NEurope
Serebii

Fire Emblem Warriors

You can vote for characters here: https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/

Fire Emblem 7 has an official title of The Blazing Blade, not sure if Nintendo have used that before.

Looks that way. Not surprising after how badly Hyrule Warriors Legends ran on the original model.

Not surprised as the Zelda game didn't run well on original 3DS

Just weird there's going to be a second New 3DS only title to join Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. :p

Edited by Ike

Famitsu has some details on the game:

Fire-Emblem-Warriors_Famitsu-Scan_05-30-17_001.jpg

Fire-Emblem-Warriors_Famitsu-Scan_05-30-17_002.jpg

– Shion is voiced by Yuma Uchida

– Lian is voiced by Maaya Uchida

– The Fire Emblem series’ mainstay weapon triangle and class systems exist in Fire Emblem Warriors

– It is efficient to attack an Archer with a Pegasus Knight, for example

– Intelligent Systems is supervising on things such as character settings

– There will be a huge, fully voiced script

– The characters that appear are generally from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as Fire Emblem Fates

– This won’t be a gathering of the protagonists from across the series

– There are bond conversations with characters from across different titles

– There is no marriage, nor is there love as a result of becoming good friends

– Marth is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa

– Chrom is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita

– There are two more original characters: Darios (voiced by Takuya Satou) and Yuana (voiced by Yuka Nagayoshi)

– Development is currently 70 percent complete

– The project was in planning before Famitsu’s collaboration Musou title survey

– The first thing that was decided was “to do a Musou game that Fire Emblem fans would enjoy”

– The weapon triangle, high strategy elements, and classes that are mainstay in the Fire Emblem series are in

– The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword

– You can switch characters while playing, so you’ll be able to control various weapons and classes of characters

– The number of playable characters is more than the first entry of any other Musou series collaboration

– Archers and magic users will be playable

– While Koei Tecmo can’t share details on the world yet, there is a “Shield of Fire” in this world that has tuned up from beyond space and time

– Units that ride a horse, such as the Cavalier, always fight on horse. They’re designed to have high mobility

– “Bond Conversations” are being prepared as support conversations. There is a huge amount of text, including serious conversations and goofy conversations

From Gematsu.

No surprise that Awakening and Fates are being used. I know it makes sense given the popularity of both of those games but I really wish they would branch out and give the spotlight to some of the older games.

No surprise that Awakening and Fates are being used. I know it makes sense given the popularity of both of those games but I really wish they would branch out and give the spotlight to some of the older games.

I'm sure they'll add characters from the other games as DLC, like Hyrule Warriors.

Very disappointing news. I'm sure they'll end up having characters from other games as DLC, but it's still disappointing to hear.

Also...

The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword

Clearly Hector and Ephraim don't exist :heh:

Edited by Dcubed

That feeling some of you have. You know? That feeling that the series could be using a more diverse lineup. Because Dire Emblem has a massive amount of characters to choose from?

Now you know how I feel about Pokemon! Same bloody thing.

Well, boo boo! You'll get no sympathy from me.

I'm OK with this. I was worried there'd be too many Lords in this, so I'm OK with this news.

Even if it means Tharja is 99% getting in over Henry for Dark Mage role. Even though Henry is way funnier.

If this is like Hyrule Warriors, that started with OoT, SS and TP as base, and then gradually added everything else, I'm okay with this decision.

(I really wanted Laguz in this, though... no, Panne and Kaden don't count)

Even if it means Tharja is 99% getting in over Henry for Dark Mage role. Even though Henry is way funnier.

As much as I like Tharja (I do like the mischievous witch trope), I'm too busy weeping for my favourite dark mage, Canas. He's not even in Heroes

Because Dire Emblem has a massive amount of characters to choose from?

not-sure-if-troll-not-sure-if-typo-or-witty-pun.jpg

Dire Emblem:

Where easy mode is perma-death, and hard mode will delete your game after one game-over, not allowing you to ever play it again.

