NEurope
Serebii

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

Given I've already pumped about 120 hours into this game and I'm not really that close to finishing, starting a new game plus is about as appealing to me as taking a cheese grater to the face, but I can see how it will appeal to some.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I don't really see the point of a new game plus honestly. Once I get back to the game, I'll finish the remaining sidequests, and collect the final blades, and defeat those supermonsters, all in the same playthough. Unless the game features slightly altered story content to reflect all the weird additions, speaking of which,

spoiler (Hide contents)

getting to use the Torno blades / drivers makes no sense story-wise.

Spoiler

Neither did using the third Monado throughout the first game. That was always funny. Anyone who told Shulk that the Monado still had hidden power suddenly became a blatant liar.

Not to mention the end boss suddenly panicking at big massive blue light sword right at the end being a case "Oh, he finally noticed!"

It's just a bit of fun. For what it's worth, only the main Blades actually show up in any cutscenes with Torna.

I took a look at the Blade Album and the silhouette of the very last Blade looks SO like Zekrom, I'm just gonna end up disappointed when I do get it.

On 10/02/2018 at 9:24 AM, Glen-i said:

I took a look at the Blade Album and the silhouette of the very last Blade looks SO like Zekrom, I'm just gonna end up disappointed when I do get it.

Guess who just got that Blade? You know what? Close enough. It's kinda shaped like Zekrom, it's black, it's a Dragon, it shoots electricity, and holy nards, it's powerful! Oh, and it has a woman attached to it's chest. Which makes a nice change from all the chests attached to a woman.

• Haha 1

In my opinion one of the cooler ones, and one you get from a sidequest rather than a random core.

Haven't touched this game since beating it. I probably could try and grind for rare blades and max out affinity charts but I have a gaming blacklog that's an ongoing issue. The New Game Plus stuff sounds interesting.

Never thought of using Rex as a dedicated healer. I guess it makes sense and might actually be a better option that using Nia as a driver since Rex would gain access to all blades bonded to her normally. I'm not sure about Dromarch though, because you would have two Water Blades on Rex, but I suppose if you didn't have any other Rare Blades then it makes sense.

I had the two element issue on Nia myself, which got resolved after I decided to use an Overdrive Protocol to move Floren from Rex to Nia. Didn't need to upgrade my arts for said weapon because it was the same as Dahlia's meaning I had three healing Blades with team healing arts. Combined with KOS-MOS' level 2 special healing the entire party and I ended up with regular recovery by the time I hit the final boss.

16 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Haven't touched this game since beating it. I probably could try and grind for rare blades and max out affinity charts but I have a gaming blacklog that's an ongoing issue. The New Game Plus stuff sounds interesting.

Chapter 7 onwards (Reveal hidden contents)

Never thought of using Rex as a dedicated healer. I guess it makes sense and might actually be a better option that using Nia as a driver since Rex would gain access to all blades bonded to her normally. I'm not sure about Dromarch though, because you would have two Water Blades on Rex, but I suppose if you didn't have any other Rare Blades then it makes sense.

I had the two element issue on Nia myself, which got resolved after I decided to use an Overdrive Protocol to move Floren from Rex to Nia. Didn't need to upgrade my arts for said weapon because it was the same as Dahlia's meaning I had three healing Blades with team healing arts. Combined with KOS-MOS' level 2 special healing the entire party and I ended up with regular recovery by the time I hit the final boss.

Spoiler

Nia has a really handy skill that periodically heals everyone when she's at Max affinity. Combine that with the accessory that heals you whenever you score a critical hit, and you barely ever have to actually use the healing art. That accessory is so good at the end-all point, I've just got it on everyone now.

To be honest, I was only using Dromarch because I was really close to maxing out his affinity chart. Now that that's done, I'm rocking Pyra, Nia and Adenine.

Morag has Brighid, Aegaeon and Perceval while Zeke has Pandora, Zekrom and Dagas. I know I'm bunching up two Electrics on Zeke, but Zekky is so good, and I can't get rid of Pandy. (Not that she's bad)

Spoiler

I almost beat it last night. But I couldn't keep my Party Guage up (Stupid respawning giant mechs are more dangerous than the bloody boss itself) and when I had it down to one tenth of it's health, he decides "Oh wait, I've got this Prometheus move, I should try that"

Thus resulting in my entire party taking over 25,000 damage... I called it a night after that.

It's so weird to have a proper Game Over in a Xenoblade game though. Super creepy. Kinda like what Wario Land 3 did.

Oh, and I totally called the Architect being Zanza. Didn't expect it to happen at the same time as Xenoblade 1 though, that was cool. That line from Shulk gave me chills. Adam Howden doing amazing voice acting, like always.

One more Rare Blade to get!

Spoiler

KOS-MOS!

Just Perun left to get now.

I opened 9 Legendary Cores this morning and got bugger all, first Rare Core I opened she popped up! Haha

On 12/02/2018 at 10:23 AM, Kav said:

One more Rare Blade to get!

I got (Reveal hidden contents)

KOS-MOS!

Just Perun left to get now.

