NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

1-2 Switch (March 3rd 2017)

I'll be getting this digitally, as I think it's the ideal game to always have access to when you're out and about. I can see it selling surprisingly well actually.

Makes very good sense actually.

THIS GAME IS FUN!!

Just came off playing a few games with my gf. Good quality time too with all the 'look each other in the eyes' lol.

Great combination of games, some fluky af like the air guitar and baseball - but the sword fighting, sword catching, quick draw, heck even the catwalk was fun! Also zen, which sees you staying in a yoga position and the one who wobbles the most loses - the joycons are so accurate.

THIS GAME IS FUN!!

Just came off playing a few games with my gf. Good quality time too with all the 'look each other in the eyes' lol.

Great combination of games, some fluky af like the air guitar and baseball - but the sword fighting, sword catching, quick draw, heck even the catwalk was fun! Also zen, which sees you staying in a yoga position and the one who wobbles the most loses - the joycons are so accurate.

Yeah, it's creepy how well they work. Sword Fight is a good showcase of how well it works, felt very realistic.

Catwalk is the best game though, provided you've got the room.

Yeah we had a quick go on it today, it's good fun. Should have been bundled with the console though....

This is a superb party game. Love the concept of a 'mobile' party machine and this delivers. Would have liked a few more games but have really enjoyed most of them. The marble box game blew our freaking minds!

Iv actually warmed up to 1-2 Switch it sounds pretty awesome but I think il have to wait for price cut.

Definitely think it should have been bundled, would have been a great thing to show off the system to people. I'm really enjoying it though, obviously there's a time and a place those games are suited for, but when it fits it's a great deal of fun.

Had some LOLs yesterday with the games we didn't touch yet: Telephone, Shaver and Fake draw... That Fake Draw loool.

So I ended up picking this up as my girlfriend said it would be something she'd like to play. Having agreed with the opinion that it seemed a bit expensive I can actually see this being well worth the £35 I paid. Most games we tried were good fun even without any alcohol being involved and we have good friends that live no more than 5 minutes walk away so meeting up of a weekend and bringing this along could be quite a regular thing. Some of the mini games seem to be scored randomly though (specifically the pose matching and air guitar ones come to mind) and I think plate spinning could very easily lead to things being broken around the house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought it as my son wanted to play.

£35 too much. The games are terrible and there is no charm to them at all. It's just all too basic and throwaway games.

Bought it as my son wanted to play.

£35 too much. The games are terrible and there is no charm to them at all. It's just all too basic and throwaway games.

There's some interesting videos on YouTube talking about this game and it's not all positive. The lack of computer A.I for single player games and lack of real replay value are some of the issues with this game. Having said that I can see the appeal for this game it's just I can see what this game could have been if more time had been spent on it.

Anyway, I will probably get this game when the price drops below £20 or less which is fairly close to the recommended price of this game from Angry Joe on YT.

Edited by sumo73

There's some interesting videos on YouTube talking about this game and it's not all positive. The lack of computer A.I for single player games and lack of real replay value are some of the issues with this game. Having said that I can see the appeal for this game it's just I can see what this game could have been if more time had been spent on it.

Anyway, I will probably get this game when the price drops below £20 or less which is fairly close to the recommended price of this game from Angry Joe on YT.

Thats the biggest problem, no depth to it at all. It's just all far too basic and it feels like a throwaway title. Really hope we don't see Nintendo release another game like this. This was half baked and rushed, no doubt about that.

Initially I thought it should of been bundled now I think it should never of been released. The game is pure trash. Calling it a game is generous.

Sequel is in the works but it sounds like a bit of a mess.

https://www.fanbyte.com/news/the-wild-story-behind-nintendos-unannounced-1-2-switch-sequel/

The idea, on paper, was solid. Nintendo EPD Group 4 designed a host for the minigames based on international appeal: a bipedal horse that looked like a man wearing a rubber horse mask. The game’s text simply referred to him as “Horse” because it sounded enough like the English word “Host” that it would come across in different languages. Minigames would ask players to physically move around the environment for things like Musical Chairs, or use their phone to play Bingo. There was even a game that resembled a virtual version of Spin the Bottle that involved saying something nice about another person.

It tested horribly.

When playtesting groups received the game, the feedback to the development team was brutal. The target audiences Nintendo was hoping to hit — families with children — found the games boring; many didn’t even want to play through entire rounds. In the Bingo example, one player would use the joycon to mime digging out a number before reading it off the TV screen — a process that playtesters reported as tedious.

The main mode of the game, the Team Battle Mode, pit at least two teams of players against each other in various minigames. This mode prominently featured Horse, who would give color commentary during the games. During the localization process, sources started calling the game “Horseshit” as shorthand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There was even a game that resembled a virtual version of Spin the Bottle 

The target audiences Nintendo was hoping to hit — families with children

Well there's your problem! Those two sentences don't go hand in hand.

• Haha 4

I just don't understand what purpose a sequel would serve, wasn't the entire point to show off the versatility of the joy cons - the people who bought it wouldn't exactly have played it for very long, it was a novelty that only made sense for a very brief period at launch. 

It seems like it's destined to be dead in the water if it's just more of the same, surely Nintendo will listen to the play testers and just scrap the whole thing - its not like they're desperate for new releases

You see, now that's the kind of announcement I was hoping to see in an E3 Direct.

10 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I just don't understand what purpose a sequel would serve, wasn't the entire point to show off the versatility of the joy cons

A sequel would serve the purpose of showing off and incorporating Joy-Con drift into gameplay :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wouldn't be surprised if it was just quietly binned. Sounds pretty rubbish. 

Since when do Nintendo do focus testing with the public? They literally never do this.

I could believe them making a 1,2,Switch sequel, but I can't believe them doing public focus testing with it when they never do this with any of their other games (all early evaluation is done within EPD and then Mario Club/high level NOA Treehouse staff).

And even then.  If the game was that bad, do you really think that it would've made it all the way to the end of development? This is the company that publicly scrapped the original versions of Metroid Prime 4 and Nintendo Switch Sports halfway through development because they didn't meet their expectations; yet we're supposed to believe that this 1,2,Switch sequel only starts getting red flagged after it's already finished? Nah.  This story is bullshit.

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this