• Like 1

That feeling some of you have. You know? That feeling that the series could be using a more diverse lineup. Because Dire Emblem has a massive amount of characters to choose from?

Now you know how I feel about Pokemon! Same bloody thing.

Well, boo boo! You'll get no sympathy from me.

I'm not just invested in the series enough to care that much, just it would have been nice to have more variety, that's all.

New trailer focusing on the Awakening part of the roster - with new character reveals, of course! (Japanese trailer here.)

Now if only NoE could announce a limited edition with all the goodies Japan is getting... I really want that Dragonstone...

"If we have too many Lords, there'll be nothing but sword users!"

Proceeds to put both Sword-Wielding Lords from Awakening in.

I mean, I didn't doubt for one second Lucina would worm her way in there, she's got that Smash pedigree going for her. I was more amazed Chrom got in.

Still, expected Robin, surprised by Lissa, especially since she's wielding an axe. (Big massive middle finger to Hector fans, eh? @Dcubed)

• Like 1

So, we have our first secondary characters. Frederick is the second-best Jagen in the franchise, and Lissa looks like a fun goofy character (she's even dressed like Agitha). So far, I like what I see.

Anyway, here's an interesting tidbit: the game's director, when asked about character inclusions, said "We can't reveal everyone yet, but we know Donnel's a fan favourite". Accidental reveal, or red herring? We don't know, but it's fun to speculate. The guy's a ton of fun, so I hope he's in.

On 05/07/2017 at 6:35 PM, Glen-i said:

Still, expected Robin, surprised by Lissa, especially since she's wielding an axe. (Big massive middle finger to Hector fans, eh?)

Nah, Lissa covers a nice niche. Clumsy axe wielders aren't exactly common. Hector is an Armour Knight/General, his niche isn't filled yet. And unless they decide to put an axe-wielding Kjelle in the game, we'll take in stride and bide our time (come on, DLC...)

On 05/07/2017 at 5:42 PM, Dcubed said:

A very timely trailer release... You'll all see why shortly ;)

Well we never saw....

3 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Well we never saw....

Patience, young Star Wars Character whose name I don't know because I'm not a huge fan of that series.

That sounded snappier in my head...

On 07/07/2017 at 9:54 AM, dazzybee said:

Well we never saw....

content-2-35198-nintendoukposte3eventroundupsidebox.jpgClick me

Bit late, but I got there in the end :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

The lack of variety between the Sword flailers was my biggest fear when this was announced, sucks to hear that they play very similar. Here's hoping future characters are less Link, more Agitha.

Well, this is more like it. Cordelia was announced for this on the Japan site.

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/fe/ (It's on the bottom left of the page)

Looks fun. But then again, she isn't waving a sword around. Also, she has a flying pony, so you know.

We also got confirmation that you can choose between Male and Female Robin. No game play difference, just like Smash.

Awesome trailer, and we even finally got the release date. Fantastic!

...Man, October is packed for me - this makes the fifth game I'm 100% certain I'll be buying that month, and then there's all the amiibo too... I'm assuming Chrom and Tiki will also be released on the 20th.

Disappointed at the lack of a European Collector's Edition, though. :sad:

22 minutes ago, FireMeowth said:

Disappointed at the lack of a European Collector's Edition, though. :sad:

Ask and ye shall receive.

nsw_fire-emblem-warrisfs03.jpg

23 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ask and ye shall receive.

nsw_fire-emblem-warrisfs03.jpg

!

Sadly no artbook or Dragonstone, but I'm definitely buying it anyways.

(...and then maybe importing Japan's Treasure Box Edition on top of that. If I can find one that isn't horribly overpriced.)

Buying this. Weird it's coming out a week before Mario though, though they'd spread it out and release it in November or something... Xenoblade for November and nothing for December maybe?!

7 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Buying this. Weird it's coming out a week before Mario though, though they'd spread it out and release it in November or something... Xenoblade for November and nothing for December maybe?!

Very weird.  They've spaced pretty much every release out perfectly at about one per month.  I wonder if this is, maybe, a 3DS game that is getting a Switch port and had always been targeting October.