NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

22 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Seems these are coming out pretty quickly now. When was the last one? Just before Christmas? So we could have all the tracks by September at 3 months apart.

Had that feeling too because I just played the last wave a few weeks ago. Checking back through this thread, it's been March, August, December and now March again.

I’m hoping this waves surprises me as it’s the one I’m least excited about so far.  It’s probably the volume of Tour courses, which all begin to merge into one as look so similar with their aesthetics.  
I am looking forward to the new course, and seeing how the GBA course plays now it’s revamped.  It’s always nice to have more courses so I’ll keep an open mind and let’s see how it goes!

• Like 1

General

• Improved the performance of some characters and vehicle customizations.
  • Made it so that the player can see the rear view mirror when spinning, crashing, or changed into Bullet Bill.
  • Made it so, if the player uses a Super Star or Boo at the same time that they are hit by Lightning, their kart will not crash or become small.
  • Made it so, when jumping from a Whomp in Tour Berlin Byways, karts can leap over the fence.
  • Added Golden Mushroom to Custom Items in Renegade Roundup.
  • Added “Booster Course Pass” button to main menu. If a player does not have the Booster Course Pass, a link to the Nintendo eShop will be displayed.

Some information from the latest update. Fixes detailed here.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe future characters five slots

Birdo is added as a new column with five mystery slots. But there's only two more Booster Course Pack waves remaining...

• Thanks 4

Clearly going to be Roy, Marth, Rose Gold Roy, Rose Gold Marth, Cat Roy 

• Haha 3

Pity it's not an extra row on the character screen, but oh well.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

See, I'd be up for a FE character because it wouldn't be from Tour and therefore, a legit surprise.

Plus, it'd make some people unreasonably angry at one tiny inclusion, which is always funny.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

No room for Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Luigi, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Rosalina and Edge? :( 

• Haha 1

tumblr_oidtohiy9e1rrftcdo1_540.png
I want Weird Mario.  Give us Weird Mario you cowards!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

No room for Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Luigi, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Rosalina and Edge? :( 

What? That ninja from Final Fantasy IV?

Weird choice, but I'd take it. Not the first time a Final Fantasy Ninja showed up in a Mario game.

Edited by Glen-i

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What? That ninja from Final Fantasy IV?

No, from WWF No Mercy.

Or Edge from Sparks of Hope...

Heads up, Nintendo have been fiddling with character stats as part of this update!

https://www.reddit.com/r/mariokart/comments/11mki0n/mk8dx_version_230_all_balance_changes/

Every driver except for Metal Mario, Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Wario, Dry Bowser, Bowser, Morton, and large Mii has had their ground, water, air, and anti-gravity speed statistic increased by a value of 0.25 (1 point). Before, after

Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Dry Bones, small Mii, Toad, Shy Guy, Larry, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Mario, Ludwig, medium Mii, Luigi, and Iggy have had their mini-turbo statistics increased by a value of 0.25 (1 point). Before, after

Every vehicle body except for Pipe Frame, Varmint, City Tripper, Biddybuggy, Mr. Scooty, Landship, Streetle, Standard Bike, Flame Rider, Wild Wiggler, and W 25 Silver Arrow has had their mini-turbo statistic increased by a value of 0.25 (1 point). Before, after

Every tire except for Roller, Azure Roller, Button, and Leaf Tires has had their mini-turbo statistic increased by a value of 0.25 (1 point). Before, After

• Thanks 1

In case anyone is wondering, my setup is Medium Mii, Yoshi Bike, Mercedes Wheels.

Yes, I got all the buffs!

• Like 1

Oh! Something interesting with this update... It seems that with the change in character stats, the update has broken all existing Time Trial ghosts that don't use the unaffected characters/kart parts!

Go check your time trials and you'll notice that all the times are wrong now and the lines are all different!

Is anyone concerned that with Nintendo throwing everything at Mario Kart 8 basically making it the ultimate version of Mario Kart with the amount of characters and courses available that it's going to be difficult to top it with 9.

