NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

50cc is such a slog.

It's basically you in the lead the whole way soaking up everyone's shells!

50cc is such a slog.

It's basically you in the lead the whole way soaking up everyone's shells!

If you finish a cup on 150cc, it counts as complete on 50cc and 100cc as well.

As in you'll get a gold trophy and three stars symbol underneath all the cups on all previous cc ratings?

I didn't realise it stacked to that degree, it hasn't always surely?

If it has then I feel a bit dumb for always grinding through all the difficulties for every game. :indeed:

Oh well, more coins for the unlocks I suppose. : peace:

If it has then I feel a bit dumb for always grinding through all the difficulties for every game. :indeed:

I feel your pain :hug:

I feel your pain :hug:

Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me that goes through the GP grind on all speeds. :)

Apparently people are finding ways to farm the coins by setting up two racers and letting them control themselves with auto settings, I think I'll just stick to the grind though as it's fun to notice all the differences with each course. :D

Besides, I use a different character for each GP and try out all the kart parts as they get unlocked so it keeps things interesting. : peace:

I usually go through each CC in order but because I've already played through MK8 on Wii U I started on 100cc rather than 50 this time.

As in you'll get a gold trophy and three stars symbol underneath all the cups on all previous cc ratings?

I didn't realise it stacked to that degree, it hasn't always surely?

Yep, even the star rating. This doesn't work if you do it in Mirror and 200cc though. I assume because of the different track layout and the insane speed.

I can't remember if it was a thing in Mario Kart 7, but it definitely was in Mario Kart 8. And because there were only 14 secret characters, you technically only needed to beat the 8 cups in 150cc and Mirror. (And then obtain at least 1 star on those GP's, beat the staff ghosts and get a whole bunch of coins to get everything else, including gold kart parts)

And now with every character being available from the start (Except Gold Mario, but he's tied to beating 200cc), there's pretty much no reason for veterans to bother with 50cc and 100cc.

50cc seems to simple these days, almost feels like it should be taken out altogether. I feel like it gives a bad first impression.

50cc seems to simple these days, almost feels like it should be taken out altogether. I feel like it gives a bad first impression.

It's a good difficulty for little kids, though. I know when my 4 year old niece played on my Wii U version she used to play on that setting and do rather well. If she played on a higher one she would probably get a beating off the AI and lose interest.

It's a good difficulty for little kids, though. I know when my 4 year old niece played on my Wii U version she used to play on that setting and do rather well. If she played on a higher one she would probably get a beating off the AI and lose interest.

Well she's ruining it for the rest of us! :p

Well she's ruining it for the rest of us! :p

Tell me, do you play any of the Dark Souls games, by any chance?

Tell me, do you play any of the Dark Souls games, by any chance?

Lol no actually, I can't stand them.

I'm traditionally fairly bad at Mario Kart, mostly because no entry in the series so far had matched up to the previous kart racing king Crash Team Racing. But I'm genuinely amazed by the level of detail, polish present here and the difference speed class and track knowledge make. Still trying to figure out my go to configuration, but I've been doing really well online with DK in the Mercedes with Triforce Wheels.

Wish the Inklings were more viable in competitive races and had a speedier loadout since they're the only Nintendo designed characters that I think are genuinely cool.

My switch friend code is in my profile btw, let me know if you guys are up for a few rounds online sometime.

You are f#ckin kidding me.

:weep:

Yeah I went straight to 150cc. The other speed classes are a total snoozefest. I just assumed a 150cc victory would count as a victory on lower speed classes since it was that way on F-Zero GX as well as every wipeout game ever.

At the same time though why would you want to complete it at the lower speed classes anyway? You don't get anything for it.

Yeah I went straight to 150cc. The other speed classes are a total snoozefest. I just assumed a 150cc victory would count as a victory on lower speed classes since it was that way on F-Zero GX as well as every wipeout game ever.

At the same time though why would you want to complete it at the lower speed classes anyway? You don't get anything for it.

Completionist satisfaction, I'd assume.

You are f#ckin kidding me.

:weep:

tenor.gif

I caved and bought it, digitally, as I think the kids would love it.

Game sold out on Amazon uk

Amazon US says to ship in 1-2 months. This is game is mad popular.

Nintendo Switch has secured its first UK No.1 with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

In fact, it's the first Nintendo boxed game to get to No.1 since 2011, when the format holder topped the charts with Pokémon White on DS. It's also the first Mario game to reach the top of the charts since Mario Kart Wii in 2008.

Nintendo used the launch of its racer to ship more Switch stock to retailers, which has seen The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild return to the Top Five (at No.5) with a 68% increase in sales week-on-week.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...o-1-since-2011

Edited by liger05

Is anyone else playing this using the Pro Controller? What is up with the weird hollow-sounding noise which comes from it every time you collect a coin? I didn even know the Pro Contoller had built in audio.

Is anyone else playing this using the Pro Controller? What is up with the weird hollow-sounding noise which comes from it every time you collect a coin? I didn even know the Pro Contoller had built in audio.

It seems that must be Nintendo using that HD Rumble, that's just the sound that the motor makes whenever you pick up a coin, at first I was thinking "What the heck is that?!?" but after a race or two I've found that I quite like the sound. :)

It seems that must be Nintendo using that HD Rumble, that's just the sound that the motor makes whenever you pick up a coin, at first I was thinking "What the heck is that?!?" but after a race or two I've found that I quite like the sound. :)

Haha, I feel the same way. It's a really odd sound though.

The game is starting to sell out here in the Netherlands as well. So I'm glad I ordered it, and it will arrive tonight!

Shockingly the last MK I played were the Wii and DS versions, so I can't wait to jump back into the series!

Do you guys think you'll be starting up your MK league again?

Edited by DazzeL
Automerged Doublepost