NEurope
Hogge

Arms

Yeah, it's a shame though as the core game is fantastic.

Would've been great if there was more incentive to replay the single player on higher difficulty too, those pictures you get at the moment aren't exactly up to much. I also really enjoy that get arms mini-game, but not a fan of the time limit. Wish there was an endless version that really ramped up the speed and complexity of the targets (a la WarioWare) the more you played. Miss 3 targets and it ends, or something like that. ::shrug:Would also be a nice way to listen to that awesome music for longer. ;)

The new update that adds the badges should be out today or tomorrow, depending on timezones.

I love me some unlockables so I may have to fire the game back up once this hits and see what the deal is with these badges.

• Thanks 1

Good stuff.

Speaking of badges, I wish they would incorporate this kind of thing into My Nintendo already. The fact that you can earn coins via Nintendo's mobile titles but not mainline Switch games is ridiculous. My Nintendo could be a nice take on the achievement/trophy systems from other platforms with seemingly not much effort at all. :hmm:

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Good stuff.

Speaking of badges, I wish they would incorporate this kind of thing into My Nintendo already. The fact that you can earn coins via Nintendo's mobile titles but not mainline Switch games is ridiculous. My Nintendo could be a nice take on the achievement/trophy systems from other platforms with seemingly not much effort at all. :hmm:

They really need to get My Nintendo sorted. The rewards are pretty pathetic, so much so that even if they did link in game achievements to dish out coins, you would still end up with nothing to spend them on. I'm sitting on a stupid amount of platinum and gold coins at the moment but they seem pretty worthless given what's on offer.

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They really need to get My Nintendo sorted. The rewards are pretty pathetic, so much so that even if they did link in game achievements to dish out coins, you would still end up with nothing to spend them on. I'm sitting on a stupid amount of platinum and gold coins at the moment but they seem pretty worthless given what's on offer.

Yeah, I’ve also got a substantial amount of coins saved up. Hopefully when the Switch specific rewards finally appear things improve. Even if it’s just stuff like themes (this must be happening at some point) or minor things to unlock in games, just having way more variety in the rewards would really help I reckon.

Had a great session on this yesterday after the update hit, already got most of the badges! :):

oQPMFQT.jpg

Unless that screen scrolls once you fill it up... :heh:

Unlocked a few badges retroactively upon starting the game but a lot of them require you to re-do stuff. Makes sense though I guess, otherwise I would've obtained the majority of the badges in that picture above in one go.

Anyway, it's a nice addition to the game and I like how you can attach a badge to your profile/username (I got the one for clearing difficulty level 7 on mine :cool:) but it doesn't look like it's going to take too long to collect 'em all.

The replay saving feature is also a great addition, particularly in combination with the new Switch system update and video recording.

One strange thing, however, is the disappearance of the "Events" button which was added in version 2.0. :hmm: Would be a shame if Nintendo have decided to drop that before even running a single event!

• Like 1

Ah, so that page will indeed scroll. :hehe:

Also...

• Win the Grand Prix at level 7 with every character

Daaaaaaamn! :eek: Forget what I said about it probably not taking long to complete the badges. :laughing:

Just now, RedShell said:

Ah, so that page will indeed scroll. :hehe:

Also...

Daaaaaaamn! :eek: Forget what I said about it probably not taking long to complete the badges. :laughing:

I doubt I would ever get them all anyway. No way will I be able to win 10 ranked matches in a row.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I doubt I would ever get them all anyway. No way will I be able to win 10 ranked matches in a row.

Yeah, that one could be tricky too. Especially for those that have already played ranked a bit (I’m currently at level 10) I imagine it’ll be slightly easier starting from scratch vs lower rank opponents.

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, that one could be tricky too. Especially for those that have already played ranked a bit (I’m currently at level 10) I imagine it’ll be slightly easier starting from scratch vs lower rank opponents.

I don't think i've even touched ranked mode yet. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't think i've even touched ranked mode yet. 

It’s pretty good. 2 round fights and no items, can get super intense at times. :smile:

Had a quick look at the new character, very cool. :cool: Not quite sure what's going on with that floating colour changing thingy, looks like it might be similar to Shulk's arts in Smash Bros. though.

This update has also added an online event! (Was worried they might have scrapped those.) It starts next Wednesday and appears to reward using specific characters/arms with coins and special badges.

I'm not too keen on the new guy, seems a bit too slow for my liking. Guess practice will highlight his strong points.

+1 for MissingNo

7 hours ago, nekunando said:

I haven't even had a chance to check out Lola Pop yet..

Too many games :eek:

Same, loves this game, things just got in the way, definitely going to try and get back into it, try new characters, get badges, do this event.... Maybe....

3 hours ago, MindFreak said:

But does it also apply to Europe?

Think it starts today at 3pm for Europe.

• Thanks 1

I've been playing the game on and off all afternoon since the event started. It's quite fun. Although I'm not sure how the rewards work. Do you unlock badges for both Spring Man and Ribbon Girl once you reach level 5 and 10 or is there more rewards to be had?

59 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've been playing the game on and off all afternoon since the event started. It's quite fun. Although I'm not sure how the rewards work. Do you unlock badges for both Spring Man and Ribbon Girl once you reach level 5 and 10 or is there more rewards to be had?

I believe you get the badges of the character you used the most during the event.

Had a few games earlier too, it’s pretty good. The one hit K.O. and unlimited rush attack games are crazy! I also like how it changes up the lobby and sound effects to be really hyper. :laughing:

• Thanks 1

I'm Team Ribbon Girl. She's been winning in most the lobbies ive been in. I quite like how your forced into using different weapons in order to get the bonuses.

Dat feeling when you get a win with a x3 multiplier and have a bonus arm equipped.