I mean, after the last DLC waves have hit, how many retro tracks will be left unused that could be included in 9 and feel fresh?

Will they even include retro courses in 9 due to 8 using so many as DLC.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Is anyone concerned that with Nintendo throwing everything at Mario Kart 8 basically making it the ultimate version of Mario Kart with the amount of characters and courses available that it's going to be difficult to top it with 9.

I mean, after the last DLC waves have hit, how many retro tracks will be left unused that could be included in 9 and feel fresh?

Some of us refer to it as the Smash Ultimate problem.

Expanding the roster and course inspiration to include other Nintendo EPD IP's seems like the best way to mitigate the inevitable cutback on quantity.

13 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Nintendo always seem to have the next iteration of a game thought of and in the works when the previous one is out, but this does feel different. 8 has been out now since the WiiU days and there is no sign of a 9 or Ultimate coming. I don't think it means the end of Mario Kart, I just wonder if the fact that this version has been selling so well that they have just put it on the back burner until the new console. They have given us so much new stuff in 8D, I mean we have pretty much had a full new game with the Booster Pass.

I hope one day we get an Ultimate Mario Kart which just includes all characters, Karts, tracks and gimmicks from all previous games. 

Considering that on the homebrew scene for Mario Kart and Smash Bros. there's most tracks, characters, stages etc that you could want with more being added, the next official Mario Kart (or Smash Bros) could go full-on Mario Maker and allow players to add their own tracks.

Either that or, just make a brand new game with only brand new tracks, but considering the amount of work which has gone into Maro Kart 8 DX, it would seem silly to not include all those tracks in any future game.

At this point though, just turn the '8' on its side, call it Mario Kart Infinite, the last release of the game which just keeps getting new content, then keep making adjustments until the game is as balanced (or unbalanced) as it can be, and leave it at that.

If we were to get GameCube games as part of Nintendo Switch Online... either an existing tier, or another 'plus' level or something, then Mario Kart Double Dash!! would be fantastic to play online, plus most of the groundwork has already been done, the game supported the Broadband adapter, you can already technically play it I believe, so Nintendo just needs to make their own official version, by making a GC NSO application which is as good as the N64 one is, as when it works, it really works well. 

New track and new characters in the next wave:

No release date? Disappointed...

Surely it can't be far off now though? It's gotta be coming out in the next month or two, you really can't give us a release date?

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

No release date? Disappointed...

Surely it can't be far off now though? It's gotta be coming out in the next month or two, you really can't give us a release date?

I believe Nintendo did the same last year.

Vague release window in the Direct, with one track announced plus character(s), then a trailer drop with all the track details when the pack is only a week or so away.

There's still hope for Airship Fortress yet.

• Thanks 1

Every character they reveal that isn't Poochy just makes me sad.

And normally, I'd be hyped with Kamek finally getting into a good Mario Kart, but it's not Poochy, so bleh.

Edited by Glen-i

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

And normally, I'd be hyped with Kamek finally getting into a good Mario Kart, but it's not Poochy, so bleh.

They only showed three new characters, so there's two character slots left... meaning there's still hope for Poochy yet.

poochyiscoming_3991683.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ip

I mean... he's in Tour, so... it's almost agiven at this point, surely.

As for the last character slot... it's obvious, isn't it?

68338d77fb468de421898380516cea0b.jpg&f=1

It's Wart time! Right @markderoos ?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I say bring back the double mechanic just for Poochy, teamed up with Oatchi. Two good boys together. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

I say bring back the double mechanic just for Poochy, teamed up with Oatchi. Two good boys together. 

You don't even need to reach for Pikmin to do that.

LM3_Polterpup_artwork.png

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

Three good boys!

Make it four:

PVDgZwi.png

:heh:

Playing as Poochy is absolutely hilarious in MK Tour :D here's hoping they add him to MK8 as well, although I think Poochy might struggle riding a bike. :laughing:

• Thanks 2