NEurope
Hogge

Arms

I didn't get online until 10.30pm and you'd all buggered off by then. Played a handful of games and to be honest I didn't like it. Hoping it will grow on me.

It definitely made it more enjoyable playing with N-E'ers so hopefully the game will come to life for you once we manage to organise a game all together :)

Good fun last night, when there are four of you does it take away the hedlock battle??

Although on paper I thought I had a nice free evening I actually turned out being a bit rude sat in my brother's house playing this while he just half watched half wondered what was going on, so had to finish up earlier than planned!

Good fun last night, when there are four of you does it take away the hedlock battle??

Yeah, I think this is the case. :(

I had fun last night but it started to get a little samey by the end of the session, which was one of my worries with the game. I think it needs more variety if it wants to keep me interested.

Well that's a shame, although I guess perhaps when there's a few more you might get put in a 3 v headlock battle while others play something else!

It's great fun for what it is, but hopefully more variety is brought into the mix. I know it's unpopular with some but that's why I like Splatoon's rotation system as I found it kept things fresh or, with the case of Splatfests, made you want to play at certain times for a good reason :)

I still loved it. It'd help if we rotated characters I think, as you develop strategies against different ones, wish there was just a random option so it changed every game. 

5 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I still loved it. It'd help if we rotated characters I think, as you develop strategies against different ones, wish there was just a random option so it changed every game. 

Yeah, a random option would be most welcome in mixing things up. Maybe one will get added with one of the many planned updates?

I finally unlocked Ranked Mode this evening :smile:

Having slowly worked my way through Levels 1-3, I took Twintelle into my first Level 4 Grand Prix, a character I hadn't yet used, and actually found the process very straightforward.. at least until the final battle which took quite a few attempts :heh: In that particular fight, the weapons I was up against was a significant factor in my falure or success!

I've been stuck on Max Brass on level 5 for a bit but beat it tonight playing really defensively.

To the guys just in The Mole's lobby - sorry I just jumped in and left a bit early too. Some cracking fights though - not had a draw until tonight and we all seem so closely matched on this.

This is itching for us to setup a tournament on.

I've been loving this online.  Wish I could join you boys for a game, but the only time I can get on is like 5-8am your time.  Just when you think you're getting to grips with it, and fighting more strategically, a hardcore Japanese player totally annihilates me.  Someone playing as Twintelle nearly perfected me, I managed to get 2 hits on them right before the end of the match.  Still haven't finished Level 4 either.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Right. When's our next session?

I could probably play tomorrow night :hehe:

I joined @RedShell online this morning briefly but it just wouldn't pair us together. Unfortunately,  this was followed by several connection errors so it just wasn't to be!

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

I could probably play tomorrow night :hehe:

I joined @RedShell online this morning briefly but it just wouldn't pair us together. Unfortunately,  this was followed by several connection errors so it just wasn't to be!

Yep, sounds good to me. 9?10?

Anyone else? 

@Hero-of-Time @V. Amoleo @DazzeL @Aneres11 @Clownferret @Kaepora_Gaebora  @Serebii @londragon @flameboy

19 minutes ago, DazzeL said:

I'm not on tonight guys but will catch you next time.

Neither are we. We're playing tomorrow :D

40 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Ah completely missed that. I won't be able to make it. Have fun!

4 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Still no good for me as I race in an F1 2016 league on Sunday nights!

Pleased to get a few games in guys but got to dash on to F1 now.

We so badly need voice chat, less fun playing in silence but some good games there.

Beat the game on level 4 to unlock the ranked battles...

Not sure on the single player, it had its moments certainly, but ultimately it's just 10 bouts and then done. Online is still definitely the way to go!

Although in my battle with Hedlock, in the final round we were both one hit away from a KO, he hit me and the KO screen came up, but I'd thrown a rogue punch just in time that landed on my way down and we got a double KO! Which was a great moment that almost woke my baby up!!

Anyone up for some arms tonight?

Single player isn’t amazing, the little biff moments, the ending screen and the fact it’s so hard it really develops your strategies and get to know the characters are just enough for me to finish it with everyone.... plus I have to get those stars or I won’t be able to sleep...

1 hour ago, dazzybee said:

Anyone up for some arms tonight?

Single player isn’t amazing, the little biff moments, the ending screen and the fact it’s so hard it really develops your strategies and get to know the characters are just enough for me to finish it with everyone.... plus I have to get those stars or I won’t be able to sleep...

I'll play later :hehe:

I love the game and am hoping the single player will eventually encourage me to try out different characters and combinations as I progress. I haven't tried half of the fighters yet!

Potentially Saturday night I could be yes, my birthday celebrations on Sunday (think I'm getting MK!) And working in the evening then and tonight, so tomorrow night could be up for some online fun! 

Getting frustrated with the SP already, Spring man is utter rubbish!!