NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Isn't it essentially a fist up the bum?

Isn't it essentially a fist up the bum?

That's a hilarious post to find on a fresh page where the context is all on the previous page.

@Hero\-of\-Time, missed opportunity there. Nothing against Spaceballs, but this is what came to mind.

Super_Mario_RPG_JP_Victory.png

[tweet]865312424005574656[/tweet]

Only took a few attempts on some of the cups to achieve the feat.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Can they uncensor that shit in Holland, where nobody bats an eyelash to that kind of stuff.

Easy Allies

Review

This is how Mario Kart 8 should have been the first time round. :D

All of the content you could ever want with all those tracks... :grin:

...characters, vehicles and a full Battle Mode. :)

Battle Mode? Battle Mode! Battle... Mode... :blank:

*waits for inevitable Battle Mode extra arenas dlc*

: peace:

Has anybody else tried to go back to previous Mario Kart games since playing Mario Kart 8 on Wii U or Deluxe on Switch?

I was keen to experience some different tracks to those we've been racing on relentlessly for the last couple of years so decided to play both Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart Double Dash last week. To be honest, both of them feel pretty horrible to control after how perfect Mario Kart 8 feels. I'm sure I'd get used to them again after a while but it really highlighted just how special the latest Mario Kart really is and how much I'd love even more tracks brought into it as DLC.. and even a 'Double Dash' mode :grin:

Has anybody else tried to go back to previous Mario Kart games since playing Mario Kart 8 on Wii U or Deluxe on Switch?

I was keen to experience some different tracks to those we've been racing on relentlessly for the last couple of years so decided to play both Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart Double Dash last week. To be honest, both of them feel pretty horrible to control after how perfect Mario Kart 8 feels. I'm sure I'd get used to them again after a while but it really highlighted just how special the latest Mario Kart really is and how much I'd love even more tracks brought into it as DLC.. and even a 'Double Dash' mode :grin:

Yeah they've absolutely knocked it out of the park with MK8. I'd forgotten just how amazing the soundtrack is and the visuals are some of Nintendo's best work :bowdown:

Finding 200cc a bit frustrating on this. Never bothered with it on Wii U but going through it on Switch and its pretty tricky.

Seem to be losing the same courses all the time. You literally have to brake a lot, but when I do, I just get overtaken by the AI characters and end up losing.

The tracks where it's easy to fall off are the hardest. Not finding any enjoyment in it despite me liking the extra speed.

Finding 200cc a bit frustrating on this. Never bothered with it on Wii U but going through it on Switch and its pretty tricky.

Seem to be losing the same courses all the time. You literally have to brake a lot, but when I do, I just get overtaken by the AI characters and end up losing.

The tracks where it's easy to fall off are the hardest. Not finding any enjoyment in it despite me liking the extra speed.

Have you used break while accelerating? It slows you down a bit but you keep the slide going and turbo building still. Made 200cc a piece of piss.

Rainbow Road in the Special Cup caused me quite a few problems in 200cc. With a bit of practice, you'll get there :smile:

Have you used break while accelerating? It slows you down a bit but you keep the slide going and turbo building still. Made 200cc a piece of piss.

Will give this a try! Cheers.

Rainbow Road in the Special Cup caused me quite a few problems in 200cc. With a bit of practice, you'll get there :smile:

Oh yeah. Had to build a serious lead on the other tracks to win that one... Always ended up beside the road on the last turn before goal but got lucky in the end and only fell to third place or something similar.

I finally got all gold on 200cc. Never going to bother with that mode again, it's terrible... But now Time Trials feel SO slow compared to 200cc.

I've three-starred every Grand Prix now and only have a few 200cc staff ghosts to beat. Generally been doing them at a pace of about one circuit per day, they seem impossible on my first attempt but over the course of a session I can master their quirks.

I've three-starred every Grand Prix now and only have a few 200cc staff ghosts to beat. Generally been doing them at a pace of about one circuit per day, they seem impossible on my first attempt but over the course of a session I can master their quirks.

I feel like that's always the case with Mario Kart. The first time you see the the ghost it's like "how in the actual fucking fuck?"

But then you git gud and it is actually not that bad.

There's definitely an element of that with every game but it's more noticeable on the 200cc time trials because the learning curve for it is that much steeper.

Hi everyone, I hope we are all still enjoying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I am The Mole and I run the Mario kart 8 Deluxe league for N-Europe.

I understand at the moment that numbers in the league are quite low, mainly because the league happens on a Friday night. If I were to change the league nights to Thursday (like before), would any of you be able to join?

Nothing is set in stone yet, just asking for your opinion. Thanks for reading

Hi everyone, I hope we are all still enjoying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I am The Mole and I run the Mario kart 8 Deluxe league for N-Europe.

I understand at the moment that numbers in the league are quite low, mainly because the league happens on a Friday night. If I were to change the league nights to Thursday (like before), would any of you be able to join?

Hell yes! :)

As it happens, I've just signed up for this weeks league, only because it's my week off work, normally it means I can't attend on Friday but if the league does change back to Thursdays then I'd likely start playing again... depending on how tomorrow night goes connection-wise of course.

Aw man.. with this thread being posted in, I was kinda hoping it was going to be about new DLC :red:

I wouldn't make it every single week but I would be able to make it more often, definitely.

I think I've mentioned it to you, but my day off is Thursday and I'll be able to play much more than a Friday.

That’s pretty awesome. Now if you could use it all the time and not just for a week maybe I’d use that over my preferred SatNav system. 

• Like 1