I opened 9 Legendary Cores this morning and got bugger all, first Rare Core I opened she popped up! Haha

You're so close! Well, until New Game Plus drops and you have to get all those extra ones...

Anyway, I'm done. Beat the final Boss.

Spoiler

Mythra's sacrifice was all well and emotional, but once she gave Rex her core crystal, I immediately thought, "Hold up, what's stopping you from just waiting until it reactivates?"

Lo and behold, that's just what happens. It would have been a nice surprise if that didn't already happen with every Blade anyway. Why was everyone upset?

Anyway, apart from that, good ending. Smacked the final boss with a 3 million damage chain attack halfway through the second phase. That'll teach him for using one hit kill moves.

The gameplay is better than Xenoblade, once I got used to not being able to move around all the time, but the plot is weaker overall. Now I'm gonna compare characters between the two games, just because.

Shulk is better than Rex. Mostly because his voice is just better. And he can angry shout. Rex just can't.

Nia is better than Sharla. Sharla has her moments, but I could listen to Nia's Welsh accent all day.

Riki beats Tora easily. Riki's likable. Tora's a creepy pervert.

I honestly can't choose between Dunban and Morag. They're both great. Morag is easily the best serious character in the game. Why couldn't she be the main character? I'd play that game.

Most importantly, Zeke or Reyn? That's an impossible choice. They're both the real stars of their respective games. And they're both incredibly funny in completely different ways. If Xenoblade 3 was just a two man game with those two as the only playable characters, I'd buy that tenfold!

Right, enough rambling, once New Game Plus drops, I'll probably play through it again. Try and do all the quests and get every Blade this time.

• Like 1

Finished chapter 6 yesterday. The final fight there was too easy, was way overlevelled. Guess I should stop doing side-quests and level up at inns for at while... Chapter 7 is going to be interesting.

Patch has been delayed until next month.

Monolith Soft recently announced a massive update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Among other things, version 1.3.0 is introducing a New Game Plus mode.

The expectation was that the new update would drop this week – and likely tonight. Unfortunately, it’s seeing a last-minute delay. Bugs have pushed the patch back to March 2.

15 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

That's a pretty big last minute delay! The bugs must've been pretty bad...

Didn't stop them from pushing the game out before 2018 rolled around.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

I'm constantly stopped in my Blade side-quests because the final enemy of the side-quest is too hard, even though I should be overleveled.

Spoiler

So... for Wulfric I suddenly have to take out three Gogol (gorillas) about level 53 - I'm level 56-ish so it's fine that it's hard but this is just brutal. They OHKO me all the time and focussing on the minions doesn't work. So I've given up and return to it later on. It's a shame because I want Wulfric's third or fourth level affinity chart to be unlocked.

Now I'm doing Perun's quest, Eternal Spirits. And well, in the end I have to fight 6 enemies - three soldiers, two flying sentries and a giant animal. All level 53-ish. There are just too many for me at that point. 

It's just a bit frustrating, that's all. Having side-quests that I can't complete because of the final bit being too difficult at the moment.

Succeeded the fight this morning by changing my party a bit. Now I've progressed the story in Chapter 7 and all is good. Just had a wonderful twist to the story and characters, and saw a nice cutscene.

I've just bought the game, it should be here tomorrow (with FIFA).

Btw. Have they improved the performance in handheld mode?

Edited by Kounan

14 hours ago, Kounan said:

I've just bought the game, it should be here tomorrow (with FIFA).

Btw. Have they improved the performance in handheld mode?

I'm playing mostly in handheld but I haven't noticed any improvements - however, I don't think it was so bad to begin with, a few framerate drops when things get hectic but nothing major or game breaking. Nothing you'll notice once you've started playing for real at least.

I'm playing mostly in handheld but I haven't noticed any improvements - however, I don't think it was so bad to begin with, a few framerate drops when things get hectic but nothing major or game breaking. Nothing you'll notice once you've started playing for real at least.
Thx :).

And my family has arrived, but all the luggage was left at the airport (starting point), all the passengers will get the luggage tommorow. I can't believe it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No I see the resolution "problem" in handheld mode, it looks a bit like Xenoblade on Wii U, with bwtter colours and it's a bit sharper.

But for me it's not a problem, as I am used to it because of the first Xenoblade and the Wii U gamepad, the letters are big enough, the colours are good (I do see why some people don't like it).

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I've played this game mostly in handheld mode, and I don't really think that much over the lower resolution. Sure, it's really obvious when you're initiating a group attack, but other than that, the good to read-text and ability to adjust the zoom on the camera makes it a non-issue.

I'd rather have the fluid gameplay we have now, rather than higher resolution and 15 fps.

• Like 1

Started Chapter 8 yesterday. Felt like I needed to rush chapter 7 because it severely hurt my chances of clearing side-quests.

Just now, MindFreak said:

Started Chapter 8 yesterday. Felt like I needed to rush chapter 7 because it severely hurt my chances of clearing side-quests.

Funny, if anything, I didn't want Chapter 7 to end.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Funny, if anything, I didn't want Chapter 7 to end.

Agreed, it was a good chapter, really good. I don't know if they can surpass it later on.