NEurope
Serebii

Super Bomberman R

I've just Wiki'd Bomberman games. There's an absolute shed load.

Why have I never played one I wonder? ::shrug:

Even mobile phone games and handheld titles.

Although it would seem he hasn't been on a 'home console' for 7 or so years. Whether you class the Switch as home console or not, it kind of is I guess.

Notice a 3DS title was in the works but Wiki says 'cancelled'?

I feel like I need to buy it just so I can show my face round here still! Baffled that I'm so uneducated in Bomberman! :blush:

I know there was a Bomberman on N64(?) but was never inclined to actually play it but can't remember why?!
1072-1.jpg

^This one featured a Battle Mode.

latest?cb=20110219070359

^This one didnt and sucked abit.

latest?cb=20070830195817

^Sequel to Bomberman 64, and looking at the 4 controllers on the box, it also features a Battle Mode.

So does anyone have this for pre-order?

It does seem pricey, but I don't know how long it is typically set to last.

Seems like a nice change of pace from Zelda, but I don't know whether I should take the plunge or wait until reviews come in.

I can see it being one of those games where there is no review of it until a few weeks after the Switch.

Sucks because the more I watch clips of it, the more I really like the look

I'm pretty torn as well, guaranteed it'll be £15 in a couple of months and there's Shovel Knight and Fast RMX to keep me entertained between Zelda sessions.

I imagine there'll be a few reviews at launch though.

I'm pretty torn as well, guaranteed it'll be £15 in a couple of months and there's Shovel Knight and Fast RMX to keep me entertained between Zelda sessions.

I imagine there'll be a few reviews at launch though.

I'm feeling the same about it. I'm too likely to get Fast RMX and Shovel Knight. Don't get me wrong, I do want this game, it looks good and classic Bomberman but not for 50 quid.

Yes, day 1, for certain!

*lock it in... Booom!* :awesome:

I'm buying it because I love Bomberman and want more of these games made in the future. :)

Heck, it's that great to see another console entry on a Nintendo platform that I'll likely volunteer to review it for launch if we don't get review code for it. : peace:

Either way, I intend to play it... a lot. :D

I'm buying it, multiplayer bomber man will be great! And likewise, great to see it return, let's have versions of micro machines, worms, NBA Jame and fuck it sensible soccer!!!

As release date looms i'm thinking more and more that I will pick this up. Where's cheapest place to get it?

Also is the campaign co-op online?

No but, like most multiplayer games, I'm going to download it so it's on my Switch at all times, to be played at a moment's notice :)

As release date looms i'm thinking more and more that I will pick this up. Where's cheapest place to get it?

Base has it cheapest, I have it preordered, but want it digitally really; use not for £50...

As for online co op, i highly highly doubt it! But I don't think it's confirmed either way.

I really want this.

But I'm trying to be as sensible as possible with the spending on Switch as I am gonna want the neon joycons and SnipperClips bundle too.

Having said that I have just loaded shopto up on my computer so I'm clearly struggling to resist.

I'm keen but to be honest with Zelda, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight and SnipperClips on day 1 I'm ok with all that. I suspect the price of this will plummet pretty quickly

ShopTo - http://www.shopto.net/nintendo/switch/SWSU01-super-bomberman-r

No co-op mode for online but it's the multiplayer where the real action is at so don't let that put you off. :)

I've just paid for my Shop-To copy and the Switch console and my brothers copy of Breath of the Wild for the Wii U which I managed to pre-order aggges ago for around £37. :cool:

Base has it cheapest, I have it preordered, but want it digitally really; use not for £50...

As for online co op, i highly highly doubt it! But I don't think it's confirmed either way.

Thanks mate.

Ordered :D

Really struggling to resist!

But I can see SnipperClips being my go to for multiplayer for the time being.

Plus, like I've said I've never played bomberman so I may not even like it?! (Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself out of purchasing). :heh:

Plus, like I've said I've never played bomberman so I may not even like it?! (Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself out of purchasing). :heh:

... :blank:

Not... like... Bomberman?

Does not compute. :heh:

Really struggling to resist!

But I can see SnipperClips being my go to for multiplayer for the time being.

Get ordering it.

Welp. Seeing as my ShopTo points have just gone live coz my console and Zelda and accessories are 'processing' I've just used my points and got £10.61 off bomberman.

£34 odd feels a bit better. :D

I assume everyone will be up for some online Bomberman action.

Shall we use our PS4s to voice chat (I am bering serious) multiplayer gaming is so much better when we can speak to one another.

Details about the game and online play.

- runs at 30fps

- runs at the Switch’s full resolution in each mode

- online will be for Battle Mode only

- cooperative Story Mode will not be available online, only locally

- online will utilize matchmaking through lobbies

- connect with random opponents and friends

Reviews have started to come out now. The general opinion is that it's more than a solid entry for the series but the price is the biggest sticking point. Had this been an eShop launch game then I feel the reception would be a lot better.

I think Ultra Street Fighter 2 is going to suffer the same fate.

Reviews have started to come out now. The general opinion is that it's more than a solid entry for the series but the price is the biggest sticking point. Had this been an eShop launch game then I feel the reception would be a lot better.

I think Ultra Street Fighter 2 is going to suffer the same fate.

Yep just far too expensive. £20 and I would be interested.

Full price, not remotely interested.

Yeah third parties are pushing it a bit with prices.

I'm a sucker for Bomberman and am still getting it though :P

@

@Babylonian The embargo was up 10 minutes ago, so I can say this: That game's going to be $5 at every GameStop in two months

This is when I will buy the game.