NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Honestly, after playing a certain WiiU game, I'm not surprised at that shirt one bit.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Am I the only person who thinks that releasing this before announcing the online subscription cost is shadier than anything EA have ever done?

Am I the only person who thinks that releasing this before announcing the online subscription cost is shadier than anything EA have ever done?

I don't know... EA have done some pretty shady things to date. :p

But I do understand the point you're trying to make, Nintendo releases Mario Kart 8 DX which will probably be their most popular online game, people end up loving it because it's fun and free...

...then bam! A few months later Nintendo announces that you'll now need to pay £30 a year to play this title and many other games - hopefully - online for the forseeable future regardless of what extra deal-sweetners are part of that.

Of course I'd prefer it if all online services for consoles were free - even though I know that isn't the main issue here - but sadly a precedent has been set.

It would have been better if Nintendo could have let us know up-front on day one what it was all going to eventually cost but I get the feeling that they don't even know yet.

I'm certainly not going to defend it but if we do end up with an excellent online service which will hopefully end up costing significantly less than that of the comeptition while being almost on-par then surely it's worth it on some level?

(I get the feeling a thread-rip from this point may well be required) :heh:

I imagine their online subscription cost will be quite cheap. Kimishima suggested approx £14-20 a year when asked about it.

It's not just the cost. It's weird that we are so far into the consoles life and they still haven't specified what this weird app thing is that you need to talk to your friends?

Is this game expected to be much different from the Wii U original?

I am tempted to get it but trying to justify the double dip :P

Is the app for voice chat thing going to be released on Friday also...or does that only come out when they start charging?

(I been lost in Hyrule last two months, I know nothing of what happened in the outside world since)

Is this game expected to be much different from the Wii U original?

I am tempted to get it but trying to justify the double dip :P

Is the app for voice chat thing going to be released on Friday also...or does that only come out when they start charging?

(I been lost in Hyrule last two months, I know nothing of what happened in the outside world since)

It's the same game as before but with substantial upgrades to Battle Mode: 8 stages, 5 modes etc.

It also has multiple new characters and vehicle parts, so Dry Bones, Inklings, Bowser Jr. and King Boo.

If Battle Mode is your thing, then get this without hesitation.

It's the same game as before but with substantial upgrades to Battle Mode: 8 stages, 5 modes etc.

It also has multiple new characters and vehicle parts, so Dry Bones, Inklings, Bowser Jr. and King Boo.

If Battle Mode is your thing, then get this without hesitation.

I didn't get the DLC for MK8 and Battle Mode is very much my preferred game type... but until I know more about their online I'm not sure about purchasing this.

The biggest thing that makes me lean toward picking it up before then is playing with the family.

A dispatch email from Amazon this morning stating mine should arrive on Saturday..

Since I placed the order back in March mine has said "arriving May 3rd". Using Prime as well. Don't understand why it's not day 1.

I don't have Amazon Prime so it's no real surprise to me that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe won't be here at launch as it has happened to me before when preordering from Amazon as far back as Pilotwings Resort at the launch of the 3DS.

Hopefully I get a surprise and actually have it delivered tomorrow but the way these things usually go for me I'm more likely to be waiting until Monday or even Tuesday for it.. :blank:

Since I placed the order back in March mine has said "arriving May 3rd". Using Prime as well. Don't understand why it's not day 1.

I went through this with them for a couple of PS4 games that I had preordered. Despite being a Prime member I still didn't get the games on launch and ended up cancelling the orders. I had the same issue with the Zelda book that got released recently. I had it preordered and checked on the day it was released to find that the shipping date wasn't until 4 days after the release, despite it being in stock. I cancelled that order and then reordered it and got it next day due to my Prime membership. Baffling stuff.

I went through this with them for a couple of PS4 games that I had preordered. Despite being a Prime member I still didn't get the games on launch and ended up cancelling the orders. I had the same issue with the Zelda book that got released recently. I had it preordered and checked on the day it was released to find that the shipping date wasn't until 4 days after the release, despite it being in stock. I cancelled that order and then reordered it and got it next day due to my Prime membership. Baffling stuff.

I would have done the same had I not been on holiday until Tuesday. Kind of don't care as I won't be home to play it tomorrow anyway ;) It is frustrating though. I thought that's what Prime was supposed to be for.. regular customers who want things asap, without the guessing or the bullshit. I wouldn't pay full whack for it, getting it half price is kind of worth it though, I must admit. The number of times I've wanted a book and it's been delivered the next day (including Sunday!) has proved to me the service can be excellent when it wants to be.

The number of times I've wanted a book and it's been delivered the next day (including Sunday!) has proved to me the service can be excellent when it wants to be.

Yeah, I love the next day delivery service. The guy who keeps delievring my stuff must get sick of me. :D The TV stuff has been tripe for ages, though. The quality of movies on the service is awful.

Midnight on the eShop yes?

I'm supposing so. That's how I'll be getting it anyway.

Just read the download code is £40.60 on amazon.jp

£49.99 on Amazon uk

Japanese eShop should match that Amazon.jp price I assume.

Edited by liger05

@Ashley

:laughing: at the trolling review score. But in all seriousness...

XXpPUM.jpg

:eek: Mario Kart 8's soundtrack is incredible!

@Ashley

:laughing: at the trolling review score. But in all seriousness...

XXpPUM.jpg

Different opinion ≠ trolling ;) Plus if everyone gave it a 10 Nintendo would think they'd never have to release another. I'm doing this for us all :heh:

It's good. It's fine. But audio is more than soundtrack. Plus obviously I miss the horn.

Edit

@Josh64 just pointed out to me the score was an 8. Meant to be a 9. Sorry!

Edited by Ashley

@Ashley

:laughing:at the trolling review score. But in all seriousness...

XXpPUM.jpg

I no rite, let's go Twilight Princess 8.8-gate all over again.

2022216-o0wri.png