NEurope
Hogge

Arms

I'm very torn on this one.

I kind of felt it was fun but shallow. If it's good online then maybe.

IMG_20170615_1759403_zpsuxonvtsb.jpg

ShopTo in early delivery shocker!

Thought there days of this were over!

I hate that you can't customize the controls in this. I was hoping the controls were only locked during the Testounch but it appears you can't alter them in the full game. I want the left punch to be on Y and the right on A as if its like your arms on opposite sides. I keep boosting instead on throwing a left punch. Very annoying!

I'm finding this a bit slow paced at the moment. Also not sure where to set the difficulty as I chose '4' originally but got soundly beaten. Changed to '3' and the same thing happened.

But yeah, really slow paced and not frantic enough, which isn't something I felt with the punch fire?

The thought of going through 10 fights feels like it will be a bit of a slog, especially after playing the likes of street fighter where it's very quick round after round. Kinda how I think fighting games should be.

But I'll keep on. I didn't play much at all so hopefully tomorrow night and over the weekend I'll get to grips with it more.

I hate that you can't customize the controls in this. I was hoping the controls were only locked during the Testounch but it appears you can't alter them in the full game. I want the left punch to be on Y and the right on A as if its like your arms on opposite sides. I keep boosting instead on throwing a left punch. Very annoying!

During the Testpunch you could change the left and right punches to the ZL and ZR buttons. Is that not available?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

You can still punch with ZL and ZR as that's what I'm using.

Im quite enjoying this from the hour or so I've played so far. It is fairly slow but I like this as it makes it feel more controlled

and deliberate.

I'm not sure what control scheme will end up working out to be more effective - the movement is definitely better on the pro controller but curving punches is quite difficult I'm finding.

I'm struggling through difficulty 4 but it's really tough.

I was lulled into a false sense of security by the testpunch. I'm getting my arse kicked

During the Testpunch you could change the left and right punches to the ZL and ZR buttons. Is that not available?

You can still punch with ZL and ZR as that's what I'm using.

Yup. That what I have had to revert to. It's not an ideal setup for me but it's a lot better than using A and B.

I'm finding this a bit slow paced at the moment. Also not sure where to set the difficulty as I chose '4' originally but got soundly beaten. Changed to '3' and the same thing happened.

But yeah, really slow paced and not frantic enough, which isn't something I felt with the punch fire?

The thought of going through 10 fights feels like it will be a bit of a slog, especially after playing the likes of street fighter where it's very quick round after round. Kinda how I think fighting games should be.

I'm finding the single player to be a snooze fest. Like you said, it's very slow, especially when I have been playing the likes of Injustice 2, Tekken 7 and Street Fighter II in recent weeks.

The difficulty is being complained about from a lot of people. It's pretty challenging but even on the easiest settings people are still having trouble. I wonder if this gets tweaked in a patch.

I have a couple of niggles with the online setup of this. I couldn't find an option to join a friends lobby. I'm not talking about a lobby just setup up for friends but rather I want to be able to just join a lobby that someone on my friends list is currently playing in. Is this possible?

I think I mentioned this next point during the Testpunch. I hate not being able to hit the Home button and see who's online and what they are playing. The game locks you out of this when playing online, at least in handheld mode ( didn't try it when docked ). Saying that, I suppose it doesn't make a difference seeing as you can't send a message or invite anyway but if you can join a friends lobby that they are playing in then this does become a problem.

I had fun playing online last night. There was a guy in the lobby that had racked up 150+ in currency. Every time I was in a match with him I gunned straight for him. There was a couple of times where it was a 3 way match and I just ignored the other guy and once again went straight for him. I bet he was sick of me by the end of the session. :D

I quite like the Headlock fight. I have yet to be in a team that was good enough to beat him. A lot of the time people seem to just rush into him and end up get taken out straight away.

It will be interesting to see if the game has a lot of replay value for me. The single player side of things looks pretty bare and the online side of things may get stale pretty fast.

I was lulled into a false sense of security by the testpunch. I'm getting my arse kicked

That was happening to me but then I changed my character to the ninja bloke and started to clean up. I think I just needed a faster character as I was originally using the mech girl.

I did only use Ribbon Girl last night because I used her in the punch fire and did really well. But found no joy last night so will try another character on my lunch today.

I did only use Ribbon Girl last night because I used her in the punch fire and did really well. But found no joy last night so will try another character on my lunch today.

Yeah, try mixing it up a bit and see if you have a better time with it.

Yeah, try mixing it up a bit and see if you have a better time with it.

Definitely.

