight, maybe after midnight, maybe even tomorrow. If you can find 2 other players I'll make more effort to make myself available say after 20:00 UK.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I mean, I wouldn't mind going for that, assuming peeps don't mind a roller dude who kinda sucks when it comes to splatting people and has no idea how to play expertly. I just like rolling around at the speed of squid.

I'll definitely jump in if I spy any of you playing though. Sorry, Team Ketchup.

Just had two games in a row with Team Ketchup vs Team Ketchup.  Guess there isn't many players rooting for Mayo out there.

I see Glen-I is on but can't join him due to lack of numbers. It's stupid you have to have a full team of 4 just to play with friends during Splatfests!

39 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just had two games in a row with Team Ketchup vs Team Ketchup.  Guess there isn't many players rooting for Mayo out there.

I see Glen-I is on but can't join him due to lack of numbers. It's stupid you have to have a full team of 4 just to play with friends during Splatfests!

Oh well, that sucks. Explains why I couldn't join anyone. Well, if 3 Ketchupers get together here, I'll make up the rest. @Ugh first aid went for mayo, the swine.

yeah i played for the past hour and everything was Ketchup vs Ketchup apart from two games. Annoyingly, the two normal games I had both ended in disconnects.

Also, I've been playing since 12pm and hadn't had any issues with connections at all until the Splatfest started

Edited by Helmsly

21 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

yeah i played for the past hour and everything was Ketchup vs Ketchup apart from two games. Annoyingly, the two normal games I had both ended in disconnects.

Also, I've been playing since 12pm and hadn't had any issues with connections at all until the Splatfest started

Yeah, I've had a couple of disconnects. Luckily they've both happened in lobby areas. I don't think I've experienced any in Splatoon 2 until now. 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I've had a couple of disconnects. Luckily they've both happened in lobby areas. I don't think I've experienced any in Splatoon 2 until now. 

I've had it happen right at the end of the match each time so far. It happened again a little while ago and I got this message

DGeuOo7V0AEpXmd.jpg

Got disconnected occasionally before splatfest but it's happening 80% of the time now. It's getting really annoying.

• Like 2

How does the final score in a Splatfest get tallied? I'm constantly in Ketchup vs Ketchup matches and I'm wondering how the results of these kind of games work. I mean, is it a win or loss or both?

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How does the final score in a Splatfest get tallied? I'm constantly in Ketchup vs Ketchup matches and I'm wondering how the results of these kind of games work. I mean, is it a win or loss or both?

I imagine both, so it makes no difference when two of the same team play. There's 3 deciding factors.

The initial vote, the percentage of wins in Solo mode and the percentage of wins in Team mode.

The side that wins 2 of those 3 wins. At least that's how I think it goes. Anyway, now I'm King of Ketchup and Salmon Run is closed, I'm done with Solo. But if you lot do decide to get a team together, give me a shout.

• Like 1

It is a bit pants that Salmon Run is closed during the Splatfests. I'm hoping they give that mode a special weekend at some point. 

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think I heard they're simply ignored.

It looks like a similar situation as with the previous Splatfest.. Nobody likes Pearl Mayonaise. Except in The Netherlands. I'm afraid to go online and face the ketchup horde! (edit: I initially misspelled this as ketchup horse)

Anyway, behold my banner, my masterpiece:

splatoon_splatpost_mayo.png

http://www.ams-distribution.com/media/catalog/product/cache/8/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/w/i/wijngaarden_-_zaanse_mayonaise_-_170ml_1.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It is a bit pants that Salmon Run is closed during the Splatfests. I'm hoping they give that mode a special weekend at some point. 

I thought Salmon run was still going partly through this Splatfest, I'm pretty certain I saw it mentioned in the opening a couple of hours ago. It is closed now though.

2 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

I thought Salmon run was still going partly through this Splatfest, I'm pretty certain I saw it mentioned in the opening a couple of hours ago. It is closed now though.

I think it ended at 20:00 CET (from 04-08 20:00 till 05-08 20:00).

• Like 1

Not sure what changed but the last 40 minutes or so were completely solid, no disconnections from myself or any other players and almost every match was Mayo vs Ketchup.  I made it to Ketchup King so I'll probably stop playing for the night. How long does this Splatfest last?

DGfRoKmVoAAyHp6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

Not sure what changed but the last 40 minutes or so were completely solid, no disconnections from myself or any other players and almost every match was Mayo vs Ketchup.  I made it to Ketchup King so I'll probably stop playing for the night. How long does this Splatfest last?

DGfRoKmVoAAyHp6.jpg

Ends tomorrow at 15:00, I think.

Nearly halfway through Ketchup Champion rank. I'll probably call it a day once I hit 50/99 and then mop up the rest tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

in team vs team matches they don't count at all (at least they didn't in splatoon)
If they did they would push the overall score closer to 50% and mask the actual % between the two teams. in 4 matches, with only one being between opposing teams, the score should be 100 vs 0. But if the 3 other matches are taken into account, the score would drop to 62.5 vs 37.5. If it was simply on the win % that would be fine, but as the number of people voting for each team is taken into account (for example this time round if lots of team mayo had voted but not shown up) it could make a difference to the winning team, effectively penalising the team with the highest turnout.

On a personal level it still counts towards your splatfest rank and I think it's fair that way - although it is possible they altered things for splatoon 2 splatfests.

Had real issues with the connection when trying to play this today. When I finally got into a few fights they were all ketchup vs ketchup!

I reached King level this morning.

DGh_SEpUIAEw5iQ.jpg

Despite playing a lot on the original game, I think this is the first time that i've put enough time into a Splatfest to reach the highest rank. Now to sit and wait for the results. I've got a feeling Mayo will be the winning side. They seem to have a higher class of player of their teams, at least from the games I had. I imagine most kids would have picked Team Ketchup, which would explain the shoddy performance of some of my team mates during certain matches. :D

• Like 1

I think you're right, I was playing @Ugh first aid's file (She had to work for pretty much all of Splatfest and wanted me to get her up a few ranks) and I was astonished at just how much more competent Team Mayo were.

I lost most of my Ketchup matches, and I just assumed it was because I sucked. But after that, I'm not so sure now.

41 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've got a feeling Mayo will be the winning side. They seem to have a higher class of player of their teams, at least from the games I had. I imagine most kids would have picked Team Ketchup, which would explain the shoddy performance of some of my team mates during certain matches.

yeah me too, i noticed Mayo players were better in general. Also, the American Splatfest results just came in and Mayo won lol

Edited by Helmsly

I think I won every round as ketchup yesterday, so I can't say anything. I'll be on for some rounds now if anyone wants to join me :)