NEurope
Serebii

Super Bomberman R

I spent a bit of time on this yesterday. I completed the first world and then spent the rest of my time just playing online with randoms. The matchmaking could do with a bit of an overhaul. I kept getting matched with players who were God tier rank. :D

Some of the players I played with were doing my head in. You had a guy who was going to win the game if he won that round, yet the people who were skating around the outside of the map, looking to find a kill to get back into the match, were targeting other people. Get the guy who is gonna, win you fools! :nono:

I had a match or two where the lag was terrible. It must have been due to a single player having a bad connection because once he left the game was fine.

I'm looking forward to playing some more of this today.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it and that you finally bought a Switch! :D

Suddenly there's now Bomberman, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart to play as multiplayer options all because of one epic weekend of releases! : peace: (well two games, but still)

If you want to play multiplayer later or if anyone else would like to as well then please let me know, I was only able to play slightly laggy multiplayer last weekend - and that's WITH the good connection only setting - yet I still won a few matches ;) but it would be nice to play with the N-E community and hopefully some more stable connections. :smile:

Let me know either way as I'm sure that it would be...

(•_•) /

( •_•)>⌐■-■ /

(⌐■_■)

...a blast! :cool:

YYEEAAHH!

If I'm honest, I can't see me playing with people on here. With the lack of proper lobby system/private matches it seemed like a right pain for you guys to set up a match. Not to mention that I'd have to be on the forum at the right place and right time to see if anyone was playing.

Hopefully when Nintendo launches their paid online service stuff like this will be easier to setup but as it stands I can just see me playing with randoms.

If I'm honest, I can't see me playing with people on here. With the lack of proper lobby system/private matches it seemed like a right pain for you guys to set up a match. Not to mention that I'd have to be on the forum at the right place and right time to see if anyone was playing.

Hopefully when Nintendo launches their paid online service stuff like this will be easier to setup but as it stands I can just see me playing with randoms.

A very fair point.

Oh well, at least you can enjoy local multiplayer as well as online. :D

Sometimes games like Bomberman are at their very best when you get a few people together, especially as all the action is on one playing field.

Often my brothers and I have just played with two of us plus bots which is still fun but I think the game will shine even more as the extra dlc gets released. :grin:

I've just finished the story mode of the game. Great stuff. It's a true return to form for Bomberman. None of that Bomberman Zero stuff is seen here. :nono:

The game just reminded me of the SNES era Konami, what with its colourful graphics, Saturday morning cartoon style story and simple gameplay. My only criticism is that the boss fights go on for way too long.

Some of the music tracks in the game were amazing but my favourite of the bunch was the credits music. I love me some J-Pop. :D

Time to grind for some currency so I can unlock the extra characters and outfits.

Konami have announced a  Grand Prix mode, a new rule called Crystal and new characters from Zone of the Enders and Rumble Rose are coming to this game:

80MZfX5.jpg

6YqvTqU.jpg

6BLdM30.jpg

DKODMHEVwAEJ4tP.jpg:large

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

Yeah, I just wish the price to unlock all the characters and stages wasn't so high; it's insane how much you need to unlock even one level...

3 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Yeah, I just wish the price to unlock all the characters and stages wasn't so high; it's insane how much you need to unlock even one level...

You do know you can farm currency stupidly quick after the last update, right? 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You do know you can farm currency stupidly quick after the last update, right? 

Erm, no, how?! Great though as I want to unlock everything but not play single player a hundred times.

10 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Erm, no, how?! Great though as I want to unlock everything but not play single player a hundred times.

Pick a local 2 player match, 1 round, using Power Zone as your stage and Vic Viper as your character as it can fly fast towards your opponent. Simply bomb the other player, start match again and rinse and repeat. Easy coins. You will have to unlock the Power Zone stage if you haven't already, so just grind coins using this method but on another stage until you can afford Power Zone.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Pick a local 2 player match, 1 round, using Power Zone as your stage and Vic Viper as your character as it can fly fast towards your opponent. Simply bomb the other player, start match again and rinse and repeat. Easy coins. You will have to unlock the Power Zone stage if you haven't already, so just grind coins using this method but on another stage until you can afford Power Zone.

Fair enough, hope it is quick. They should just give us the stages for free though and have costumes and characters as unlocks. Seems weird to lock out so much of the multiplayer stuff.

Another big update to the game has just been released.

EL SEGUNDO, CALIF. – November 14, 2017 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced today a new update for SUPER BOMBERMAN R that includes a free 3-vs-3 game mode, as well as a stock of new characters. 

Designed specifically for future eSports initiatives, the new Grand Prix mode is a team versus mode that pits two teams of up to 3 players each to battle it out in different arena stages using new characters with special abilities. The Grand Prix mode includes several matches: 

"Crystal" Match – two teams compete to earn points by collecting crystals. Watch out for bombs! If you’re blown away you lose half of your crystals. The team with the most points at the end of the round wins. 
“Basic Bomber” Match -- two teams compete against each other using standard Bomberman rules. Each team begins with a set number of lives. To win, take out your opponents to earn the most points before the time runs out. 

The new update also introduces 9 new characters, a new world – World 7 – to the story mode, as well as a variety of other new stages and accessories. 

SUPER BOMBERMAN R launched globally in March 2017 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch™, marking a fitting return for the beloved multiplayer series. All key Bomberman elements return for the new title as players guide their Bomberman around maze-like areas using timed bombs to open walkways and take out opponents within timed sessions. In SUPER BOMBERMAN R, up to eight players can compete locally or online in the competitive ‘Battle’ mode, or up to two players can work cooperatively in ‘Story’ mode to clear stages in order to save the galaxy.

About time they put this guy in the game...

I4BSQD7l.png

Also loving that they've put Jehuty in the game, as well.

wJUZEAo.png

6eejyOB.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can fault Konami for many things, but their post release support of this game certainly isn’t one of them.

Good show!

Indeed. They've done a stellar job in support the game post release. I'm honestly surprised they didn't try and charge for these extra characters and game modes. It's very refreshing! :D 

I wasn't expecting all the free updates. Almost makes me want to buy this, despite knowing the game doesn't have a long lasting appeal for me personally.

A new update with new characters and stages has been released on all platforms.

DgqNz76WkAUsvc3.jpg:large

DgqN7zmXUAAKAd2.jpg:large

DgqOBmXXkAADgDY.jpg:large

DgqOGlzW0AAow3p.jpg:large

DgqO75vUEAAQSdf.jpg:large

DgqO860VAAAZ_OC.jpg:large

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

DgqNz76WkAUsvc3.jpg:large

Are Konami finally admitting Kiether Sutherland was a mistake?

• Like 1