NEurope
Serebii

Snipperclips (March 2017)

The person holding the controller on the right...God what an awful photoshop. His thumb isn't even near the analogue stick!

Is this some sort of Mario Maker-like game but you use drawings/art/clip art to design games…?

Description from PR

GenreAction-Puzzle

Players1-4*

CUT PAPER CHARACTERS INTO NEW SHAPES TO SOLVE PUZZLES WITH FRIENDS!

Cut paper characters into new shapes to solve dynamic puzzles and play activities in a wonderfully creative and imaginative world!

FEATURES:

Work together with friends to cut paper characters into new shapes and solve puzzles – Communicate and cooperate (or not) and move the paper characters on the screen. Get creative and cut shapes out of each other to interact with the environment, move objects, and solve puzzles

Dynamic puzzles full of ever-changing gameplay – Use your imagination to solve puzzles of many different types in fun and interesting ways

Two different types of modes – Solve basic and advanced puzzles by yourself or with a friend in the main game. Then, work together as a team and solve up to 4-player dynamic puzzles or compete against each other in activities!

*Additional games, systems, and/or accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.

It's an eShop exclusive title

It reminds me of some game that came out for the Wii U or 3DS that I can't remember but you made monsters out of parts and it created them...similar art vibe.

Anyway, we played it and it was surprisingly fun and challenging. One of those puzzle games that on the surface seems easy but there's enough mechanics to add breadth and hopefully enough challenges too.

Basically you both play as one of those characters and if you overlap anyone that presses one button then cuts off the overlapping part from the other person. You can reset yourself too. Can also rotate and jump.

It started off with just making sure you each line up properly in a 'goal' (think of Thomas Was Alone, but together) then you had to cut each other down to size. Then it moved on to challenges where you had to cut one person to be able to press a switch while the other one had to react (in one case a ball came down and you had to carry it and then chuck it in a basket, in the other you had to balance a pencil across the screen and then lever it at the end).

The little animations on the characters were really cute.

Would make a good eShop game, unless there really is a lot there, but no more than £20 I'd say.

It reminds me of some game that came out for the Wii U or 3DS that I can't remember but you made monsters out of parts and it created them...similar art vibe.

Freakyforms?

That game got music in Smash and I still don't know why.

It could be interesting for kids.

They should include this game with the console.

It could be interesting for kids.

They should include this game with the console.

NO I'M AN ADULT AND I ENJOYED THIS.

(you can tell I'm adult because I'm using all caps and have an Adventure Time signature/avatar)

Puzzle game fans will definitely like this one. There's plenty of room for creative thinking here.

NO I'M AN ADULT AND I ENJOYED THIS.

(you can tell I'm adult because I'm using all caps and have an Adventure Time signature/avatar)

To be fair, I've liked it actually more and more and have suggested my wife that we could play it with friends :D.

It looks like there are more games I am going to buy :D.

In addition to Ashley's impressions, this also seems to be getting really great reviews on Twitter. Looks fun

In addition to Ashley's impressions, this also seems to be getting really great reviews on Twitter. Looks fun

It's almost as if you don't trust my impressions alone :heh:

Game looks amazing and is exactly my kind of game. They keep calling it a co op puzzler, but surely it'll be single player no?!

Also, what are the chances of it being online? With Nintendo charging of fit, I sort of think they need to put every game online they can!!

It's almost as if you don't trust my impressions alone :heh:

Fantastic hardware.

8/10

:wink:

Game looks amazing and is exactly my kind of game. They keep calling it a co op puzzler, but surely it'll be single player no?!

Also, what are the chances of it being online? With Nintendo charging of fit, I sort of think they need to put every game online they can!!

Yeah, I'm hoping I can play it on my own too but otherwise hope you can play it online, would be good to play with my brother.

Fantastic hardware.

8/10

:wink:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Did I say hardware in that? Weird.

Anyway, I stand by it. Game isn't perfect, thus not a ten, and has numerous flaws, thus not a nine. An eight is a good review. You need to let it go :heh:

Besides, this game clearly looks better ;) it's just a shame they snapped up the indie and have basically removed them from the narrative.

Did I say hardware in that? Weird.

Anyway, I stand by it. Game isn't perfect, thus not a ten, and has numerous flaws, thus not a nine. An eight is a good review. You need to let it go :heh:

Besides, this game clearly looks better ;) it's just a shame they snapped up the indie and have basically removed them from the narrative.

I never meant this to be a discussion, it was just a light-hearted joke, but for the record... out of 83 reviews for SM3DW on Metacritic, five of them are an 8/10 or lower, and twenty five (a third of all reviews) are 10/10. Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course, even the minority, but IMO a game doesn't have to be perfect to be a 10. No game is perfect.

I never meant this to be a discussion, it was just a light-hearted joke, but for the record... out of 83 reviews for SM3DW on Metacritic, five of them are an 8/10 or lower, and twenty five (a third of all reviews) are 10/10. Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course, even the minority, but IMO a game doesn't have to be perfect to be a 10. No game is perfect.

Oh I know I was playing along. Although at the time there was a lot of unwarranted hostility for opinions from various people. Review scores are after all an arbitrary and are mostly used to make certain people feel better.

And for those wondering, this is what it was like back in 2015:

New Snipperclips levels shown in this YT vid.

As I posted in the Switch thread, after playing this at the Switch even on Friday, I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Wonder when it's out? All's it says anywhere is 'March'. Hoping for a surprise release title. :heh: