NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

It's funny, the original was so well-received but this is generating no hype.

I think the problem is it looks like the same game. It's the total opposite of most Nintendo sequels.

It's funny, the original was so well-received but this is generating no hype.

I think the problem is it looks like the same game. It's the total opposite of most Nintendo sequels.

When you use a specific non-realistic style and technology progresses, you see diminishing returns a lot quicker than with realistic styles

Yeah the problem I had with this is that for all I knew I was looking at Splatoon 1 with some updates.

A focus on the single player/what truly different this time around - map creator would be nice - would have made this show a lot better.

Splatoon 2 is about to be shown on Treehouse now.

I needed to draw stuff anyway.

They say that all the specials are new.

I was late, so is the aiming the same (do they have gyros in pro controllers )? Is there anything about single player?

When you use a specific non-realistic style and technology progresses, you see diminishing returns a lot quicker than with realistic styles

I assume he meant more that what has been shown so far is nothing more than a DLC pack (i.e. weapons primarily), but I imagine there will be more additions than that. If they consider MK8 a port but this a new game, there must be more to this than we're seeing.

"Splatoon Two" is clunky to say.

They say that all the specials are new.

I was late, so is the aiming the same (do they have gyros in pro controllers )? Is there anything about single player?

Yep, no old specials, it seems like.

Gyro controls are still available.

The new dual wielding weapon seems to use the Joycons to aim in two places at once. Also implements a dodge move that follows up with aiming the two guns in one direction for more accurate aiming.

I assume he meant more that what has been shown so far is nothing more than a DLC pack (i.e. weapons primarily), but I imagine there will be more additions than that. If they consider MK8 a port but this a new game, there must be more to this than we're seeing.

They did say it happens 2 years after the first game, so I hope they've ment the single player.

And it seems that gyro aiming is on :D.

EDIT: Glen-i just replied to my question from before. Thx :). I am happy with Splatoon.

Splatwoon would have been the obvious name but nothing is ever simple for Nintendo.

Splatwoon would have been the obvious name but nothing is ever simple for Nintendo.

I kind of like Splatwotoon because then I picture squids in tutus. Don't judge me.

Yeah missed opportunity with Spla2oon. 2 painted over the t.

I disagree, can you imagine the confusion?

"Hey? Wanna play Splatoon?"

"Nah, man, Splatoon is old hat, haven't you got Splatwoon?"

"Well, yeah, I just asked if you want to play that."

"Wait, is Splatoon on Switch? I thought it was supposed to be a sequel"

And so on.

Also it would be Spla2n, otherwise your saying Splatwooon which is just crazy :heh:

And so on.

Doesn't seem to bother Apple :heh:

I'm kinda hyped for this, but I want to know more.

I like that you'll be able to change "hair"styles now, but I still think it's too bad you can't choose pants.

But really, I have to agree that it's not obvious how the game has improved. Is the single player going to be more substantial? 4-player splitscreen? Bigger hub world? Weapon customization? Level editor? More multiplayer modes?

And so on.

Wipeout 3 was called Wip3out, but to my knowledge noone was confused over it.

Since I play a lot on the move, I hope for quite a substantial single player-campaign. Can't see online MP on te go. ;)

Since I play a lot on the move, I hope for quite a substantial single player-campaign. Can't see online MP on te go. ;)

Considering there will be a Switch app for your phone, I wouldn't be surprised if you could use your phone's internet connection for online play on the go.

One thing they need to do is sort out the god-awful online options/features in this game!

They need to add parties, so you can search for online lobbies in a group together, as a team, and not have to play privately together, or on different teams like the first game does.

They also need to allow you to have a few custom loadouts preset and for you to be able to take these into a game and give you the possibility to change them on the fly in-game (upon respawn of course). None of this utter dog-shit having to back out of the lobbies to do so... what a wank idea that was!

One thing they need to do is sort out the god-awful online options/features in this game!

They need to add parties, so you can search for online lobbies in a group together, as a team, and not have to play privately together, or on different teams like the first game does.

They also need to allow you to have a few custom loadouts preset and for you to be able to take these into a game and give you the possibility to change them on the fly in-game (upon respawn of course). None of this utter dog-shit having to back out of the lobbies to do so... what a wank idea that was!

Isn't squid squad joining a team and looking for games?

We deifnitely need saved loadouts, I also think we need drop in in online or/and bots; if a player drops out or you can't get a full team using squid squad it's pretty much pointless.

Isn't squid squad joining a team and looking for games?

We deifnitely need saved loadouts, I also think we need drop in in online or/and bots; if a player drops out or you can't get a full team using squid squad it's pretty much pointless.

Bots is a good shout. I played loads of matches where the game would start but you'd be a man or two down. Very annoying.

For me personally, I feel voice chat and set teams would take away the fun from the chaotic nature of the game. There are plenty of online shooters where squads and tactics rule, but being held back to your base by a coordinated assault game after game would get very old, very quickly in Splatoon.

For me personally, I feel voice chat and set teams would take away the fun from the chaotic nature of the game. There are plenty of online shooters where squads and tactics rule, but being held back to your base by a coordinated assault game after game would get very old, very quickly in Splatoon.

But... that's what happens anyway. Do you not think so many players play online anyway via other means?

I loved the original Splatoon until I was no longer able to play online. For that reason, Splatoon 2 hasn't really registered on my radar yet but the unveiling of a good single player mode would get me interested in addition to the improved local multiplayer :hehe: