NEurope
Serebii

Fire Emblem Warriors

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

I really hated playing as the Pegasus (even though they're one of my favorite classes in the main games) and Mounted units. I really think they should have made Oboro a free character. Personally not a huge fan of the Fates characters, I understand why they were there and had a big focus but I tend to avoid playing them as much.

The mounted units sacrifice precision control for higher movement speed, playing as them takes a whole deal of practice to hit your mark. I think it's a nice balance. I promoted Cordelia and now she can use healing staffs, which makes her immensely useful for rushing to another character and healing them.

Oboro, Niles, Owain and Navarre being part of the paid DLC is really cheeky though. They're already in the damn game. HW did this with Cia and her crew, but they were part of a free update.

Owain especially upsets me because he's utterly hilarious and suits the silly, over-the-top nature of this game perfectly. I can't wait to play as him, even if he turns out to be a clone.

Anyway, I've started History Mode now. My characters are around the LV 30 mark. It's very slick. I assume Lyn and Celica are in the later ones? I hope at least one of them is unique.

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The mounted units sacrifice precision control for higher movement speed, playing as them takes a whole deal of practice to hit your mark. I think it's a nice balance. I promoted Cordelia and now she can use healing staffs, which makes her immensely useful for rushing to another character and healing them.

Oboro, Niles, Owain and Navarre being part of the paid DLC is really cheeky though. They're already in the damn game. HW did this with Cia and her crew, but they were part of a free update.

Owain especially upsets me because he's utterly hilarious and suits the silly, over-the-top nature of this game perfectly. I can't wait to play as him, even if he turns out to be a clone.

Anyway, I've started History Mode now. My characters are around the LV 30 mark. It's very slick. I assume Lyn and Celica are in the later ones? I hope at least one of them is unique.

Oh yeah, they are great for pairing up with and switching to if you need to get somewhere fast. Just hated fighting with them.

Yeah they get their own themed maps. The sound affects in the menu changes as well. Lyn is unique, her moves are very reminiscent of the GBA animations. Not 100% sure on Celica, I didn't user her much, but pretty sure she is as well.

• Thanks 1

I unlocked Ryoma's passive skill "Astra" yesterday.

And now I need this on absolutely every character. Holy nards, it's awesome!

I finished the first History Map. (Barring a couple of S Ranks and the post clear LV 60 stages, ain't ready for those quite yet) Moving on to the FE: Fates map now.

Oh my daze! Lyn is total ridic!

I want to get her Support Rank with Ryoma's to A just to see how insane she is with Astra.

I totally see what @Ike was on about with her GBA-esque animation. Very cool!

Shadow Dragon DLC pack drops tomorrow.

Linde, Navarre, and Minerva join the fray.

Four new costumes for Lyn, Caeda, Marth, and Tiki.

New weapon skills and blessings.

Level cap boosted to 130.

Three new history maps.

Exclusive new weapon for Caeda.

DVcQ-DmV4AA1ToF.jpg

33894ee8b7f94c6205f0a3956b33e4fc.jpg

I'm digging Marth's outfit, looks like something I'd expect Itsuki from Tokyo Mirage Sessions to wear.

Here's hoping Minerva and Linde aren't clones (Navarre's totally a clone of Lyn though. I can tell)

Edited by Glen-i

Edit: It's available now.

Camilla uses magic, right? Minerva doesn't so she should be somewhat unique. Never mind she does have magic. At least we have a second Wyvern Rider option. Linde doesn't have a melee weapon and I guess light magic is unique? You're totally right about Navarre.

Lyn's costume is from her Awakening DLC, nice to see it with some decent artwork. :p

Minerva's skill negates the bonuses bow users get against flying units so that's really good, was hoping they would add that.

Yeah, Minerva's a clone of Camilla, that's disappointing, at least Linde has a unique moveset.

Being able to turn off the Crest confirmation window is much appreciated though. And it's nice the game now shows you who can equip a staff.

Edited by Glen-i

OK, after trying out the new characters more, Linde turned out unintentionally funny, the running animation looks like she stole a book from the Library. And whenever she makes up the second half of a dual special, she finishes by shouting "Starlight Explosion!" in an unfitting tone of voice. Which elicits giggles in me way too often. Helps that I really like her movesets, I think I prefer her to Robin. And I'm not keen on Leo and Elise's movesets. So more good magic users is nice.

Navarre, despite being a clone, is a clone of best character, Lyn, so I can't be too upset. Helps that his dialogue tends to be pretty entertaining on account of him being very blunt and hateful, raises a smile quite often.

Minerva, unfortunately, falls flat. She's a clone of Camilla and is just not very interesting, personality wise. As much as I groan at Camilla's blatant titillation, she does make more of an impression because of that. Minerva's just boring.

On 15/02/2018 at 12:06 PM, Glen-i said:

Minerva, unfortunately, falls flat. She's a clone of Camilla and is just not very interesting, personality wise. As much as I groan at Camilla's blatant titillation, she does make more of an impression because of that. Minerva's just boring.

Her stats are a bit better and her skill is better. Plus she's not Camilla. :heh:

13 minutes ago, Ike said:

Her stats are a bit better and her skill is better. Plus she's not Camilla. :heh:

Oh, I'm still using Minerva, and Iote's Shield is a pretty solid defensive skill. But I do prefer Trample as it lets me kill unmounted units quicker, which helps with the S ranks.

I don't really have a problem with weaknesses when it comes to Wyvern Riders, I get someone else to fight archers and everyone who's strong against Dragons (Chrom, Lucina, Lyn, Marth) are all sword users, so Minerva and Camilla shouldn't really be fighting them in the first place.

Camilla's Magic stat is better though. So those fiery combo finishers do more damage than Minerva's.

You're right about her being Camilla though. That's definitely a minus point.

Edited by Glen-i

I actually just got Astra on Lyn. My eyes can't even follow what's happening.

• Haha 1

According to Famitsu, the Awakening DLC is released tomorrow in Japan, which should mean it will be available around midnight.

• Thanks 1

Woo! I'm so ready for 2 clones and Olivia! Oh well, at least one of them is the best Awakening Character. (Hint: Not Tharja. She isn't even the best Dark Mage in Awakening)

It's a good thing that the History Mode Maps make this worthwhile. The gameplay is definitely a step up from Hyrule.

Edited by Glen-i

It's not out until the 29th, seems Famitsu had the date wrong. Stayed up waiting for it. It actually downloaded an update last night so no idea what that did.

• Thanks 1

Geez, Olivia's new voice is just awful. Really grating. Makes me not want to play as her, which is a shame, as she's the only unique character in this DLC pack.

Owain on the other hand is as bloody amazing as I hoped. I've got him as the narrator and he's just as dramatic as I wanted.

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Geez, Olivia's new voice is just awful. Really grating. Makes me not want to play as her, which is a shame, as she's the only unique character in this DLC pack.

I've listened to a few support conversations on youtube and it sounds like the same Karen Strassmann to me. Are her battle grunts unusually high-pitched or something?

7 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I've listened to a few support conversations on youtube and it sounds like the same Karen Strassmann to me. Are her battle grunts unusually high-pitched or something?

They definitely are, she screams way too much when swinging her sword.

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the Awakening voice. I'm gonna try and find the voice actress for both games.

EDIT: Yep, same actress. She sounds pretty different.

Edited by Glen-i

6 hours ago, Ike said:

They referenced Tharja's statue for her victory pose.

Yeah, I noticed. Nice touch.

I'm starting to tune out Olivia's screeches a bit now. Helps that she has a good moveset.

Tharja actually has one different move than Robin but her stats aren't that great, so she just comes across as a discount Robin. A shame, because I like when you swap to her and she says "Yay. Danger." in that deadpan tone. (Henry would have been funnier to play as.)

I have Owain as the System Voice now and my word, it's great. I went to skip a cutscene and he exclaimed "You would transcend space and time!?" Got a good laugh out of me.

Oh, BTW. The update added video capture support. And for some reason, it doesn't force you to hashtag the game title...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

How does the continuous blessings setting work, do you just pay the materials once and then you get the bonus every map? Sounds too broken to be true.

Never mind, just found out. It prompts you before starting the map.

Just about to start Chapter 19 and only just realised I can change the non-playable characters, d’oh!

• Haha 1

Completed this now.  It was alright.

Hopefully Hyrule Warriors retains the auto-picking up of items.

I played the first couple of levels on the New 3DS version of Fire Emblem Heroes too and it plays perfectly well.  So if you wanted this game and didn’t own a Switch but didn’t want the New 3DS version because of it being for the older platform, don’t let that stop you.

1 hour ago, V. Amoleo said:

Completed this now.  It was alright.

Hopefully Hyrule Warriors retains the auto-picking up of items.

I played the first couple of levels on the New 3DS version of Fire Emblem Heroes too and it plays perfectly well.  So if you wanted this game and didn’t own a Switch but didn’t want the New 3DS version because of it being for the older platform, don’t let that stop you.

You never actually had to manually pick up items in Hyrule Warriors.

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

You never actually had to manually pick up items in Hyrule Warriors.

Really?  I could have swore I had to pick up the pouches in Hyrule Warriors.