NEurope
Hogge

Arms

I hope this app will be a lot better than most of us fear - there were some encouraging interviews at E3 talking about a competitive MP focus designed to bring eSports to the masses and online is part of this strategy.

The more I've played ARMS, the more it has grown on me.

I really like it. I finished difficulty 4 and have played quite a few online matches, I've had most success taking it slow and playing this more like a game of chess trying to dodge and then hit people when they're open. It's definitely not a button masher.

It needs some sort of leaderboards for ranked mode and some stats but maybe they'll come with the app.

This would really suit a weekly tournament too by the way!

It seems, like other people here, the Testpunch gave me a false sense of ability. Went in on level 3 and got trashed.

Was anybody else expecting Biff to be voiced?

It seems, like other people here, the Testpunch gave me a false sense of ability. Went in on level 3 and got trashed.

Was anybody else expecting Biff to be voiced?

I always knew my fighting ability would be exposed shortly after launch and I'll be amazed if I can even compete in ranked mode (if I ever unlock it :heh:)

I'm going to try to work my way up through the levels in Grand Prix and hope that I improve as I go..

Right, I keep asking, no one is biting, does anyone play online on this from?

@Hero\-of\-Time @Serebii @nekunado @v.amoleo @DazzeL @Aneres11

If even two of us agree a time and date, then surely the room set up means anyone could then join us?!

Right, I keep asking, no one is biting, does anyone play online on this from?

@Hero\-of\-Time @Serebii @nekunado @v.amoleo @DazzeL @Aneres11

If even two of us agree a time and date, then surely the room set up means anyone could then join us?!

Add my Switch friend code, always happy for a game whenever I'm on until we sort out a proper event for this.

Add my Switch friend code, always happy for a game whenever I'm on until we sort out a proper event for this.

Added. Post 8/9 is good for me most nights once my kid is asleep. Tell us when you're free and hopefully we can get a game.

I will see what I can do and let y'all know.

I'm really finding my feet (or should that be Arms... :P ) with this game now.

Played difficulty 4 again and did it much easier than my first play through.

I find it hugely rewarding. When I am able to chain together a series of hits and dodge opponents punches to turn defense into offense is really pleasing for a fighting game.

One thing this is not, is a button masher. And I think that's part of what makes it so tricky to get into, but also adds that reward factor.

I also absolutely LOVE all of these characters. I just wish that there was a bit more story to them. Some animated sections at the end would be most welcome for me.

Do wish there was a bit more content for the single player, but as a multiplayer game it truly excels itself.

Pleased I picked it up, looking forward to completing it with all the characters and then trying to move up with difficulty.

I'm really finding my feet (or should that be Arms... :P ) with this game now.

Played difficulty 4 again and did it much easier than my first play through.

I find it hugely rewarding. When I am able to chain together a series of hits and dodge opponents punches to turn defense into offense is really pleasing for a fighting game.

Same here.

I played through the campaign on the easiest difficulty with Ribbon Girl. I figured I had already unlocked ranked mode so I may as well give myself an easier time. Turns out that you don't get to see a characters ending shot if you play on anything lower than 4.

DCnlFzPUwAA1ton.jpg

DCnlLPjUMAAizSW.jpg

I later fired the game back up and tackled difficulty 4 again. I hit the random character select button and this gave me Kid Cobra. I proceeded to make my way through the game with relative easy and nabbed his ending shot.

DCnlSL6VwAEf8Lc.jpg

DCnlXECUQAA7_Zl.jpg

DCnlb1eVoAEW8hU.jpg

I dislike how the game doesn't save that ending picture in an unlockable album or something. I'm just having to keep a hold of them on my Switch album at the moment.

I do think the single player could have been fleshed out a lot more. It's all very basic and they could have easily added some cutscenes with the characters interacting with each other.

Added. Post 8/9 is good for me most nights once my kid is asleep. Tell us when you're free and hopefully we can get a game.

Are you about tonight just after 10 or so for a game?

Picked this up today, won't have had a chance to play it until then...but what could possibly go wrong with a baptism of fire, eh? ;)

Provided my boy stays asleep when I get back in from football just before 10 I could be firing it up then!

Picked this up today, won't have had a chance to play it until then...but what could possibly go wrong with a baptism of fire, eh? ;)

Provided my boy stays asleep when I get back in from football just before 10 I could be firing it up then!

Let's do it, so presuming it works like I think, we'll have a room open for people to jin us from 10 if people fancy it

@Hero\-of\-Time @V\. Amoleo @DazzeL @Aneres11

I do think the single player could have been fleshed out a lot more. It's all very basic and they could have easily added some cutscenes with the characters interacting with each other.

What are the stars underneath some of your rounds? Perfect?!

And yeah, it's the biggest disappointment; the ending image is JUST enough for me to keep going (and that it's logged on the character select), but the characters are so so good, the world iso mental and bizarre I'd love to know more and see it come alive a little.

Oh. Hang on. You CAN join friends. I've just joined @DazzeL go to friends Andre it says joinable. Unless they're private rooms...?!

Happy to join a big group or prefer to just us?

Oh. Hang on. You CAN join friends. I've just joined @DazzeL go to friends Andre it says joinable. Unless they're private rooms...?!

You're right! It appears to be like Mario Kart where you can jump into a friends game. Happy days!

I've set up a private room instead.

You're right! It appears to be like Mario Kart where you can jump into a friends game. Happy days!

Yep. Phew!! They're not utterly stupid then. Wish it highlighted friends though, inner DazzeL didn't even realise he was fighting me... might change my name to dazzybee

Just about to fire it up now, so I'll find you and join you, happy either way, literally first go though!

Also if I suddenly stop or anything might be because I've got daddy duties to attend to...

Yep. Phew!! They're not utterly stupid then. Wish it highlighted friends though, inner DazzeL didn't even realise he was fighting me... might change my name to dazzybee

What's your friend code and I'll join you for a few games. I can't sleep in this heat anyway. :D

What's your friend code and I'll join you for a few games. I can't sleep in this heat anyway. :D

Though I have to accept don't I. And can't access menu from a private room...

I should've turned off 3 player matches so it gave us 1 v 1

Oh. It does.

I should've turned off 3 player matches so it gave us 1 v 1

Oh. It does.

Haha. Yeah, close match! I had a handicap at the start as you started with a powered up special!

The three way fights are such a laugh. It's a throw fest! :D

The amount you two gang up on me in the free for All's....

Not fair it gave hero the extra match at the end there. If I got it I could've won :)

Yeah 3 player is funny. But wish it rotated with 1 v 1 more frequently.

Shall I take away headlock?

The amount you two gang up on me in the free for All's.... ��

Not fair it gave hero the extra match at the end there. If I got it I could've won :)

Yeah 3 player is funny. But wish it rotated with 1 v 1 more frequently.

I was gunning for you as you were catching me on points. :D

Ah man this is good fun!

Sorry about throwing all the time haha, it's all I've got...

I enjoyed the headlock battles as well, three of us working together :)

...but Def enjoyed ganging up on you more, Dazzy :p

One of them went through the net :)

Ah man this is good fun!

Sorry about throwing all the time haha, it's all I've got...

I enjoyed the headlock battles as well, three of us working together :)

...but Def enjoyed ganging up on you more, Dazzy :p

The game is amazing!!!!