NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Hopefully one of them is the real Mario Kart battle mode. The one everyone has wanted for the past few Mario Kart games.

??? Huh. Is t that what's here?

Don't understand why if there are new tracks they don't just say so.

Well exactly, doesn't make any sense. But then Nintendo don't make sense so possible.

??? Huh. Is t that what's here?

Proper battle mode is when you're simply eliminated when you lose all your balloons (but you get to drive around as a bomb).

Proper battle mode is when you're simply eliminated when you lose all your balloons (but you get to drive around as a bomb).

Those were the days, one last middle finger to your opponents. 5 if you had the banana peel trail.

maxresdefault-11.jpg

I see. Yeah I hope it's an option too. Though this is the best in general, I do enjoy stock matches in games.

Looks like there are no new tracks in race/campaign mode.

[TWEET]820575141851643904[/TWEET]

The Wii U version had also had 48 tracks once all the DLC had been released.

No extra tracks for single player is a shame, but I think this means they either have DLC planned for this or a new version is in the works for Switch.

Have we had solid confirmation on the RRP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No extra tracks for single player is a shame, but I think this means they either have DLC planned for this or a new version is in the works for Switch.

Have we had solid confirmation on the RRP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've seen it's £50. Wii U owners are having to pay top dollar for the same game but with a couple of new characters and a battle mode. Add to that the price of playing online and you can see why many are unhappy with what's on offer.

From what I've seen it's £50. Wii U owners are having to pay top dollar for the same game but with a couple of new characters and a battle mode. Add to that the price of playing online and you can see why many are unhappy with what's on offer.

So that's £10 less than Zelda. I can see Amazon / Tesco etc. selling at £39.99. Wii U games were £50 RRP but outside of Game never really sold for that much. £40 is a big ask, but I'll probably bite if I find it for a bit below that.

Edit: 1080p 60FPS is a big part of the draw for me personally.

Edited by Nicktendo

But it's not the same game and its not the same content. God dammit Geoff Hero :laughing:

But it's not the same game and its not the same content. God dammit Geoff Hero :laughing:

Haha. That's been used a lot on Gaf in various threads this weekend. :D

So that's £10 less than Zelda. I can see Amazon / Tesco etc. selling at £39.99. Wii U games were £50 RRP but outside of Game never really sold for that much. £40 is a big ask, but I'll probably bite if I find it for a bit below that.

Edit: 1080p 60FPS is a big part of the draw for me personally.

The one thing putting me off is knowing that I'll need to pay to play online now. My availability is quite sporadic and I'm not sure I can justify the cost.

Hopefully they announce more information regarding the cost of online soon.

Weren't Wii U games originally about £50 to £60 in stores around launch? ::shrug:

I remember being terrified of the cost at that time but it didn't seem to last. Hopefully the same will apply here :smile:

I really, really hope there's an option to just play the classic Elimination style from the first 5 MK games. The MK Wii and MK7 timed battle modes just aren't nearly as fun.

You just don't get that same tension and those same swear enducing moments that come from getting your last balloon popped by some bastard bomb buggy as their final middle finger to you.

You just don't get that same tension and those same swear enducing moments that come from getting your last balloon popped by some bastard bomb buggy as their final middle finger to you.

That's the name of my next Smash Hit Rap Album.

Weren't Wii U games originally about £50 to £60 in stores around launch? ::shrug:

I remember being terrified of the cost at that time but it didn't seem to last. Hopefully the same will apply here :smile:

Yep they were

Ithink in the brick and mortor shops they possibly were or at like £40.

They decreased very quickly as it became apparent that the console was going to be a massive flop.

It seems odd to spend a lot of time including Splatoon assets for just a battle level. I'm sure we'll see a Splatoon track and they are just saving this as a surprise, maybe they'll announce it is coming a month after launch as free DLC. I don't think anyone would be cool paying for DLC without any new cups in the core game.

Was hoping to see some older tracks brought back to life in Deluxe. MK8 really is the ultimate Mario Kart aside from not having all past tracks.

One other feature I'd like them to add is a way to compare time trial records with friends. If I remember rightly this is not really possible currently. Mario Kart Wii had a great way of doing this that didn't make it into MK8.

£45 (£43 with Prime) on Amazon at the moment.

861293.gif?b64lines=IEkgY2FuIGdvIGFzIGxvdyBhcyA0MyBwb3VuZHMuCgpLZWVwIFNsaWRpbmc=

Don't want to set myself up for pain. But I really think Wii u owners are going to get a discount. Digital owners.

Geez, you wait for a proper Battle Mode and then five come along at once!

C2thSH5WgAAmskg.jpg

Coin Runners and Shine Thief seem to be making a return along with some new mode involving Piranha Plants.

There's also going to be at least one new Amiibo costume for the Miis. It's a Splatoon based one.

Edited by Glen-i

Geez, you wait for a proper Battle Mode and then five come along at once..

Hopefully we'll have the classic 'last man standing' approach that worked so well in the earlier Mario Kart games. The N64 battle mode was the last one I played and genuinely enjoyed :blank:

Hopefully we'll have the classic 'last man standing' approach that worked so well in the earlier Mario Kart games. The N64 battle mode was the last one I played and genuinely enjoyed :blank:

I wouldn't get your hopes up for that.

In fact, you might as well stamp on those dreams right now.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for that.

In fact, you might as well stamp on those dreams right now.

My dream is for Mario Kart 64 to be made to work online on Switch :heh: