NEurope
Hogge

Arms

4 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Anyone up for some online this weekend?!

Can do. Except Saturday night

So it seems the update has a new hedlock mode, players fight for the mask the. E shrine against them. Sounds amazing. 

The patch notes sound great.

I've not been able to check yet but apparently we now have stats and a new "event" feature which sounds a bit like tournaments in MK.

Brass is a great edition to the roster, just played through the GP with him on level 4 and it seemed harder?

Love the stats screen. Although there is now a gold badge you can earn for beating the 1vs100 mode with every character and beating the Grand Prix with every character...... ON LEVEL FREAKING 7!!!!!

Also, Hedlok is massively overpowered, you just become a wrecking machine if you get his mask

OK, n00b question time:

- Having trouble with charging hits. Someone give me a beginners guide!

- Anyone playing with Min Min much? Are you having much luck with her special moves? I'm not :/

Got this for my birthday last week and struggling to get to grips with it. It's a lot tougher than I thought it would be, I've only managed to complete the GP at level 3 so far. I tried level 4 but couldn't chain any wins together. 

I think I enjoy the one on one fighting and the V-Ball and B-Ball have grown on me but I can't get the hang of skills shot at all. Anytime it crops up in the GP I know I'm in for a frustrating few minutes as I lose over and over to the CPU before getting lucky and winning one. I think there is a good game in here somewhere but the randomised nature of the GP, not knowing who you're going to face in what event, is pretty frustrating. Unfortunately I'm not really one for online multiplayer so that, added to the fact I'm dreadful at the game means I don't feel like the online aspect is something that I'll use all that much.

I think I could really like this game if the single player was solely one v one fights and had more of a traditional narrative but as it is it's just a kind of enjoyable distraction in-between other games. 

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

Got this for my birthday last week and struggling to get to grips with it. It's a lot tougher than I thought it would be, I've only managed to complete the GP at level 3 so far. I tried level 4 but couldn't chain any wins together. 

I think I enjoy the one on one fighting and the V-Ball and B-Ball have grown on me but I can't get the hang of skills shot at all. Anytime it crops up in the GP I know I'm in for a frustrating few minutes as I lose over and over to the CPU before getting lucky and winning one. I think there is a good game in here somewhere but the randomised nature of the GP, not knowing who you're going to face in what event, is pretty frustrating. Unfortunately I'm not really one for online multiplayer so that, added to the fact I'm dreadful at the game means I don't feel like the online aspect is something that I'll use all that much.

I think I could really like this game if the single player was solely one v one fights and had more of a traditional narrative but as it is it's just a kind of enjoyable distraction in-between other games. 

If I'm honest, I think you'll struggle to get value from this on that basis.

The single player offering is slim and no more than training for the online modes really. That's where the real game is in both party and ranked modes.

Dataminers have found that some new characters could be on the way.

From NintendoLife

ARMS is getting a new update this week, and although the official stance is that it will introduce balancing changes, dataminers have uncovered evidence that something more substantial could be coming to the game soon.

Digging through the game's code, a list of character names has been found. Some of these are nicknames for existing fighters - we're guessing they were internal names for characters before their final monikers were decided upon - but not all of them match up:

• Belt (Max Brass)
  • Chain
  • Coil
  • DNA (Helix)
  • Hair (Twintelle)
  • Mee (Min Min)
  • Mummy (Mummy)
  • Ninja (Ninjara)
  • Plant
  • Police (Byte and Bark)
  • Ribbon (Ribbon Girl)
  • Robo
  • Scroll
  • Snake (Kid Cobra)
  • Spring (Spring Man)
  • Sumo
  • Surprise
  • Sweet
  • Twintale
  • Worker (Mechanica)
  • BossHead (Hedlok)
  • RNA (Dummies)

Could some of these names refer to characters that were removed before the game was finished, or are they all-new fighters which will be added via DLC? Let us know your thoughts by posting a comment.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Great news, that's a lot of extra characters. This, Mario kart and Splatoon really is a great combo of multilayer games!

And party mode is one of the best ideas for online gaming I've ever seen. Every game should do this!!

Want to get back into this but Splatoon is like smack. anyone fancy organising a night on this soon

Just had a go on the Test Punch, but disappointingly can't get into it. I hoped I would enjoy it, but even when I win it just feels like pure luck.

Is there anyone here who owns this and really likes it?

On 26/08/2017 at 9:45 PM, DuD said:

Just had a go on the Test Punch, but disappointingly can't get into it. I hoped I would enjoy it, but even when I win it just feels like pure luck.

Is there anyone here who owns this and really likes it?

I own it and absolutely love it. But I love it half an hour into the test punch, so if that didn’t work for you... the game definitely doesn’t feel like luck though, I actually think there’s a surprising amount of depth to the game. 

• Like 1

I had another go earlier, same result. I guess it just isn't for me.

I wanted to like it as I'm missing a decent fighting game. I don't want to pay £35 for Street Fighter and Pocket Rumble seems to be taking forever. 

Nice to see they're still bringing new content to this.

Not played it that much since Splatoon 2 came out, and there seem to be way less people online when I do. :blank: Perhaps these badges/achievements will get people onboard again.

I hope Nintendo eventually add this game to the Nintendo Online app and give it a Splatnet style function, that would be cool.

Just now, RedShell said:

Not played it that much since Splatoon 2 came out, and there seem to be way less people online when I do. :blank: Perhaps these badges/achievements will get people onboard again.

I think they really did launch it at the wrong time. The game got dropped HARD once Splatoon arrived. The game also needed more modes to play around with. Outside of a couple of N-E nights, the game got boring for me pretty fast due to the lack of content.

It really needed it when it came out.  I feel like if they do SplatNet style info boards then they've missed the boat.  Still I wouldn't complain, and it might drag me back into it.

Edited by londragon
deleting double video