NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

1-2 Switch (March 3rd 2017)

This game is a problem. It's supposed to be their Wii Sports equivalent system seller for casuals from the looks of it. Yet I don't have a clue how to play any of the games.

"You don't look at the screen" ok cool. But what do we do then?

I'm imagining competitive Bop-It style. I.e. The controller will shout "shoot" first to shoot wins. "Fish" throw out a line. "Martini" shake 2 ice cubes in your JoyCon! Etc.

This game is a problem. It's supposed to be their Wii Sports equivalent system seller for casuals from the looks of it. Yet I don't have a clue how to play any of the games.

"You don't look at the screen" ok cool. But what do we do then?

2 minutes 30 second video and I'm none the wiser about what the game actually is.

£40 for this.... Nintendo have blew all the hype and excitement people had. They are mental!

£40 for this.... Nintendo have blew all the hype and excitement people had. They are mental!

Don't forget you need another Joy-Con pair (‎£74.99) if you want to play it with someone who doesn't own a Switch...

It clearly uses the motion+ 3D movement sensing/HD rumble features, camera features etc.

It looks like there's plenty of mini games (there seems a huge amount just shown, probably many more, each with slight variations on control and reflex challenges), but essentially it looks like some sort of duelling game (rock/paper/scissors is mentioned as being able to be sensed by the controller, too). Dispute/argument settler? It's meant as a simple party game and for just people wanting a quick laugh. I see it becoming a popular drinking game. While not a "gamer's game" I can see this becoming some humongous fad. You wait and see.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's Wario Ware style single player, too.

It looks like there's plenty of mini games (there seems a huge amount just shown, probably many more, each with slight variations on control and reflex challenges), but essentially it looks like some sort of duelling game (rock/paper/scissors is mentioned as being able to be sensed by the controller, too). Dispute/argument settler? It's meant as a simple party game and for just people wanting a quick laugh. I see it becoming a popular drinking game. While not a "gamer's game" I can see this becoming some humongous fad. You wait and see.

But for 40 bucks? I get where you're coming from, but I think it's too expensive.

Yeah, obviously let's wait until we've seen more of it, but it was a bad demo, bad trailer, completely unclear and doesn't sell the game at all!

What the hell is this.

l0Expk5SRltU7pE88.gif

The work of a madman, and I love it!

ovGYedx.gif

ry33mr4iqlrlbiwbl3rb.gif

EDIT: I get the impression the whole HD rumble thing adds to the game. Apparently, it's really impressive.

.eJwNyFEOgyAMANC7cAAqIJ14G4IEzbQltGYfy-4-P9_7mnucZjW7apcVYDuk8NisKI_cqm3M7ay5H2ILX5BVc9mvSirgIs4vTCngElwKS0TwmOI0uejD7B77p256E3_Idmrm9wcKRiLt.ppg2-sWwTGVbmm2ACWfn5UDu9A0?width=400&height=201

Edited by Glen-i

What the hell is this.

Still on this wii madness.

l0Expk5SRltU7pE88.gif

Utter tripe. It's no wonder Nintendo are taking a pasting by gamers today.

I think it looks fun but it's far too expensive. Should be packed in with the console and extra controllers or £20 at most on its own.

Utter tripe. It's no wonder Nintendo are taking a pasting by gamers today.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

I imagine this could be great silly fun if you get friends over.

I can't justify full price though, this really should have been the Wii Sports/NintendoLand of the Switch.

Yeah it was fun and I did get to stare at @Kaepora_Gaebora intensely while milking a cow which I've always wanted to do, but trying to sell it for £40 is going to be difficult.

Yeah it was fun and I did get to stare at @Kaepora_Gaebora intensely while milking a cow which I've always wanted to do, but trying to sell it for £40 is going to be difficult.

It says 6 mini games, but that sounds so pitiful considering what they are. Could there be lots and lots more potentially? Don't know if you saw menus or anything.

No menus. A lot may depend on if they expand it. Sadly didn't get time to try them all, but none were Wii Tennis-like of the three we played.

These actually look pretty fun to be fair!

They seem very Wario Ware to me which I am completely down with.

But is it really just 6 mini games? We've seen 3 already haven't we?! Just when you think it's something good, it turns out shit. Pretty much sums up this whole saga for me so far!

Off the top of my head the ones at the show were:

Milking

Dance copy

Safe unlock

Count balls

Samurai

Quick draw

That would make six, but there's that gif of sandwich eating. What's that from? Not been watching tree house.

Off the top of my head the ones at the show were:

Milking

Dance copy

Safe unlock

Count balls

Samurai

Quick draw

That would make six, but there's that gif of sandwich eating. What's that from? Not been watching tree house.

It's called Eating Contest. It's not part of the demo available to play.

Looks hilarious, but who is going to pay £40 for it? Should be bundled with it.

Finally looking at the software side of the press kit and it lists the following:

Ball Count

Copy Dance

Eating Contest

Milk

Quick Draw

Safe Crack

Samurai Training

Table Tennis

So its 8 rather than 6 as someone said earlier, unless they do release more.

The guy on our samurai stand was saying it could be a great drinking game; I'd love Nintendo to officially market this whole game as a "pre night out drinking game to get wasted" experience.

And have me and @Ashley milking each other sorry cows on the box...

Sign in to follow this