NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I fired this up last night for the first time in AGES. I was pretty bored and was looking for something fun to play to pass the time, so I decided to reinstall this and have a few quick games online. 2 hours later and I was still playing the thing! What made it enjoyable was that I picked Regional when searching for a match and was paired up with a bunch of UK people, with other Europeans filling in the remaining spot. Most of the UK players stuck around for most of the time that I was playing and some nice rivalries were formed in this 2 hour period. I don't think I won a single race but it was such a laugh hunting down those who had wronged me in a previous race. A Russian player dominated every race and had an INSANE score next to his name but methinks there was something fishy going on with him as his username mentioned "lag" and "hax". Still, it was fun playing the game again and it was just what I was looking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I fired this up last night for the first time in AGES. I was pretty bored and was looking for something fun to play to pass the time, so I decided to reinstall this and have a few quick games online. 2 hours later and I was still playing the thing! What made it enjoyable was that I picked Regional when searching for a match and was paired up with a bunch of UK people, with other Europeans filling in the remaining spot. Most of the UK players stuck around for most of the time that I was playing and some nice rivalries were formed in this 2 hour period. I don't think I won a single race but it was such a laugh hunting down those who had wronged me in a previous race. A Russian player dominated every race and had an INSANE score next to his name but methinks there was something fishy going on with him as his username mentioned "lag" and "hax". Still, it was fun playing the game again and it was just what I was looking for.

You could be having that same enjoyment every Thursday evening if you joined the N-E League. ;) 

I know, I know... You’re not interested, but figured I’d mention it again anyway. :heh: :peace:

Glad to hear you’re still getting some fun from the game though, it truly is a multiplayer classic.

I've had another good session on this, this evening. I actually managed to win a few races as well! The auto acceleration option was on ( my niece was playing on this over Christmas ) so I knocked it off and started winning. No idea if that made a difference. ::shrug:

Once again a few rivalries were made, mostly with German players. Methinks I was being targeted because we are still in the World Cup. Well, at least until Saturday. :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The auto acceleration option was on ( my niece was playing on this over Christmas ) so I knocked it off and started winning. No idea if that made a difference. ::shrug: 

It doesn't make a difference. You just don't have to hold A all the time.

I use Auto Acceleration all the time, because it's just comfy.

• Thanks 1

Mr. Takahasi says in the video below that more updates are on the way for the game. It's not clear whether this means more Labo implementation or something more substantial, like more tracks or racers.

• Like 1

On 5.7.2018 at 9:32 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Once again a few rivalries were made, mostly with German players. Methinks I was being targeted because we are still in the World Cup.

Nah, I just told 'em to fuck you up because you don't like procedurally generated rogue-likes.

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Mr. Takahasi says in the video below that more updates are on the way for the game. It's not clear whether this means more Labo implementation or something more substantial, like more tracks or racers.

Hell yeah!

New tracks and characters I hope. It’s time to unleash Birdo! :D 

19 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Hell yeah!

New tracks and characters I hope. It’s time to unleash Birdo! :D 

Well there was a July Nintendo Direct rumour floating around on 4Chan the other day and one of the so called leaks was Mario Kart DLC that had 2 new cups and a bunch of new characters, with Birdo being one of them. 

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well there was a July Nintendo Direct rumour floating around on 4Chan the other day and one of the so called leaks was Mario Kart DLC that had 2 new cups and a bunch of new characters, with Birdo being one of them. 

Interesting, I wasn’t aware of that.

A July Direct would be sweet though, especially after another E3 which was heavily focused on a single game.

While I would be absolutely ecstatic over more tracks and characters, I'm gonna remain on the more pessimistic side of things.

Don't wanna get my hopes up.

Hmmm that would be interesting. I actually bought this for my Switch, but have only fired it up once or twice. This might be the incentive needed to play it a bit more.

I didn't think new tracks and characters were gonna be on the agenda for Deluxe but I'll be so happy if that's exactly what we get :love:

I hope for a Super Mario Odyssey-level, perhaps also something from BotW. Splatoon 2 could be some material as well. 

Wow. That was quicker than expected. After the comments made by Mr. Takahasi I was thinking it it would be at least a couple of months before things started to appear.

So the Master Cycle started in Mario Kart, got a redesign and became canon in BOTW and now it's come back to Mario Kart!

Quickly updated my game this morning to check it out, and yes he is there! As an alternative costume to the other Link. Didn't check the stats of the Master Cycle Zero yet, I wonder if they differ from the Master Cycle.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

So the Master Cycle started in Mario Kart, got a redesign and became canon in BOTW and now it's come back to Mario Kart!

Yeah, that was my thought as well. It's a bit weird.

The new Link is nice (I forgot he was wearing his traditional outfit, I never use him).

But I'd love a new cup. One based on Mario Odyssey would be nice, so they can replace the cup based on Super Mario 3D World.

Peer from the NVC podcast suggested that since it's unlikely a big first party game is going to get released out of the blue, that Nintendo could release more MK8 DLC in September to coincide with their online service. Would be a great way to tempt people into suddenly paying up. Two or four new Cups, new characters etc. I could see that happening.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Quickly updated my game this morning to check it out, and yes he is there! As an alternative costume to the other Link. Didn't check the stats of the Master Cycle Zero yet, I wonder if they differ from the Master Cycle.

Different stats.

Guess the N-E League will be doing a Link night redux in the near future!