NEurope
Serebii

Super Bomberman R

Do we fancy giving it another go now the patch has come out?

I'm up for it tomorrow. @Dcubed won't be able to though. So it'll just be me and anyone else who wants to join in.

Do we fancy giving it another go now the patch has come out?

I'll be up for it!!

Guys? @david\.dakota @S\.C\.G @Serebii

8pm for me, play for half an hour or so.

Okay, so who's setting up a room? Remember if we're not all there bang on at 8 it'll start when the first two are; I guess just keep checking for matches; as long as we do first to 2 it shouldn't be so bad; we could even do first to 1 until all 4 people are there!

So who else is in?

Those of you who have this, is the general consensus not to bother?

Reading this thread it sounds like setting up an online game is similar to Wii Sports Club and I have painful memories of that.

Those of you who have this, is the general consensus not to bother?

Reading this thread it sounds like setting up an online game is similar to Wii Sports Club and I have painful memories of that.

It's basically launch fodder, and really overpriced at that. The kind of game you would pay less than £10 for off an eShop as it's more or less a rehashed concept with a low budget.

Played this for maybe an hour or so a few weeks ago. It's nothing to write home about.

dlcsuperbombermanr27lzd.png

Announced in this video below at 51:09 (apparently the DLC is free!)

Nice :)

I'm still thinking about buying it. Waiting for the retail release, which for some reason isn't due in my local stores until april 21th.

Still on the fence, though. It seems harmless (if pricey?) fun and there isn't exactly a flood of Switch-games. Still, if enough people here are up to multiplayer, I'm game.

I'm still thinking about buying it. Waiting for the retail release, which for some reason isn't due in my local stores until april 21th.

Still on the fence, though. It seems harmless (if pricey?) fun and there isn't exactly a flood of Switch-games. Still, if enough people here are up to multiplayer, I'm game.

Multiplayer isn't great to be honest, you get input lag which makes being accurate really difficult and results in cheap deaths, if they fix it by retail release I'd be willing to play when possible.

A patch rolled out for this overnight, seems it bumps the framerate up to 60fps among other things:

Ver.1.3 Update Notice

・Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).

・Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).

・The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.

・Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.

(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)

・Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.

・You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.

・The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.

・The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.

・Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.

・If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.

・Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.

・Fixed other various small bugs.

They also announced some extra characters on famitsu:

pZiRX1f.jpgJuj4iGR.jpg7Fqfn1D.jpg

That really is a great update. Will have to finally finish this off some time. I'm on the last world so won't take me too long hopefully!

Wow! This update is crazy! Game now runs at a solid 60FPS in mulitplayer too!

Huge improvements all round! :D

Now what we really need is the ability to adjust item distribution and for them to add new items and bomb types (why on earth do Spike Bombs only appear in story mode and not in multiplayer anyway!?)

The Digital Foundry take...

[tweet]856865937932390401[/tweet]

60fps but now 720p when docked, 540p handheld. I'd take this over 1080/720 but 30fps.

I don't think it's quite at the price I'd purchase just yet but maybe down the line when cheap.

Edited by Kav

Given the game's camera angle, you barely notice the resolution drop at all. It's absolutely the right decision to make.

Kinda shows that Unity doesn't run all that well on Switch though... At least in its current state.

I finally got me a copy, and I am very, very pleasantly surprised. It's way more fun than I thought it has any right te be. I must admit I somehow missed Bomberman of NES, SNES, Saturn and so forth, so I'm something of aa Bomber-virgin.

I can already tell there will be epic multipayer battles in times to come. Oh, yes, there will be. : D

500k shipped in March. Pretty good numbers for what was considered a dead IP.

You can't help but think that other 3rd parties have left money on the table not being on Switch at launch. I think Capcom could have made a killing if they had held off releasing MHXX on the 3DS and instead put it in the Switch, ready for launch.

You can't help but think that other 3rd parties have left money on the table not being on Switch at launch. I think Capcom could have made a killing if they had held off releasing MHXX on the 3DS and instead put it in the Switch, ready for launch.

Unbelievable. I thought it would bomb at full price. Konami have made a killing.

Don't be surprised by Capcom. They make decisions all the time.

Agreee. Huge mistake. It would probably have sold more than the 3DS version in the long run (not right away, obviously, but over time) and not have left a mark on the brand like the 3DS version has (one dip in the well too many).

At least Capcom have said that they intend on bringing their multiplatform titles to Switch. Hopefully we'll also get some belated ports before long from them too, plenty of games from them that I'd love to have in portable form...

At least Capcom have said that they intend on bringing their multiplatform titles to Switch. Hopefully we'll also get some belated ports before long from them too, plenty of games from them that I'd love to have in portable form...

Time to buy the Resident Evil games again for the 100th time.

Given their output in recent times, i'm struggling to even think of any decent games from them that would be worth a port.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
G

Agreee. Huge mistake. It would probably have sold more than the 3DS version in the long run (not right away, obviously, but over time) and not have left a mark on the brand like the 3DS version has (one dip in the well too many).

Should be releasing marvel v Capcom as well. I don't understand, they released SF4 on 3DS which sold well.

I spent a bit of time on this yesterday. I completed the first world and then spent the rest of my time just playing online with randoms. The matchmaking could do with a bit of an overhaul. I kept getting matched with players who were God tier rank. :D

Some of the players I played with were doing my head in. You had a guy who was going to win the game if he won that round, yet the people who were skating around the outside of the map, looking to find a kill to get back into the match, were targeting other people. Get the guy who is gonna, win you fools! :nono:

I had a match or two where the lag was terrible. It must have been due to a single player having a bad connection because once he left the game was fine.

I'm looking forward to playing some more of this today.