NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Shame it's not a launch title, but I guess Zelda is a big enough draw for most people at launch and this should give a nice boost to sales a month after launch. I'll definitely be double dipping, love me so Dry Bones.

Why wasn't this discussed during the conference

I'm wondering the same thing.

The sizzle reel showed lots of games which were more interresting than the ones discussed in the presentation.

Anyways, I think this looks brilliant. Although I wish Nintendo could offer some sort of discount for those who have the Wii U version.

Mario Kart 8 *is* the best Mario Kart, but unless this has new racing tracks, this may prove to be a hard sell for many...

Not enough information, what about new tracks?, weapons, characters, when is it out? Drop the details in a concise way, please Nintendo.

Not enough information, what about new tracks?, weapons, characters, when is it out? Drop the details in a concise way, please Nintendo.

It's out in April

Mario Kart 8 *is* the best Mario Kart, but unless this has new racing tracks, this may prove to be a hard sell for many...

It does have new tracks :)

It's out in April

It does have new tracks :)

Has new battle mode tracks. But not racing tracks does it? In the list of new features it doesn't mention this. If not it is truly staggering.

Glad to see they look like they're fixing the battle mode. With that and a few extra things I'll definitely pick it up.

From the press release:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: With Nintendo Switch, fans can enjoy the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 anywhere, anytime, even with up to 8 friends in local wireless multiplayer. All your favourite tracks and characters return from the Wii U version, plus all DLC tracks and characters, and new characters join the roster, too: Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.! Plus, battle Mode has been revamped and includes Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast, with all-new courses such as Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, and returning ones like (GCN) Luigi’s Mansion and (SNES) Battle Course 1. Players can now carry two items at a time, including new items returning from previous Mario Kart games such as Boo, the item-stealing ghost, and the Feather, which gives you a high jump in battle mode. Players can even choose to use a new Smart Steering feature which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids, even at 200cc. Play in TV mode in up to 1080p. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches on 28th April and will be available for £49.99 on the Nintendo Official UK Store.

Great game that I'm definitely not buying again.

I wonder if the DLC is bundled or not.

Edit: ok it is. Good

Has new battle mode tracks. But not racing tracks does it? In the list of new features it doesn't mention this. If not it is truly staggering.

I'm not too bothered by that as the game already has 48 tracks included

Edited by Helmsly

It's looking more and more likely that two items is the only option available.

Hope you like Ultra-defensive Mario Kart!

Will online servers close on the Wii U version when the Switch subscription service begins?

I highly doubt it

Will online servers close on the Wii U version when the Switch subscription service begins?

I doubt it. Nintendo mentioned in the press releases that playing online games on Wii U and 3DS is still free.

Charging full whack for what is essentially a 3 year old game with the DLC bundled in is pretty audacious.

If it was £30, then I'd be interested in shelling out again. I quite enjoyed Mario Kart 8 all in all.

Love Mario Kart, but yes, without new racing tracks this is a zero buy for me. Since it's not due out for a while, wouldn't surprise me if there ARE new tracks, though and they're just holding off showing them.

Love Mario Kart, but yes, without new racing tracks this is a zero buy for me. Since it's not due out for a while, wouldn't surprise me if there ARE new tracks, though and they're just holding off showing them.

Its only a month after launch. I find it staggering they are basically sticking two fingers up at Wii U owners! I'll buy this because I'm a mug, but it's yet another awful decision. I really hope journalists quiz Nintendo on some of this stuff but they never do.

I don't understand why this isn't a launch game. It's a port! They've had two years to get it ready for launch! Whaaaaaaaa!?

Must be a conscious decision to delay it for some reason, but I can't think why.

Sent from my *redacted* using Tapatalk

I don't understand why this isn't a launch game. It's a port! They've had two years to get it ready for launch! Whaaaaaaaa!?

Must be a conscious decision to delay it for some reason, but I can't think why.

Sent from my *redacted* using Tapatalk

Staggered releases so there are no droughts since people kept bitching about droughts. Simple as that.