NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

7 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Would reverse Mode work though with many of the tracks in 8? A lot of track are built in a way that if you try to go in reverse you can make it all the way around because of jumps and ramps. I'd love them to bring it back if they had thought of making it though.

They would have to modify quite a few tracks to make them work in reverse; adding cannons, jumps etc to get you back.  So it wouldn't be an insignificant amount of work (which is probably why they dropped the idea during development originally).

That being said though, the MK Tour tracks have already been designed with Reverse CC in mind already... I certainly don't think it's impossible to make it also happen with the existing MK8 tracks (they do have 2 whole years to make it happen after all!).  Would be a great way to give MK8 a real send-off! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

I really hope they do. Mirror mode is one thing, but reverse mode makes courses feel entirely new as opposed to just "its a left turn instead of right". Could add so much more to the game along with all the new tracks.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I really hope they do. Mirror mode is one thing, but reverse mode makes courses feel entirely new as opposed to just "its a left turn instead of right". Could add so much more to the game along with all the new tracks.

Agreed.  Reverse mode in Wave Race 64 is super awesome! Way more interesting than Mirror Mode!

Would love to see that happen :)

Yeah, the Reverse races in MK Tour are pretty cool, I much prefer it to mirror mode as well. There are also Trick course variants (which add many more opportunities for tricks) plus R/T (reverse + trick combo) courses too! :)

I get the feeling they probably won't bring that stuff over to MK8DX though, unless they also have plans to try and add it to the existing MK8 courses. Also starting to think characters jumping ship won't be a thing either, as they'd obviously have to rework them for bikes (which after playing so much Tour I actually forgot was a thing :heh:) but you never know.

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Also starting to think characters jumping ship won't be a thing either, as they'd obviously have to rework them for bikes (which after playing so much Tour I actually forgot was a thing :heh:) but you never know.

Definitely not all of them, DK Jr probably ain't happening.

But it's not too difficult to take a handful, and reposition them for bikes. 1 or 2 per pack isn't outside the realm of possibility.

But it's just as likely they won't happen, so who knows?

On 21/02/2022 at 7:16 PM, Glen-i said:

Definitely not all of them, DK Jr probably ain't happening.

Probably not, no. :heh: Be funny if they did try to bring him (and SMK Mario) over though, as they already look hilarious in 3D karts, so plonking them on bikes would be even funnier. :laughing:

mariokart8dxdlcfaq.620x0.webp

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC Official FAQ

Nintendo have added an FAQ about the upcoming DLC to their website.

Check the article for the full FAQ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That says that impression that people without the pass can still vote for the pass tracks as long as one person in the room has the pass.

So, theme nights will still be doable, that's a relief.

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

That says that impression that people without the pass can still vote for the pass tracks as long as one person in the room has the pass.

So, theme nights will still be doable, that's a relief.

it is possible to play on one of the included courses if players vote for it.

To me that suggest that you would be able to play on the course if it gets voted for, but if you don't have the pass you wouldn't be able to vote for it yourself though. So we'd need enough players to have the pass to make voting in our favour.

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Any updates on if your purchase of the Booster Pack on the Russian eShop is going to go through, @MindFreak

Yeah, got a cancellation mail the other day. As expected. :) I'll just buy it from my own eShop storefront in Denmark, the price difference is rather minimal.

Bought the DLC, had 25euro credit lying on my eShop account as a so far  unused Xmas gift, said feck it, let's use it on this and dist off the MK8 card :)

I've just expanded my online pass, so got the dlc with it. Want to see if I like the online pack.

Just played this for the first time in years. I forgot how amazing the gameplay is. Not to mention gorgeous, with an incredible soundtrack. Nintendo at the top of their game here.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

The update is out now, but the tracks aren't playable yet...

Naturally this hasn't stopped dataminers from doing what they do best...

PSA: ALL THE TRACKS HAVE NEWLY ARRANGED MUSIC FROM MARIO KART BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...

My...

GOD!!!!

IT'S NOT ALL MARIO KART TOUR MUSIC RIPS!!!! :bouncy:

48 brand new Mario Kart Band music tracks!! Fuck me!! I'm dying in glorious jazz!!! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tracks are playable now. Just a PSA, i had to go to the eshop and download the expansion myself for it to work.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

Tracks are playable now. Just a PSA, i had to go to the eshop and download the expansion myself for it to work.

Yes, I had this issue as well, when I was double checking to make sure it downloaded. Just gonna commandeer your post for the other thread.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Yes, I had this issue as well, when I was double checking to make sure it downloaded. Just gonna commandeer your post for the other thread.

I'm a little confused now...I can play the two new cups offline in Grand Prix mode but I am not seeing any new tracks show up online after an hour of playing. Maybe it's bad luck on my part or we can only play them offline right now?

17 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

I'm a little confused now...I can play the two new cups offline in Grand Prix mode but I am not seeing any new tracks show up online after an hour of playing. Maybe it's bad luck on my part or we can only play them offline right now?

I'm not certain, but it seems like it's not a worldwide release. So some countries don't have it yet. That might be why.

If you create a lobby for friends, however, it works.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm not certain, but it seems like it's not a worldwide release. So some countries don't have it yet. That might be why.

If you create a lobby for friends, however, it works.

yeah, since my last post I found someone on my friends list that has a game open, so a bunch of us are playing the new tracks there

Edited by Helmsly

I didn't realise the new tracks were releasing so soon, I still need to buy a new copy of the game...

Really fun new tracks. I couldn't remember most (all?) of them from previous games so they might as well have been new courses to me.

I think visually the game looks a lot better when the camera is behind the Kart compared to the floating camera Nintendo use in trailers, so the simpler geometry wasn't too noticeable during gameplay. Everything still looked vibrant and fun. Though I probably shouldn't have played Ribbon Road and Mount Wario just yesterday tbf :laughing:

The Sky Garden track is stuck in my head. Great tune

Now, I haven't actually played them yet (Waiting until 8pm tonight), but I refuse to believe that 3DS Toad Circuit is anything more then "meh". It's the first track of it's respective game, a game that already had gliding mechanics, and has a very standard figure-8 style layout with almost no obstacles, so unless some radical anti-grav shenanigans have been added to it, I see that being the dud of this lot. I would've chosen pretty much any other track over that one.

DS Shroom Ridge is one I'm surprised is showing up again, I remember that one having a really catchy tune, so I'm looking forward to hearing the Mario Kart Band tackle that.

55 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Now, I haven't actually played them yet (Waiting until 8pm tonight), but I refuse to believe that 3DS Toad Circuit is anything more then "meh". It's the first track of it's respective game, a game that already had gliding mechanics, and has a very standard figure-8 style layout with almost no obstacles, so unless some radical anti-grav shenanigans have been added to it, I see that being the dud of this lot. I would've chosen pretty much any other track over that one.

DS Shroom Ridge is one I'm surprised is showing up again, I remember that one having a really catchy tune, so I'm looking forward to hearing the Mario Kart Band tackle that.

Well, I mean, Mario Kart Tour has exactly 48 tracks when you strip away the Remix tracks, the multiple variations of the same track (of which MK8DX apparantly incorporates into the one track from what I hear), and the tracks that are already included in MK8DX as standard... so you were always guaranteed to see DS Shroom Ridge again in this DLC at some point :p

Edited by Dcubed

GameXplain already has a comparison video up. Looks like a nice and decent visual upgrade for the Tour tracks. And needless to say the older tracks all got a very thick lick of paint (plus lay-out changes):

• Thanks 2