NEurope
Hogge

Arms

And yes, I was using sly tactics to win by the end ;)

You did what you had to. :D

Ah man, wish I was on late enough to join in with this tonight. Sounds awesome!

It was such a laugh and that was with just 3 of us. I imagine things will become more hilarious once more people jump in.

Impressed with the online stability as well, actually, didn't notice any issues my end considering the WiFi connection hasn't always been great with the console itself.

Yup. It was very smooth. It's weird because I can't actually watch any of the videos on the Switch using wifi without it having to buffer, yet gameplay wise this was fine.

The grab and throw was killing me last night. As Dazzy said, every time someone grabbed a player, the other person was just waiting to get the grab straight after. Dazzy was using Mechnica which made it a little more difficult because she does a jump and spin after she using a throw move.

There were lots of highlights from the session last night. JBS cracking under pressure in numerous fights ( seriously, there was one where he just had to land a single punch to defeat Dazzy but just couldn't hit it ), myself and JBS doing our specials on Dazyy one after the other, JBS hiding behind the pillar, us finally defeating a level 6 Headlok and then beating a level 7 not long after...good times. :grin:

Before last nights session I played a bit of single player and defeated Grand Prix on rank 4 again but this time with Spring Man.

DCvdLOkUAAQ5Mrk.jpg

DCvdPqSUQAA5WTZ.jpg

DCvdT_pVYAEoux9.jpg

I think I've probably been spoiled after last night, how is this game going to live up to that!

Hopefully I'll get to crack on with some single player soon (and learn the art of closing out matches...) But I'll be up for some more multiplayer first and foremost :)

I could see 1 v 1 getting boring after a bit but with at least 3 of us that was such good fun with each of us having our moment to shine!

I'm at a networking event tonight, probably be back about 21:30/22:00 if anyone's up for it

I'm at a networking event tonight, probably be back about 21:30/22:00 if anyone's up for it

I will probably be up for some more matches if there are at least 3 of us. I don't think i'll be on as long as I was yesterday, though. I usually get up at half 5-6 for work and I really felt it this morning. :D In the future, if possible, starting earlier would be more ideal for me.

I snapped up some ARMS wallpaper for my phone from the My Nintendo site. It's not like i'm gonna be using the coins for anything else so figured I would brighten up my screen.

I see ARMS nabbed 2nd place in the UK charts. Not bad at all for a new IP and being in the UK.

Reading this page, Arms sounds like a blast. How many can play multiplayer?

I might have to get this.

I think a Party Match Lobby holds up to 20 players. Everyone then gets matched into various game types such as 1v1, 2v2, 3 players vs a boss, volleyball matches, target smashes and basketball matches. Every time you win a match you win money/points and its the first player in the lobby to reach a certain amount. You get 3 for a win 1 for a loss.

Myself, Dazzy and JBS had an absolute blast on this last night and that was with just 3 of us. I can't imagine the insanity if we had a N-E lobby of 20 people...

Yeah I could be on tonight again I think, potentially could do earlier if there's a few of us tonight, if not when you're back Dazzy we can start the insanity again!

Tomorrow night could be a go'er as well, moving house at the mo and just waiting for confirmation but looks like all day tomorrow is moving with me and my little one staying at my parents, if that's the case I can get in on their WiFi and join the battle again!

What time would you be on from tonight @Hero\-of\-Time?

Did you try the test punch? I presume not.

The game is fantastic, and multiplayer is so so good. This party room idea is absolutely perfect, would prefer Mario kart to do it too! And splatoon.

Well worth it. Voice chat would be bonkers. But even messaging would be good, wind each other up between games :D

I'll message when I'm back or just join if others join you. I'd be interested to see what happens when a private room is in the middle of the game. Is it injoinable, or can you join mid match - which would be ideal!!

What time would you be on from tonight @Hero\-of\-Time?

Any time really, just as long as there's at least 3 of us. I imagine it would get stale pretty fast just 1v1 all the time.

Any time really, just as long as there's at least 3 of us. I imagine it would get stale pretty fast just 1v1 all the time.

Agreed, especially when I'm failing again and again to put a fight to bed :p

Cool, anyone else about earlier on, or are we waiting for Dazzy around 10pm?

My poor lad struggled to get off to sleep in this heat, just popped him down now so will update switch then head online @Hero\-of\-Time and any other Arms players if you're about :)

Guess it ain't happening tonight as nobody is on. Oh well. At least I can get an early night tonight.

I was playing online earlier with RedShell. I jumped into the lobby he was playing in and spent a large amount of time in it. The game just would not pair us up for a 1v1. I think we got every other match but that! Still, it was fun playing with him and the randoms. I'm sure we teamed up and butchered a few guys when it was the free for all matches. :D

Yeah sorry guys. The event went on later and just got back. I'm completely free rest of the week so definitely up for it, earlier too if that's best.

Without any N-E'ers online I decided to have a bash at a Grand Prix just now before bed; having read a few people saying level 4 was too difficult straight off the bat, I went in at level 2 and breezed through apart from the v ball and target matches which I had to redo.

Perhaps I got a good education last night with Dazzy and Hero, but I'll be putting myself up against level 4 next time to give myself a challenge! It's a shame it's just one fight after another without much story but I guess not only is it a beat em up, Nintendo obviously will have spent the majority of the time on the game mechanics and making sure they are right, which they are!

Guess it ain't happening tonight as nobody is on. Oh well. At least I can get an early night tonight.

I was playing online earlier with RedShell. I jumped into the lobby he was playing in and spent a large amount of time in it. The game just would not pair us up for a 1v1. I think we got every other match but that! Still, it was fun playing with him and the randoms. I'm sure we teamed up and butchered a few guys when it was the free for all matches. :D

I have to say, I miss @RedShell around here :hmm:

Anyway.. who is in for Wednesday night? Getting destroyed by you guys might help me get better :heh:

Edited by nekunando

I have to say, I miss @RedShell around here :hmm:

Anyway.. who is in for Wednesday night? Getting destroyed by you guys might help me get better :heh:

We all do. :(

Playing with him was pretty funny. Because we can't communicate with each other on the Switch, we both just kept hitting the button to make our ARMS icon move. When we won a match or got paired together we kept hammering the button. It felt like an even more basic version of the communication features in Triforce Heroes. :D

I may jump on for a bit, depends on other things.

I may do a stream of me doing the Grand Prix with the Pokkén controller later

Yeah I'm up for tonight. Shall we say 9?

Yeah, i'll be up for it, providing that we get 3 or more players.

I'm pretty certain I'll be there so that should guarantee at least 3 of us :grin: I'm not sure if I'm mentally prepared for the punishment I'll receive, though :heh:

I'm pretty certain I'll be there so that should guarantee at least 3 of us :grin: I'm not sure if I'm mentally prepared for the punishment I'll receive, though :heh:

You'll be fine. It's all in good fun. Feel free to gang up on @dazzybee if the opportunity arises. :D

I'll have to let you know later, house move happening today so depends where I'm sleeping tonight!!

Dude, you're a dad now.. we both know you're not sleeping anywhere :heh:

Hopefully you can make it! I should be experiencing the joy of moving next month where better internet awaits :grin:

You scared fighting me on your own...?

Yeah its good fun, that's all that matters; plus it s a great way to learn, you could see JBS get better as the night went on.