NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

100+ hours on the Wii U version, a rare thing for me with most games, but I've just ordered the Deluxe version for Switch :grin:

I didn't play the Wii U version as much as I wanted due to a slow internet connection at home. The thought of taking this to a cafe and playing online has me stoked.

I 3*'ed all the cups, played online so much and had every thing unlocked in MK8 but still have this preordered. I love MK and can't wait to start playing some races with you guys again.

I 3*'ed all the cups, played online so much and had every thing unlocked in MK8 but still have this preordered. I love MK and can't wait to start playing some races with you guys again.

Are you running the league again?

You can't invite friends to a game. Is that right?

The IGN Review says you can't. Nintendo dropping the online ball once again.

Is there a spectator mode? I am hosting a tournament on the release date and I'm trying to figure out that is the best way to stream the tournament on Twitch.

Nintendo must already have their Zelda like review score adverts ready to go for this; if this by passes the re release slump and takes off like it could Switch could be in the stratosphere by the end of the year!

That is crazy. Never bet against Nintendo doing something dumb.

Is there a spectator mode? I am hosting a tournament on the release date and I'm trying to figure out that is the best way to stream the tournament on Twitch.

There wasn't in the Wii U version and I don't think there's one here either.

You could use Mario Kart TV to make some awesome highlight videos (like what we did on here), but in terms of livestreaming? Nothing I'm afraid, you're stuck with the one player perspective.

There wasn't in the Wii U version and I don't think there's one here either.

You could use Mario Kart TV to make some awesome highlight videos (like what we did on here), but in terms of livestreaming? Nothing I'm afraid, you're stuck with the one player perspective.

Dang, that sucks... Thanks for the help :cry:

That is crazy. Never bet against Nintendo doing something dumb.

Yep.. Nintendo still just don't get online. Don't think they ever will to be honest.

A new generation comes and nothing changes

But what about voice chat?

But what about voice chat?

Well, nothing until the silly app comes out... and we still don't know at what capacity.

I can't believe how stupid Nintendo are!

Well, nothing until the silly app comes out... and we still don't know at what capacity.

I can't believe how stupid Nintendo are!

As a company they just don't care about the basic functionality that online should offer. Remember when Reggie said Nintendo breathe online.

Nothing could be further from the truth

From what I read the online services arent even active for MK. I call bullshit.

Anyhoo, just finished reading the Eurogamer/Digital Foundry preview and its exactly why I hate tech based reviews. They almost make the game sound average.

Anyhoo, just finished reading the Eurogamer/Digital Foundry preview and its exactly why I hate tech based reviews. They almost make the game sound average.

That's a stretch to call it BS. I think they would of said if they couldn't review the online mode

Plus this is Nintendo remember. It's not that hard to believe they would omit friend invites to play.

Edited by liger05

In other recent videos it was stated that the online wasn't available, so who knows at this point? ::shrug:

Either way, the online won't be 100% defined until later this year when the service rolls out properly so I'm not expecting anything other than what Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U offered online with the lobby system except maybe a bit quicker.

It's a really odd situation though, that's for certain.

Are you running the league again?

I didn't run the league, I was just the host of the races. I'm not sure if anyone is taking up the reins to run the league, we will have to see.

Be prepared to look silly and very disappointed once this is confirmed by other sources.

What have IGN got to gain by lying?

Mate, there are videos around of online battles

Be prepared to look silly and very disappointed once this is confirmed by other sources.

What have IGN got to gain by lying?

Haha, it's IGN not the BBC. At one point they were a reputable news source but not since the Cube days. And the answers easy, bad news is more interesting than good news. Its all about the clicks andon getting toa top of Google News.

And looking silly? Well it would matter if I cared :shrug:

Mate, there are videos around of online battles

Fair fair. Like I said, from what id read. Not going to deny reality but seeing as Nintendo will be getting the online together at the last minute, id expect some things to become available very close to release day, or even after.

In short, dont think the whole picture is there yet.

I didn't run the league, I was just the host of the races. I'm not sure if anyone is taking up the reins to run the league, we will have to see.

I would happily run it again, except will have to move the league night from Thursday to a different day.