NEurope
Serebii

Super Bomberman R

Reviews have started to come out now. The general opinion is that it's more than a solid entry for the series but the price is the biggest sticking point. Had this been an eShop launch game then I feel the reception would be a lot better.

I think Ultra Street Fighter 2 is going to suffer the same fate.

SFII is $39.99 in the US though, so it's not as expensive as Bomberman - is it?

SFII is $39.99 in the US though, so it's not as expensive as Bomberman - is it?

No but's still seen as too expensive for what it is.

So I really should give this a try now I have it.

But I just cannot get off Zelda!!

Anyone had a play yet?!

So I really should give this a try now I have it.

But I just cannot get off Zelda!!

Anyone had a play yet?!

My copy from Base.com has yet to arrive :(

My copy from Base.com has yet to arrive :(

That's bull shit.

Same with my 1 2 Switch and that was ShopTo!

Dispatched on Wednesday too. Really not happy about that they were flawless otherwise.

So whos got this and is the online fun? Could purchase if you guys are enjoying.

My copy came today. This is classic bomberman. I have not played a game since the SNES version but everything is familar. I did a few stages of the story and had a few games online.

The online has a bit of lag input (I believe Konami are going to patch it up). However, I had such a laugh and its a lot of fun! I'm lookiny gorward to have a few games with you guys.

My copy came today. This is classic bomberman. I have not played a game since the SNES version but everything is familar. I did a few stages of the story and had a few games online.

The online has a bit of lag input (I believe Konami are going to patch it up). However, I had such a laugh and its a lot of fun! I'm lookiny gorward to have a few games with you guys.

Can't wait to play this later on!

Sadly its one of those games where the price has me second guessing... If at least 5 members have this game and will be online,I 'll get it. So far 2.

I have it too.

It's not great. I remember the original bomberman being quite tight with the controls but it seems quite slow and difficult to get around the walls.

Not worth £40+, maybe £12.99 download or something.

I have it too. And @david\.dakota does!!! Who fancies a small Zelda-break session tonight?

I think only 4 players can play online though can't they? With 2 per console for up to 8?

I have it too.

It's not great. I remember the original bomberman being quite tight with the controls but it seems quite slow and difficult to get around the walls.

I agree with this actually.

I have it too.

I agree. I find the controls perfectly fine when playing offline though.

I think we all know it's crazy over priced. However, it's bomber man, and I'm actually quite excited by it, irrespective of the price. I went out last week and spent £50 on some drinks and a late night burger.

@Blade @dazzybee @Aneres11 Ha I saw you all playing online - is it good??

Well I've never played a Bomberman game before.

Playing the first world near the end now.

Either I really suck at this game or it's not for me haha. I'm enjoying it, but something feels a little off with the controls. Having never played it I can't say if it's normal, but Bomberman himself feels a little 'slippy'?

I keep running back into bomb paths or enemies when I'm trying to avoid them. It seems to be when I use the analogue stick, seems like it's a game made for a Dpad. I have been playing in handheld mode so could try with the Pro Controller but have had some difficulty so far. And I've set it to beginner seeing as I am to the series! Haha.

Still, I haven't really wanted to put it down yet, so it's doing something right.

Either I really suck at this game or it's not for me haha. I'm enjoying it, but something feels a little off with the controls. Having never played it I can't say if it's normal, but Bomberman himself feels a little 'slippy'?

I keep running back into bomb paths or enemies when I'm trying to avoid them. It seems to be when I use the analogue stick, seems like it's a game made for a Dpad. I have been playing in handheld mode so could try with the Pro Controller but have had some difficulty so far. And I've set it to beginner seeing as I am to the series! Haha.

Still, I haven't really wanted to put it down yet, so it's doing something right.

Bomberman is a skill. I've just cleared the first world on medium difficulty but used two continues - thats over 14 lives! Haha!

I am enjoying it. I've tried online too. It was a bit better this time and I won a match :D

Please let me know if people fancy a game.

(Insert general comment here about being unable to message people on the friends list)

It might not be you. People on Gaf who are fans of the series are saying the game/controls feel a little off on this version of the game. Maybe not as tight?

My mate bought it and he's enjoying it at least.

I'm considering this, would have it already at sub £30. Is it easy to set up friends games? I think me and the King are in the same boat on this one.

I'm considering this, would have it already at sub £30. Is it easy to set up friends games? I think me and the King are in the same boat on this one.

Seriously. Its one of those ones where you get to the checkout but get second thoughts :laughing:

Though all Im missing right now is a nice multiplayer break from Zelda.

This is such a gem of a game.

Never would I have picked this up if it hadn't been a launch title with not much else to keep me going on the system. I know there's Zelda, but that aside it was slim pickings for me which made me look into this a bit more. I was dubious but I actually love it. Still feel like Bomberman is a touch too slippy and it is having an impact on the later levels for me now, but I am enjoying it more and more each time I fire it up.

Although it still confuses me what the things are you pick up when you break things with the bomb. The fire icon etc. What am I picking up?! All I'm doing is just dropping bombs and avoiding them but I feel like there's more to do than that?

Glad I purchased. :)

Finally got a chance to play it, it's great! It's a proper Bomberman game and it feels like the SNES titles! :D

There are a couple of things that do bug me, namely the fact that you can't change the item setup in multiplayer (a staple feature of the series) and the fact that for whatever reason, Bomberman has 8 way movement in this game (which is probably where the complaints of "slippery" controls come from). It's not a game breaker, but you do need to be careful to not get stuck on walls as a result - I have no idea why on earth it's even there; maybe some later stages have open designs that encourage free movement? Dunno.

There's a lot of stages and unlockables on offer, the game feels good (30FPS really isn't an issue at all here), looks good and sounds great (all the tunes I've heard so far are new and sound like classic Bomberman tuneskies). The stages are really quite inventive, I love the magnet one and labrynth in particular! Being able to throw bombs on top of blocks is crazy as well!

Good stuff all round. Any fans of the bomber will be foolish not to pick this one up!

Okay, so let's get a game tonight. Is it right you can only have 4 machines connected?

So @david\.dakota @S\.C\.G @Serebii And anyone else who has it but hasn't posted in this thread!!!

I'll be free realistically from 9 to be safe. So 9? 10? Let's agree a time and get some games on.