NEurope
Serebii

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

These adverts got me more hyped than anything i've seen in any of the Directs. I'm really looking forward to the game now that I know I won't have to put up with what looks to be an awful English dub

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Preview impressions dropped yesterday and everything is sounding pretty positive. I only watched the Nintendolife preview ( having to put up with Alex was a toughie :D ) due to a lot of other previews having spoilers in them. Apparently the Nintendo World Report preview has a bunch of them in so be warned.

Some music from the game has been found by people. The battle theme and boss battle themes are fantastic.

This one is just beautiful.

• Thanks 1

I’ve not read any but I have heard the previews have been good!

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Some music from the game has been found by people. The battle theme and boss battle themes are fantastic.

This one is just beautiful.

I think the music for this game is a selling point in itself, it’s crazily well done.

Honestly, I think what people have found so far is just the tip of the iceberg. I mean, this is composed by Yasunori Mitsuda (who’s first video game work was on none other than Chrono Trigger), and he’s stated in interviews that simply hearing pieces from the composition has brought him to tears on occasion. 

From everything we’ve heard, I’m as interested in the soundtrack as I am the game! :D

25 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

I think the music for this game is a selling point in itself, it’s crazily well done.

Honestly, I think what people have found so far is just the tip of the iceberg. I mean, this is composed by Yasunori Mitsuda (who’s first video game work was on none other than Chrono Trigger), and he’s stated in interviews that simply hearing pieces from the composition has brought him to tears on occasion. 

From everything we’ve heard, I’m as interested in the soundtrack as I am the game! :D

Haha.. the music is one of the main things luring me towards getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for Christmas :grin:

The first game was one I never really thought I would enjoy. The battle system was a hurdle, as was the expected length of the game. I honestly thought I was done with it after about 10 hours, never to return due to what seemed like an impossible boss.

I returned in 2015 with a determination to really have a go at it and boy did it suck me in, especially when the song 'Engage the Enemy' kicked in during a cutscene. I was so pumped to go after the Mechon and an early trailer for this brought back great memories of one of my most cherished Wii experiences :love:

It was a struggle at many times, I'm not going to lie, but it absorbed me for weeks. Usually, story has holds little weight for me with most games but I definitely got invested in Xenoblade Chronicles and it's characters.

I'm not sure the latest cast of characters can really match the original but I love the thought of going on adventure on top of huge titans :smile: Bionis v Mechonis was such a great idea!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I only watched the Nintendolife preview ( having to put up with Alex was a toughie :D)

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!

35 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!

When he mentions lovely people, he clearly doesn't mean you two meanies :heh:

• Like 1

Not quite sure where this fits in a JRPG, but sounds fantastic nonetheless!

Few more days!

Came in from work and found the game had been posted through the letterbox.

DPuy8znWAAEKxxN.jpg

Simply Games does it again.

I've put an hour into it but there's nothing too exciting happened yet. There's been a fair few tutorials though and i'm hoping they start dying down a bit. The day 1 patch isn't up yet so i'm having to put up with the English voice acting. There's been quite a range of dialects that i've heard. So far i've come across English, Welsh and Scottish.

*gets back to playing*

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Came in from work and found the game had been posted through the letterbox.

DPuy8znWAAEKxxN.jpg

Simply Games does it again.

I've put an hour into it but there's nothing too exciting happened yet. There's been a fair few tutorials though and i'm hoping they start dying down a bit. The day 1 patch isn't up yet so i'm having to put up with the English voice acting. There's been quite a range of dialects that i've heard. So far i've come across English, Welsh and Scottish.

*gets back to playing*

Would be interested to hear how good you think the game is as you progress, as this could potentially be my Christmas game.

I've put a few hours into it now and here are a few thoughts.

I love the visual style. I was never big on the way Xenoblade looked and I detested how the characters looked in X. The anime style is much more to my liking.

The game looks lovely on the TV but it's pretty rough looking on the  Switch screen. The game looks to have taken a big resolution hit when playing undocked.

I love cutscenes in games and this  hasn't disappointed. This may annoy some but the game has been very cutscenes heavy so far. Personally I love it as it's setting the story up nicely. Fans of anime should really like what's on show here as there has already been some OTT, action heavy cutscenes, complete with some hype inducing music.

Im actually quite glad that the day 1 patch isn't available yet as I'm quite liking some of the English voice acting that's on offer. Rex is a bit annoying but I love the voices of Pyra and Nia. Nia especially had me laughing when after a battle she said "I'm knackered!" in her Welsh accent. :D

I've been quite surprised to see that there's swearing in the game. No F bombs but there have been a few swear words been said by various characters.

Despite being a few hours into the game, the game is still dropping tutorials on me. There is a CRAZY amount of stuff to get your head around. If you've played the other games them some of this stuff you will probably pick up quite quickly.

I'm currently level 9 and about to head into the next area...

• Thanks 5

I'm unsure of what to do. I played for Xenoblade Chronicles for 80+ hours but then had to send my Wii U to Nintendo for repairs. They deleted all of my saves. 

I was so annoyed. I don't know whether:

1. To play Xenoblade on the Wii again for the purposes of the story

2. Buy the 3DS version (this would be far more convenient)

3. Watch some clips on youtube for the story and buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

You don't need to worry about needing to play the first game. It appears to be like Final Fantasy, in that you get nods to the other games ( such as enemies and character names ) but the actual stories are completely separate.

• Thanks 1

@Hero-of-Time what do you make of it undocked? This is going to be how I play the majority of the game I think... I’d rather play on the TV of course, but when the hell does anyone with a family have time?! Haha

6 minutes ago, Kav said:

@Hero-of-Time what do you make of it undocked? This is going to be how I play the majority of the game I think... I’d rather play on the TV of course, but when the hell does anyone with a family have time?! Haha

You're playing the vasoline screen version of Doom, right? I think you'll be alright. :p 

• Haha 2

I mentioned this over on Era, it appears the in game clock doesn't stop when you have the Switch in sleep mode. I put 4 hours into the game yesterday evening and then fired it up tonight to find the clock saying I'd been playing for over 20 hours. If you don't want this to happen you will have to close the game down after saving the game.

51 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I mentioned this over on Era, it appears the in game clock doesn't stop when you have the Switch in sleep mode. I put 4 hours into the game yesterday evening and then fired it up tonight to find the clock saying I'd been playing for over 20 hours. If you don't want this to happen you will have to close the game down after saving the game.

How bizzarre. I wonder why it does that.

Patch is up that adds an event viewer on the title screen which allows you to rewatch cutscenes.

I'm not back at work until next Wednesday. I'm gonna play the hell out of this over the next few days. :D 

I cracked on with it this morning and I'm still getting tutorials pop up, despite being close to 8-9 hours into the game.

Ah, that clock thing will certainly strike a nerve with me. Can't take such things! However, an update is out already which solves various bugs, hopefully this is one of them.

Also, just preloaded the game so it's ready for the weekend. :D

10 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Ah, that clock thing will certainly strike a nerve with me. Can't take such things! However, an update is out already which solves various bugs, hopefully this is one of them.

Also, just preloaded the game so it's ready for the weekend. :D

I'll leave it in sleep mode while I make some breakkie and see if the patch has fixed it.