NEurope
Serebii

Sonic Mania - Can you feel the sunshine?

52 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Looking forward to these. Love the artstyle.

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

But will this come to Europe?

Yes, we're getting a Mega Drive version of the reversible cover.

• Thanks 1

Will definitely be buying again. 

So these two characters they're adding? They're not new, right? 

Where did they originate from though as I don't recall them from other games unless they featured in Sega Saturn games which I never played.  

13 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Will definitely be buying again. 

So these two characters they're adding? They're not new, right? 

Where did they originate from though as I don't recall them from other games unless they featured in Sega Saturn games which I never played.  

They're from an old arcade game called SegaSonic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SegaSonic_the_Hedgehog

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Oh cool, I didn't know that. I had thought Mighty was originally from Chaotix.

He was part of the Chaotix Crew in the comic series, he does look like he could easily come from Chaotix though.

Knuckles Chaotix is a game I wish Sega would re-release along with the arcade game somehow.

• Thanks 1

I can imagine a lot of people's minds getting blown by Ray and Mighty being older than Tails and Knuckles.

I mean, I knew Mighty was real old school, but I had no idea who Ray even was.

Think about it, why do you think Mighty wasn't in Team Chaotix for Sonic Heroes?

Edited by Glen-i

On 17-3-2018 at 5:21 PM, Glen-i said:

I can imagine a lot of people's minds getting blown by Ray and Mighty being older than Tails and Knuckles.

Not older than Tails I think, he first appeared in Sonic 2, which released in 1992 in Japan. SegaSonic came a year later. But still, they’re much older and less known than most people know.

I remember playing SegaSonic in the arcades once. You controlled it by spinning what looked like a white snooker ball that was sunken into the front of the arcade, You had to spin it in different directions to control your character. The game looked nice at the time but I found it pretty difficult to control, plus the skin on the hands kept getting caught in the gaps around the sphere.

16781-SegaSonic_The_Hedgehog_(Japan,_rev

On 3/17/2018 at 11:03 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

They also made a cheeky appearance in Sonic Generations. 

2020315-2011_11_05_00061.jpg

:cheeky:

I'm looking forward to this DLC, I loved playing through Sonic Mania so much last year.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

@S.C.G a cheeky update to the game has been pushed that has added/changed a bunch of stuff. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sonic-mania-updated-to-include-level-transitions-for-all-stages-other-new-touches.36814/

Edit: Ive just checked the Switch version and you can force the update on there. Not sure if it's the same update that Era is on about though.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So glad that they went back and added the missing transitions between certain stages.  It always felt so weird the some levels just lacked them entirely; it was the one thing that made the game feel unfinished!

• Thanks 1

So, Mighty can ground pound, while Ray can glide Super Mario World style. They're going to be fun additions.

22 minutes ago, Ike said:

Part 3 & Knuckles

That made me chuckle, like Knuckles... who would rather flex his muscles. (& Knuckles)

Knuckles & Knuckles Plus Knuckles

Sonic Mania Plus is out tomorrow, and SEGA published this awesome commercial in celebration of the launch:

Edited by MindFreak
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I've played Finger Guns though. It's pretty great actually.

Spoiler

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 1

Got my copy ordered, so I hope it drops tomorrow! The cover and artwork kinda are the things that sold me. :D Otherwise I would have probably gone digital but hey, this looks great.

Part 4 because I forgot to post it.

Part 5.

"All in One Edition"

Happy Mania Plus day!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've heard that the box for this is kinda trash, one of those annoying slip cases that's bigger than all your other games and yet doesn't neatly store the book...

I was thinking of double dipping to get a physical release and the extras, but having doubts based on this!

I got the physical version yesterday. And yes, it is a bigger outer cover with a bit of a strange construction to fit the artbook in it. But I like it. The outer cardboard is holographic, the artbook looks great and the actual game case is normal sized but has a cool flippable cover with a Mega Drive one on the other side. 

You can easily find pictures of it online to judge if you dislike it, otherwise I can post some pictures tonight.