NEurope
Serebii

Ultra Street Fighter 2 - The Final Challengers (2017)

About the price, I think that is a placeholder. Bombermans too. They said for both that prices would be announced later. I'm actually quite looking forward to this. As long as the price is reasonable. Which it could easily not be.

I do like how they reverted back to the original artwork for the portraits, albeit HD-fied obviously. The art taken from thf GBA-version they used for the HD-remake wasn't all that. This feels more like the original. I do wonder what more they have up their sleeves... if at all.

I do like how they reverted back to the original artwork for the portraits, albeit HD-fied obviously. The art taken from thf GBA-version they used for the HD-remake wasn't all that. This feels more like the original. I do wonder what more they have up their sleeves... if at all.

If you watch the trailer you get a quick glimpse at the end at what looks like some kind of first-person mode.

If you watch the trailer you get a quick glimpse at the end at what looks like some kind of first-person mode.

Yes, I noticed.

large.jpg

Most peculiar. If it is a complete new mode (motion controlled hadokens?), it's a strange move to not atleast mention it, especially when you're getting hard times for the lack of content. On the other hand, it might be a glimpse of an intro movie. But if so, why make a background that has no relation to SFII? It's not something that appears in the classic SFII (Maybe it's more related to the Bison-stage in the GBA-version?), so why use in an intro movie at all?

A mere shot made for the trailer and further promotion? But the backgrounds seems too elaborate for just that. They'd have used something plainer for a blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot.

I also assume that's Bison. Looks a bit off, thugh, morelike a young chap dressed up as Bison.

Still, I'm not going to lie. I'm excited for this game. Again.:p

There is no firm release date as yet, which tell me it's probably still in development? Given the rather complete state the main game is, here's hoping for some juicy extra's! I've heard rumours about a story mode... Let's hope it's better than SFV's story.

Edited by Strange Cookie

I'm guess it's a first-person mode and it uses the motion controls. Ono said he wanted to make something similar to my guess back in the Wii days and now he has the perfect opportunity to do so.

It is a bit strange that they didn't mention this if it is indeed on the cards. The game doesn't launch until around Autumn, so there's plenty of time to showcase if there are other modes. Maybe at E3?

I'm guess it's a first-person mode and it uses the motion controls. Ono said he wanted to make something similar to my guess back in the Wii days and now he has the perfect opportunity to do so.

It is a bit strange that they didn't mention this if it is indeed on the cards. The game doesn't launch until around Autumn, so there's plenty of time to showcase if there are other modes. Maybe at E3?

Autumn, you say? I was expecting it a lot sooner. That's a lot of time to add a lot of things. :D

But truth be told: even is this is all there is to it, I'm game.

Yes, I'm easy. ;)

Sony funded some of SFIV, kinda like the Nintendo and Bayonetta 2 situation.

I believe you're talking about SFV. SFIV came out for pretty much every format on planet earth.

I believe you're talking about SFV. SFIV came out for pretty much every format on planet earth.

Yup. Got them mixed up. :woops:

The Switch really is an odd system for fighters if you dont have a pro controller or fight stick. I'm almost tempted to get this just to see how terribly it would control with the joycon's dpad alternatives.

The Switch really is an odd system for fighters if you dont have a pro controller or fight stick. I'm almost tempted to get this just to see how terribly it would control with the joycon's dpad alternatives.

Hori seem to be releasing a stick. There also seem to be more fighters coming for it.

Personally I'm not fond of the HD graphics.. Something about the new HD graphics and old artstyle clash for me. Moreover, I really can't stand the HD UI elements on top of the old sprites if you play the old version.

Most likely not getting this. I already have some version of SF2 on VC, and I'm not willing to pay a high price for this version. If this were an HD remake of SF3 however..

I wish they would revisit Alpha 3 for HD remakes.

True, but that would take a LOT of work!

Regarding my assumption that that's Bison you hadoken in the brief glimpse at yhe end of the trailer... It's actually a Shadaloo-soldier. Which makes it all the more mysterious.

You can see the slowed-down footage at the 11:45 mark.

So details of modes and stuff have been revealed. All the usual stuff. One mode which sounds cool is you can have it so when you play arcade mode on your own, people online can interrupt and challenge you to a fight. Sounds great. Hope you can set it so only friends can challenge you.

One mode which sounds cool is you can have it so when you play arcade mode on your own, people online can interrupt and challenge you to a fight. Sounds great. Hope you can set it so only friends can challenge you.

Yeah I think thats been in the last few Street Fighters. I tended to turn it off as it just got annoying.

Yeah I think thats been in the last few Street Fighters. I tended to turn it off as it just got annoying.

Ah really. Is it anyone then or can you limit it to friends only?

Ah really. Is it anyone then or can you limit it to friends only?

I only ever saw it with anyone being able to challenge you but it may have changed since then.

I only ever saw it with anyone being able to challenge you but it may have changed since then.

Hope so.can understand how annoying it would be if loads of randoms are challenging you all the time.

It's the 360/PS3 game with two new characters. If this is on sale for anything over £15 we are being ripped off.

If it really is £40 then this game will be a ghost town online

UMVC3 would have been better to be honest.

Edited by khilafah

I'm ready to order a fight stick once I know more fighters are coming.

Was hoping Tekken 7 and injustice 2 would of been confirmed by now.

More first person footage... how does this guy get all this!?

What do you mean? His videos seem to be just him watching other YouTube videos, which suggests that he doesn't get anything.

What do you mean? His videos seem to be just him watching other YouTube videos, which suggests that he doesn't get anything.

Or rather, how does he find these videos.

Or rather, how does he find these videos.

Loads of people on twitter link all these videos, he just takes them from that. This was released by capcom, it's a 3 hour presentation and this was a bit of it.