NEurope
Serebii

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

The game that got me most excited in today's event. I'm calling 2019 for this to release in the West, though.

The game that got me most excited in today's event. I'm calling 2019 for this to release in the West, though.

US press site says 2017

I like how the title implies that Xenoblade Chronicles X never happened.

Thank Bionis that they bought ACE back for the soundtrack! Maybe it won't be totally awful now!

Not quite sure how they're going to handle a sequel. The original game had such an amazing ending, quite possibly one of the happiest endings I've ever seen in a video game.

I do appreciate them going back to this type of design though. I can appreciate X was a game that they really wanted to make, but it's a game I bought back in 2015 and I'm still only halfway through it having stopped playing every now and again. There are a few too many problems for my liking on that game.

Here's hoping XC2 goes back to what made the original the game it was, XCX was way too complicated where XC1 with the same kind of battle system made everything so much easier to understand.

Hopefully this game will have a good plot and characterisation and not feel too much like a rehash of the original game. Considering this is Monolith then they are probably going to come up with some new kind of twist, especially with some of the twists that got thrown up during XCX from the half of the game I played such as:

Your character is actually a robot

Having only played Xenoblade Chronicles X, this reveal left me kinda baffled.

Where's all the sci-fi stuff? And what's with the art style? It looks like a generic JRPG now.

Having only played Xenoblade Chronicles X, this reveal left me kinda baffled.

Where's all the sci-fi stuff? And what's with the art style? It looks like a generic JRPG now.

You really should play the original Xenoblade, then you'll understand why this game went in this direction.

This is looking more like the sequel most Xenoblade fans wanted in the first place.

I do agree with the more anime art style, it's a strange turn, but at least their faces look more normal now.

HDKirin

‏@HDKirin

Red-haired girl in Xenoblade 2 trailer is the Monado.

The fucking schtick this time is your Monado is a full-fledged anime girl. God damn.

Master, there is an 80% chance that this premise is totally ripping off Skyward Sword.

Also, your battery is running low.

• Like 1

Trailer and some of the music that was recently released. Soundtracks I've heard so far are pretty great so far, great to have ACE back on board.

I love how the 'Epic Battle Theme' seems to feature a little segment of 'Engage the Enemy', my favourite track from the original Xenoblade Chronicles :love:

I got goosebumps during the Nintendo Spotlight because of this and turned my disinterest in Xenoblade Chroncles 2 into desire :grin:

Needs a bit of polish...

Edited by Kav

On the plus side, I can at least read the damn UI!

X was hilariously hard to read, especially on the Gamepad.

13 minutes ago, Kav said:
Needs a bit of polish...

Yeah, it looked jittery when I was watching the stream but I thought it was just the stream itself. Still, there's plenty of time to fix it, I mean it's not coming until next year. :p

• Like 2

Yeah I'm probably getting that. The pro controller could be a candidate if I need a second one, though I probably won't.

Not really sold on the english voice acting though.. I thought the whole presentation during yesterdays direct was dull, and that small titan which did the narrative.... it was just bland.