NEurope
Serebii

Fire Emblem Warriors

2 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Honestly, the description of the DLC pack is so obviously tone-deaf, I expect them to include a few curveballs, like Ephraim in the Fates pack, or something. I'm also expecting the quirkier ideas to be there (for example, Azura and Olivia could each bring a unique style to the table).

I get that Kellam would be an invisible fighter, and Tharja's a shaman, but what's Virion supposed to bring to the table?

He just would've been a good choice of an Archer character.  Beats yet another sword user from  Awakening!

Many have been asking for the Japanese audio to be patched in, so it's nice to see that they listened to the fan feedback.

The game arrived yesterday and I put a few hours into it and reached chapter 9 of the campaign. I've enjoyed what i've played so far, especially the little FE touches that appear. Every time you level your character up you get the classic FE jingle and the stat screen pops up showing you what has increased. I'm also impressed with how they have included the party up mechanic from the main series and used it in this game.

At the moment i'm pretty much using Rowan whenever I can, but I tend to switch to another character if they are nearer an objective that I need to be at. I never played Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS so the ability to switch characters feels quite refreshing to me. 

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, this game pretty much uses the same unlocking illustrations mechanic as that. Once you clear out 1000 enemies Ann will pop up on the map and sell you a piece of art. I've missed her a few times so i'll need to replay those stages. She's not hard to find, in fact shes pretty much in plain sight, I just kept getting distracted. :p

I'm looking forward to putting some more time into it over the weekend.

I am so bloody tempted to buy this.

I mean, I know the characters won't be as mental as Hyrule, (Anna withstanding) but apart from that, it seems to be pretty solid.

Been looking forward to finishing work so I could play this and just as I'm on the way home I get an email saying that Amazon have had a problem with the delivery so it's going to be delayed by up to three days.

1 hour ago, V. Amoleo said:

Been looking forward to finishing work so I could play this and just as I'm on the way home I get an email saying that Amazon have had a problem with the delivery so it's going to be delayed by up to three days.

Did you order the LE or the regular edition? My LE still says "shipping soon".

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Did you order the LE or the regular edition? My LE still says "shipping soon".

I ordered the LE.  In a weird twist of events, I got an email about twenty minutes ago saying it's out for delivery today and received it just now.  It sounds like they've had a bit of trouble getting these out to people.

2 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

I ordered the LE.  In a weird twist of events, I got an email about twenty minutes ago saying it's out for delivery today and received it just now.  It sounds like they've had a bit of trouble getting these out to people.

Glad you got yours, just got shipping confirmation now. Hoping it arrives tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Ike said:

Glad you got yours, just got shipping confirmation now. Hoping it arrives tomorrow.

If you’re on Prime try having a moan over CS. I know it’s only a day but what’s the point of pre-ordering if you don’t get it on release day?

12 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

If you’re on Prime try having a moan over CS. I know it’s only a day but what’s the point of pre-ordering if you don’t get it on release day?

If it didn't arrive today i would have, a few hours doesn't really make much difference in the long run.

Started on classic but Lissa died and I couldn't continue without her so switched to casual mode. Perma death doesn't really work for this kind of game.

Didn't realise the OST that came with the LE was the full soundtrack, was expecting a "sound selection".

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ike said:

Didn't realise the OST that came with the LE was the full soundtrack, was expecting a "sound selection".

Oh wow! An included soundtrack CD that isn’t completely useless!? What a revelation!

Sounds like this is one of those rare ocassions where the LE is actually worth getting :) 

Edited by Dcubed

I’m really enjoying this.  Easily as much as I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors.

I do have two issues with it though and they’re not exclusive to this game.

1. Let me have English audio with no subtitles.
  2. Let me use the touch screen in portable mode.  This is another game where there are menu items all over the screen but instead of being able to click on them, I have to navigate using the controller.

Has anybody picked up the 3DS version?

I wonder if the season pass will be as good as the Hyrule Warriors one.  I haven’t looked at the details for it yet so I have no idea what it includes.

