NEurope
Serebii

Sonic Mania - Can you feel the sunshine?

ALL possible formats most likely, because I'm that much of a crazed Sonic fan. ;)

I'll be getting it on PC - I have the Street Fighter 360 Fight Pad which is perfect for Sonic games. 

I'll be Switch and PS4. I'm a whore for Sonic so will definitely want a copy for Switch for lunch breaks next week and PS4 for trophy goodness. 

Switch!! 

I absolutely adored the Megadrive games. They were the games of my childhood. I'm really looking forward to this :D

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

PC version has been delayed until the 29th August. Console versions still arriving on Tuesday.

Was that what that stream was for?

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Was that what that stream was for?

Yeah, it was announced during the stream. Those who have the PC version already preordered get Sonic 1 for free as compensation for the delay.

I have the special edition ordered with amazon for the Switch, sill wish it had a physical cart not just a download code

On 11/08/2017 at 5:09 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

PC version has been delayed until the 29th August. Console versions still arriving on Tuesday.

SEGA delaying a game to ensure quality!? We really have entered the Twilight Zone!

All the more signs that this game is gonna be the tits :D

Preloaded Sonic Mania on the PS4, 1 day 5 hours (and something) until it unlocks.  That includes the 3 themes too.  Probably taking my Vita to work on Tuesday, hook it to the internet and get more Sonic in during lunch.

Seriously excited for this :D I hope it captures some of the atmosphere of S3&K.

• Like 1

Knowing Nintendo, it'll probably be up on the eShop at 2PM in the afternoon, which isn't good enough, so I hope I'm wrong. :p

Either way I've got it pre-loaded on my PS4 ready to play at midnight, my Switch code should arrive tomorrow with the Collectors Edition, which could mean I end up playing the Switch version before it's finally released on the eShop as well because I believe pre-paid download codes work differently. :)

I really, really hope this is put up on the store sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ike said:

The Chemical Plant boss is too perfect.

Haha, I was "Fuck! I sucked at that demo!"

I managed to download the game and finish Green Hill Zone before setting off for work. Loving what i've played so far. I was scouring the stages for quite a bit but only managed to pick up 1 Chaos Emerald. Also, what are the tokens for that you get in the Sonic 3 type special stages? I nabbed a few of them ( think I exhausted the amount of times these stages appear as they stopped showing up for me ) but I have no idea what they do.

Looking forward to putting some more time into to it later today.

I was hoping to be able to download the game before my internet went down today before the switchover, no such luck unfortunately. Looking forward to playing it.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I managed to download the game and finish Green Hill Zone before setting off for work. Loving what i've played so far. I was scouring the stages for quite a bit but only managed to pick up 1 Chaos Emerald. Also, what are the tokens for that you get in the Sonic 3 type special stages? I nabbed a few of them ( think I exhausted the amount of times these stages appear as they stopped showing up for me ) but I have no idea what they do.

Looking forward to putting some more time into to it later today.

Not sure, they appear in the extras menu though. I figured you use them to unlock stuff?

Played until 1am, kept wanting to see what stages we're next. Managed to get 2 Chaos Emeralds, I knew I would suck at the special stages. The gaint rings are pretty hard to find, I only found 3. Didn't think playing Blue Sphere so late while tired would be a good idea.

Had a glitch in one of the new stages where the music stopped playing.

Feels good playing a good Sonic game, couldn't stop smiling during the intro.

• Like 1

What a great blast from the past this is so far! 

Not going for too many secrets in the first play through, just balls to the wall speed like I used to play on my Megadrive as a kid!

Great level design so far, the need for speed is real :D

• Like 1