NEurope
Serebii

Sonic Mania - Can you feel the sunshine?

I hope the game has cutscenes like that and it's not just for the trailer.

Sonic CD style cut scenes? oh christ what versions are getting physical? i need to pre-order this

Sonic CD style cut scenes? oh christ what versions are getting physical? i need to pre-order this

None. There's a collector's edition, but that still only included a code for the digital version.

None. There's a collector's edition, but that still only included a code for the digital version.

Do we know if the Switch is getting that version?

Hmm. They do always tend to rehash the same levels don't they. I know they're classics, but it'd be nice to see some love given to levels like lava reef, oil ocean zone and scrap brain.

They made a fantastic choice. Chemical Plant Zone is one of the very best worlds in the series and also probably the best "Level 2" in all of gaming history :D

That being said, I do hope that the majority of the game isn't past zones, I want new content from a new game.

Not long until the release of the game now. :bouncy:

I've been listening to the few tracks that they have been uploading to their Youtube channel. Even if the game turns out to be a dud ( can't see that happening ) at least the soundtrack looks to be pretty special.

What with revelations coming for PS4 and Xbox One this month too, August looks set to be one delicious month for my gaming tastes. 

So looking forward to this. 

Special stages look great, love the deliberately low poly models, I used to suck at the Sonic CD special stages. Those would suit the 3DS with proper 3D perfectly so you coulkd judge your jumps better.

Surprised to see the Blue Sphere returns as a normal bonus round stage,  hope the rewards are worth it. Interestingly they did one of the stages differently to how I used to do it. I have those stages pretty much commited to (muscle) memory at this point. 

The difference of quality between Mania and Forces is pretty staggering.

• Like 2

What platform are people buying this for? I probably won't get it to be honest, but interested to see how well it does and for each platform.

21 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

What platform are people buying this for? I probably won't get it to be honest, but interested to see how well it does and for each platform.

Switch. I'm hoping it pops on the store early doors and then I can download it before work and then play it on my break.

I was never a big Sonic kinda guy so I'll probably pick this up digitally eventually on a sale or so for PS4. Was watching that special stages etc vid the other day and it did get me kinda excited/nostalgic(espesh trying that sega classics emu thing for Sonic 1 on my phone) but looking at the money of it I'm not sure I'd pay that price for that content now - but I'll earmark half of it for some other indie title or DLC for something I like, then buy this on the cheap when I can!