NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

Depends what you mean, you can do private or worldwide, in turf mode you just join the rom but groups are random, for the competitive section (rotating game modes) you join a squad, 2, 3 or 4.

Private matches gives you complete freedom to do whatever you want, even change weapons whenever as well; it's brilliant.

The only problem with the game as a whole is balance, if someone drops out, or you're in a team of 3 or you don't have even numbers in a private game... The games needs drop in drop out multiplayer AND BOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah should've specified my question:

Can you create a lobby with friends (e.g. 3 people), join a public match and play as a team?

Yeah should've specified my question:

Can you create a lobby with friends (e.g. 3 people), join a public match and play as a team?

Yep, a Squid Squad it's called, but you can't play Turf War mode like that, that's always a free-for-all with regards to teams.

I think they should put a sprinkler option in for teams that are a player down.. say 3vs4 but the 3 player team has the sprinkler... the sprinkler just floats around the stage, spreading ink.. if the opposing team shoot it down (give it the same health as a regular squid) then it respawns and continues doing the same. it wouldn't purposefully target objectives etc, but at least it could help cover a bit of turf, draw fire etc.. something like that as an option at least could be interesting.

internet where I am is appalling right now, which is the main reason I stopped playing splatoon :( I love the game but without a net connection, it's nothing. Hopefully my net connection situation will change, but tbh I think I will be skipping this as by the time I get a switch the main splatoon buzz will have gone and unless there are compelling local play options, I think there will be other games I'll get more out of.

I hope they announce additional online features to the game.

Custom Classes allowing for swapping between re-spawns.

Party system allowing for a 4-man Party to search for public lobbies online - not just in ranked mode.

Better map rotation options & better game-mode selection options in public lobbies.

Drop in mid-match to even up unbalanced teams after someone drops out.

There's still so much room for improvement with the game... it's got the potential to be a true great!

Edited by Kav

This definitely isn't just Splatoon 1.5. Enjoyed that Direct a lot, they've really struck gold with this new IP

Demo out on the 15th and it looks like it'll house a Splatfest (Cake vs Icecream)

Just now, Ronnie said:

This definitely isn't just Splatoon 1.5. Enjoyed that Direct a lot, they've really struck gold with this new IP

Hmmm, I’ll say I love Splatoon, and no doubt this will be incredible. But it is a bit Splatoon 1.5 Maybe 1.75 :)

Salmon Run is the only new mode, which looks amazing, but is very disapppinting, desperate for Death Match Modena (Splat Match)...

Some modes, same structure, same feel, everything operates the same. I’m not complaining; but it doesn’t feel like a complete overhaul to me - I wanted a new competitive mode, I wanted some tweaks to how it works - drop in /out, bots, save load outs; be able to play any mode, bigger selection of maps each cycle etc. 

I think when we get it, the competitive multiplayer will feel almost identical to what we’v ealready played - new maps and wqeapons, but ultimately feel the same.

Salmon run and a new single player will be incredible though.

Very excited about The Game, a tad disappointed there isn’t a little more.

• Like 1

Putting loudouts on amiibo  is so fucking stupid too. They clearly know people want it, so hide it behind amiibo, utterly mental.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Putting loadouts on amiibo  is so fucking stupid too. They clearly know people want it, so hide it behind amiibo, utterly mental.

Yeah I'm not a fan of that. It really should be in the game normally. I'm also unsure why Salmon run's can only be done at certain times

It's not improved nearly enough compared to what it should have done.

On 03/07/2017 at 4:10 PM, Kav said:

I hope they announce additional online features to the game.

Custom Classes allowing for swapping between re-spawns.

Party system allowing for a 4-man Party to search for public lobbies online - not just in ranked mode.

Better map rotation options & better game-mode selection options in public lobbies.

Drop in mid-match to even up unbalanced teams after someone drops out.

There's still so much room for improvement with the game... it's got the potential to be a true great!

With it still missing all the features above it doesn't feel like a sequel should've done.

Now I'm unsure of a purchase.

I forgot about the Direct, I just watched it.

Generally liked what I saw, but then again, I haven't played the first. But I'm really worried I can't get to grips with (any of the) controls.. I'm liking everything else so far, but if I can't plahy the game, I won't be able to enjoy it. It's a good thing the game is getting another demo.

This is just one game I have no interest in at all. 

I didn't play the first, but did play it at the Switch event in Feb and didn't enjoy it at all. I don't think it's for me. 

First big Switch game I won't be buying. Unless the demo changes my mind but I'm doubtful. 

Dont even know why I don't like it, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by Aneres11

I'm definitely trying the demo but I'm not sure on this.

The game itself does look fun. However, it's almost exclusively an online multiplayer game and the app looks shocking. I was really hoping that the app would work a bit like Xbox Party Chat or something as a global service for the system but instead it looks very narrow and controlled. I'm not even sure we will have voice chat until a game actually starts and it looks like never with strangers either so that's a lot of faffing with friend codes and finding people to play with online.

I'm not going to dive in at release, will see how it all shakes up first.

If you didn’t play the first then this game is borderline unmissable :) The Game is incredible; plus the single player to the first is amazing, and this looks as good, if it’s longer then again it’s well worth it.

The Game is incredible

Well I just lost for the first time since about 2008...
  • Like 3

You can download the testfire right now, but obviously because the Splatfest isn't live you can't play it, but you can create a character, walk around the town and draw messages and stuff. I have to admit, I am finding the controls strange because I was so used to the Wii U gamepad with its analog stick above the buttons. 

DEI0NcMUwAAPLk1.jpg

The game looks very nice though

Edited by Helmsly

I haven't played the first game, and the direct totally sold me. I'm really looking forward to it, amd the "demo" seems really smooth. After testing the tutorial, i found the controls pretty good for a console shooter. Looking forward to testing it out properly.

Maybe it will detrone Overwatch as my main shooter.

So Nintendo have detailed splatnet 2 and it implies you can only chat in private battles... which is worrying in it’s gimpedness.

Also say you can only create an online pound for Private battles, league battles and splatfest... what about ranked? Or is leagu ebattles another name for a squid squad?! 

In a private battle, everyone can talk together before they split off into teams. Once the teams are formed, it’ll switch so you’ll only talk to other players on your team.

?
So if 6 friends are playing together only 3 can talk to each other during a match? It works when all of them are seriously competitive but I assume most groups of friends just want to play for fun and talk to everyone while playing...what a stupid way to do voice chat.

Yes, I'm assuming there's no other option...who can blame me when it's Nintendo :p

• Like 1

So it's still only 75% of a game then? :p

All mocking aside though, why are Nintendo so reluctant to give gamers what they want?

How is it they are still so goddam backwards when it comes to the most basic of functions for friends gaming together?!

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

?
So if 6 friends are playing together only 3 can talk to each other during a match? It works when all of them are seriously competitive but I assume most groups of friends just want to play for fun and talk to everyone while playing...what a stupid way to do voice chat.

Yes, I'm assuming there's no other option...who can blame me when it's Nintendo :p

This is why party chat is needed at the OS level. 

• Like 1