NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

3 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Oh does that hide them for people other than me?

Yup, completely. The only exception are the moderators. They see everything.

Yup, completely. The only exception are the moderators. They see everything.

We've played right into their hands, moving to this forum.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:

dZ2hm6y.gif

• Like 3

I gave this a quick go doing the journey to Inkopolis.

I really don't like the motion controls on this and it felt a bit better with them turned off. I do wonder whether or sticks or motion has an advantage online though?

9 minutes ago, DazzeL said:

I do wonder whether or sticks or motion has an advantage online though?

Personally, using a mixture of both motion and stick is the way to go. Stick for big, wide movements and Motion for fine tuning. But then again, I hate Splatoon, so take or leave what I say.

Edited by Glen-i

They're probably using a tablet pen.. I tried using an Ipad pen, but it wasn't suited for drawing.. I'll see if a Wacom pen works (and doesn't scratch the screen or something).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sméagol said:

They're probably using a tablet pen.. I tried using an Ipad pen, but it wasn't suited for drawing.. I'll see if a Wacom pen works (and doesn't scratch the screen or something).

ah yeah, I didn't think of that. That would be pretty cool if those pens work without messing up the screen

8 hours ago, Helmsly said:

ah yeah, I didn't think of that. That would be pretty cool if those pens work without messing up the screen

The Switch uses a capacitive screen (as opposed to resistive screen used on all previous Nintendo devices). Any stylus made for capacitive screens should work.. If I'm getting Splatoon (which is looking more likely now), I may get a stylus purely for Splatoon (well, hopefully there will be more games (or even other apps) that will benefit from a stylus).

I tried my DSi stylus as well, but as that was intended for a resistive screen, it did absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

The Switch uses a capacitive screen (as opposed to resistive screen used on all previous Nintendo devices). Any stylus made for capacitive screens should work.. If I'm getting Splatoon (which is looking more likely now), I may get a stylus purely for Splatoon (well, hopefully there will be more games (or even other apps) that will benefit from a stylus).

I tried my DSi stylus as well, but as that was intended for a resistive screen, it did absolutely nothing.

Yeah, i knew about the different screens and why a Wii U stylus doesn't work on the switch's screen or a smartphone screen etc. I'd forgotten that they made pens for devices with capacitive screens though and chances are I'll get one of those too if i can find a good one that works on the switch without scratching the screen. I say that because the Switch's screen is plastic and not glass like a smartphone or an ipad, so it could possibly be more prone to scratching then using it on one of those devices.

Edited by Helmsly

Single player mode uses dynamic 1080p, with a flawless 60FPS.  Hub is full 1080p with enhanced AA at 30FPS.

Visuals are also noticeably better than on Wii U outside of resolution.

Online multiplayer isn't available for them to try yet, but based on my personal experience with it at Nintendo's post E3 event, it's a huge upgrade over the Testfire in terms of image quality and a perfect 60FPS :) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 3

On 07/07/2017 at 7:49 PM, Sheikah said:

No one can hide from my sight ;)

I've not kept up with much in the last few months and unfortunately missed pretty much all of E3 but I was wondering - are they doing the trickle feed of content with this similar to how they did with the WiiU version?

They're providing a feature complete game at release and supporting it with free updates for a year, and Splatfests for two years. Great stuff.

What kind of content is gonna be in the free updates for the year?

40 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They're providing a feature complete game at release and supporting it with free updates for a year, and Splatfests for two years. Great stuff.

They only showed off new weapons, but said maps too. Hopefully new modes as well - I want death match dammit!

They mainly just said there’d be new content for a year.

The term "feature complete game" must be used lightly given how lacking in features Splatoon is.

I 'd like everything from the first game makes it over to Splatoon 2. Maps, weapons and gear etc

Edited by Helmsly

14 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I 'd everything from the first game makes it over to Splatoon 2. Maps, weapons and gear etc

Aye was wondering if they're gonna drip feed the weapons and maps again. It isn't the best way to do it but for early adopters it may help keep the game fresh until they're all out - it was fun seeing the little meta shifts in the original.

What are people's first impressions of the Splatfest?

I like the game, it's a lot of fun and slowly getting used to motion controls for aiming.

I'm just not sure the depth is there unless you're in a team and playing in a league etc.

Umm stupid question but how do you 'pick' a side. I can't seem to do anything until I 'choose a team' but don't have a clue how to actually do that. 

Never played the first game. Had a quick bash just now. Hate the motion controls so turned that off. It's definitely different then other shooters.

Not really sure what I think to be honest. Need to play more.

I think people really need to give the motion controls more time to get used to. The game is so much better and you're so much more accurate with them. It's the same way mouse and keyboard is 10x better for shooters than analog sticks.

Anyone up for this now? Because Nintendo are fucking infuriating and gimp everything they touch, being able to play with friends is limited to 4 players. So you and a mate can’t play together. Oh Nintendo.... 

we have 3. Anyone else

• Like 1