Promoted Lucina and now she's destroying things. :3

Lissa and Sakura are pretty fun to play as, though Sakura feels a little weak at the moment. Got a second Master Seal so might use it on Lissa (there's a limited number in story mode, 7 I think?).

Kinda sucked when the story branched out, you get the exact same scenario at first. Felt a little lazy.

Worse part of playing casual is I can't perma kill off Camilla. :p

14 hours ago, Ike said:

Worse part of playing casual is I can't perma kill off Camilla. :p

I never got around to playing Fates ( still sat on my shelf )  but does Camilla act the same in those games as she does here? It seems like she was drawn and created to act in a way to just please horny teenagers. 

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I never got around to playing Fates ( still sat on my shelf )  but does Camilla act the same in those games as she does here? It seems like she was drawn and created to act in a way to just please horny teenagers. 

But is she more blatant than Hyrule Warriors Cia?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You mean something like this?

2017101721295000-3BE52CBB2C0B22516872389

2017101721295400-3BE52CBB2C0B22516872389

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, she does.

• Like 1

First DLC pack and an update is available.

They increased the level cap, I was so  close to maxing Lucina. >.<

I finished Story Mode just recently. Bought the Season Pass. Quick impressions.

• Performance Mode is buttery smooth! I don't think I could handle going back to 30 FPS Hyrule Warriors, so I hope this feature appears in the Switch version of that.
  • The Fire Emblem Mechanics add a whole smorgasbord of cool nuances that make the game a lot more tactical than Hyrule. Ordering units around, exploiting the weapon triangle, the different movement speeds of classes. It all makes for a great gameplay experience that improves on Hyrule in almost every way.
  • The remixes are awesome, total butt rock Fire Emblem is something I can't help but smile at.
  • My favourite characters to play as so far are Ryoma and his silly, but fluid Lightning Blade, Tiki and her totally nicked gimmick from Young Link and surprise bundle of awesome, Lissa, who is nothing short of psychotically hilarious.

yr78E6.gif

That move makes me smile every time!

• That said, the general quality of the other characters range from average to pretty pointless. Lianna, Hinoka, Caeda, Leo, Takumi and Lucina add absolutely nothing to the diversity going on and just feel like a waste of time, due to them having the exact same moveset as someone else. There's 3 Pegasus Knights, and they all play exactly the same. Meanwhile, other traditional Lance users are either locked behind DLC (Oboro and Azura, both foot soldiers, surprisingly not clones of each other) or just flat out don't exist (Not a single playable Knight in the game so far, Kellam got robbed)
  • The first DLC pack looks to be quite solid, 3 History maps seem to be quite significant. Oboro is pretty decent and Azura is great, utilising watery attacks like Ruto in Hyrule. But she's not utterly garbage. Niles however, is a clone of Sakura and Takumi, which is disappointing. Although his dialogue shout-outs are great and full of silly double entendres! ("Don't worry, I'm right behind you" he said in a very suggestive tone)
Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

What do you mean Kellam's not in the game? Are you blind!? He's right there! He's even in that gif you posted!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

What do you mean Kellam's not in the game? Are you blind!? He's right there! He's even in that gif you posted!

He's the one who dealt the killing blow to the final boss!

• Haha 2

They really integrated the Fire Emblem mechanics really well, the Weapon Triangle, Supports, Pair Up and Skills, giving commands. It gives it an edge over HW.

History mode isn't such a slog compared Adventure mode, I never even 100%'d the first map in HW, never mind the additional maps. I appreciate not showing Anna's general location when she appeared on the map like how they did with Gold Skulltula's, it was a bit hectic trying to keep control of the map and have to look for the Skulltula (I understand it's a throwback to the main Zelda games).

I really hated playing as the Pegasus (even though they're one of my favorite classes in the main games) and Mounted units. I really think they should have made Oboro a free character. Personally not a huge fan of the Fates characters, I understand why they were there and had a big focus but I tend to avoid playing them as much.