NEurope
Serebii

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

1 minute ago, ArtMediocre said:

Not really sold on the english voice acting though.. I thought the whole presentation during yesterdays direct was dull, and that small titan which did the narrative.... it was just bland. 

For me, the whole thing was easily the worst part of the Direct. It dragged on far too long and stalled the whole show. As I mentioned last night, I don't think the game has had a good showing at any event it's been at. 

With it coming out this year, I really hope they have time to sort out the performance issues the game was having during the recent preview events. 

Same day as my work's Xmas Party... so I'll not be going to my work's Xmas Party then! :grin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kav said:

Same day as my work's Xmas Party... so I'll not be going to my work's Xmas Party then! :grin:

You can take your Switch with you, along with various multiplayer games ;).

• Like 1

I haven't watched the video yet but I'm slightly disheartened to hear that people aren't impressed with what they've seen. I do think the original Xenoblade Chronicles was amazing (probably one of the best RPGs I've played) and I was quite miffed by XCX, which I felt had very little of what made the original game great. I'm hoping that this shapes up to be more like the first game!

19 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

You can take your Switch with you, along with various multiplayer games ;).

I honestly can't think of any one single person other than myself who'd fancy even giving it a go! Haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kav said:

I honestly can't think of any one single person other than myself who'd fancy even giving it a go! Haha

I haven't been to a typical office Christmas party in a long time, nor do I know what yours will look like, but I can imagine games like the Jackbox party being a laugh. On the other hand, I don't know if I'd want my Switch anywhere near the drunks on such a party, so maybe it's better to stay at home ;).

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure what to make of this yet. They really haven't presented it in a gripping way and not 100% on the new battle system. I only played the original on 3DS, which I reviewed for this site, and loved it. I was hooked and put close to 100 hours into it. It was grindy in parts, but the world was so charming and I was invested in the story, so kept on playing.

X I really didn't get into. It had the same battle system, and vague similarities, but the world, story and mission structure was so bland. There was no personality. I gave up on it not long after you get your mech. 

I really hope this turns out good, because this and Mario Odyssey are going to be the games that make me pull the trigger on purchasing a Switch this winter.

43 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Incoming Direct.

This could be the thing that pushes me into getting the game for Christmas :grin:

Is it possible that they'll give us more details on the next Zelda DLC in this? The Amiibo are out on Friday so you'd think the DLC will be on the way pretty soon. As far as Xenoblade goes I don't really need to see anymore, the last direct had a pretty deep dive into the battle system and gave a lot of background to the world, I'm just concerned about finishing the first one before this comes out. I had been going well with it but Odyssey has put a halt to that.

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

Is it possible that they'll give us more details on the next Zelda DLC in this? The Amiibo are out on Friday so you'd think the DLC will be on the way pretty soon. As far as Xenoblade goes I don't really need to see anymore, the last direct had a pretty deep dive into the battle system and gave a lot of background to the world, I'm just concerned about finishing the first one before this comes out. I had been going well with it but Odyssey has put a halt to that.

Doubt very much they would talk about another game in a focused Direct like this.

I think a Zelda trailer out of the blue is the most likely. If the DLC doesn't launch on the same day as the amiibo release, then I think they might reveal it at the Game Awards at the beginning of December. They've had two BOTW exclusives so far over the years so maybe this will be a third.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

Dual audio is a nice offering, especially as the English voice work seemed to be pretty poor. Not happy that a season pass is already being shoved down our throats but I guess that's the industry we live in now.

screenshot2017-11-07a60kox.png

The price is VERY steep, as well.

The free Zelda DLC was a nice surprise, though.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

Totally sold on the game, looks great. Also disappointed that they shoved the expansion pass down our throats, I'll probably buy the DLC at some point but not until much closer to the release of the additional story content. 

I don't think I'll get the game on launch day, might ask for it for Xmas from my parents, as I have too many other games to get through first but I plan on spending a lot of time in Alrest once my slate is a bit clearer.

Looking forward to catching up on this direct later, though I've seen a few bits like the DLC and Zelda crossover as well.

Not sure there is enough time for both this and Skyrim and I'm very much in the mood for a story driven game; decisions decisions!

I just got home. I have already pre-ordered the game.. Is there any reason to watch the Direct?

Well, it looks (and no doubt will sound :heh:) a lot better than Xenoblade Chronicles X, but yeah... that game did a lot to put me off the franchise :shakehead (and the RPG genre in general) so I’ll be giving this a miss. 

Pretty cool how it’s definitely coming out this year though, the Switch release schedule is on fire! :cool: Cannot wait to see what 2018’s lineup is going to be like.

I just got home. I have already pre-ordered the game.. Is there any reason to watch the Direct?
I guess to find out whether it's like the second game or not (and therefore whether really worth a preorder).

Just now, Sheikah said:
59 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I guess to find out whether it's like the second game or not (and therefore whether really worth a preorder).

I've played neither the first nor X. I'm just going to watch it and find out.

The digital + season pass bundle is a bit naff, there's no discount versus buying separately.

Having new quests and brand new story content separate makes me hopeful that this is an expansion-esque download to backup that steep price.  Not hopeful enough that I'm going to blindly buy it though.

I had got the Collector's Edition pre-ordered but I think I'm going to just cancel that and buy the standard.

Ah, hmm. I didn't really care for the battle mechanics explanation, that's something I'll learn in-game over time. Also, those rare blades.. I've seen artwork from a couple, but I personally think some of them don't fit within the game's overall artstyle. Don't ge me wrong, I love Shunya Yamashita's art, it just looks weird with the other characters. Other than that.. It looks massive. I'm hyped, and can't wait. Well no, I can wait, I'm getting LA Noire as well, and I may get Doom and perhaps some indies as well. I demand a drought.

That Zelda dlc though, that was a surprise! It looks horrible on Link, but it's a great promotion for the game.

Finally just caught up with the Direct.  About time the game got a good trailer! That was MUCH better than previous ones!

Finally starting to feel some hype :D I’m even warming up to the art style change a bit (though I still prefer the look of XB1 and XBX).

I still get the feeling that it won’t match the heights of the original, but then again, those heights are as lofty as it gets in the world of RPGs, so that’s absolutely fine.  It just looks like a really good, solid entry in the series.  And the music is SUPERB! Brings joy to my ears to hear ACE back at the helm!

I do agree that the Direct probably goes too in-depth into the nitty gritty of the battle system though.  I would have liked to see more of a focus on the world itself, but it was still pretty good overall.

Now I just need to wait...

I'll wait for the reviews to come in. I was excited for the game when it was announced, but the last two directs really put me off. This Xenoblade direct was a step in the right direction, and I am looking forward to the game once more. But I want to see what you and the critics say about it first.