Some of the characters look way better than her too. I tried Twintelle on the last punch fire and didn't do great so switched back to Ribbon Girl and did ok again.

Will mix it up and hope for an improvement.

Played more of this on lunch. Three different characters, loaded the difficulty to 2 and still couldn't get past the second fighter out of 10.

Either I'm really bad at it, or something is slightly off.

I'm finding it annoying more than anything at the minute.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency. I played one round and got beaten within 20 seconds without landing a single hit on the opponent. In the next round I won in similar fashion and wasn't seemingly doing anything different.

All a bit odd.

Played more of this on lunch. Three different characters, loaded the difficulty to 2 and still couldn't get past the second fighter out of 10.

Either I'm really bad at it, or something is slightly off.

I'm finding it annoying more than anything at the minute.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency. I played one round and got beaten within 20 seconds without landing a single hit on the opponent. In the next round I won in similar fashion and wasn't seemingly doing anything different.

All a bit odd.

Oh no, don't say you can't play friends outside of private matches. Do the shit stupid decisions ever stop...? Fuck sake.

Oh no, don't say you can't play friends outside of private matches. Do the shit stupid decisions ever stop...? Fuck sake.

Nope. I checked again when I got in from work and you can't. I'm getting sick of Nintendo's BS when it comes to online. They haven't got a clue at all.

There's not many Nintendo games that fail to grab me but I think this is one of those rare cases. I'm just not feeling the game. The difficulty is all over the place in single player, ranked fights are locked behind defeating the campaign on level 4, limited online options and there just doesn't seem to be much to the game. This may change when the free content arrives but at the moment the feel feels very meh.

I just finished my first campaign. Went through virtually every character but Master Mummy was the one I ended up doing it with. Absolutely loved playing as him, and found myself warming to the game massively.

Had some really tense fights! Ended up getting a 'perfect' which I thought was nicely pointed to at the ranking at the end with the little yellow star.

Found my swing with it a little bit, and ended up with a bit of a tactic that I utilised quite well, so hopefully I can take this forward with the other characters.

I also like how the show that you've completed the campaign with the character as it puts a crown above them on the character select screen.

The game looks absolutely glorious I think. I was screenshotiing a lot of the 'K.O' screens as they looked great!

I tend to prefer the smaller stages as it seems to be a bit easier for me? Not sure why.

The game has a lot going for it. It's accessible (or at least it should be if difficult was right), characters are great and interesting, and it controls nicely. But the difficulty is definitely off. And that makes it not so accessible which hopefully will get changed.

Haven't tried any online yet, will try and get a bit better first!

DCeXBeFVwAAa1a8?format=jpg&name=large

DCeXN9YV0AAolVR?format=jpg&name=large

DCeXS9WUAAACJe6?format=jpg&name=large

DCeXYy4UMAAlpwA?format=jpg&name=large

Who fancies trying to get a private party on this?

Peer from IGN seems to think the app will let us play party together.

I had a lot of fun throughout the two 'Test Punches' I participated in a couple of weeks ago but having took delivery of the game this afternoon and only having a limited amount of play so far, I think I'm struggling a little to get into it!

I immediately jumped into Level 4 in the Grand Prix and was humiliated in the first round twice before deciding to start from the very bottom and work my way into it. I started out with motion controls before trying out handheld mode and attempted to get used to the buttons. I'm getting slightly better but I definitely don't feel comfortable yet.

I've never been particularly good at fighting games so playing online could be a testing experience in the future but there's enough there for me to want me to get better :smile: I'm not sure if I'll ever see Ranked Mode, though :heh:

I finished the Grand Prix mode this afternoon. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I played a more reactive style of game, with me waiting for the AI to make a move and then me attacking afterwards. Some fighters I could be more aggressive with but for the most part I played defensively.

DCigKPZVwAEZPhD.jpg

DCigPSVV0AAX5tL.jpg

DCigZ5OUwAA_gh9.jpg

Interestingly, it seems that Bandai Namco had a hand in creating the game.

DCigVRVVYAAETVw.jpg

I tackled it on rank 4 difficulty which unlocked Ranked Mode for me. :yay:

DCigd9YUQAIidA1.jpg

£60 on the eShop lol

How odd. I downloaded it for £49.99 on the eShop

I too just completed it on level 4 which was tricky but also very satisfying.

That last bit! Really difficult!

Did it with Spring Man. Starting to feel like I'm getting a bit better now but could definitely do with playing a lot more before I try and tackle online!

How odd. I downloaded it for £49.99 on the eShop

My bad my son brought up my American account which is $60

So when are we getting a room together organised, will be great fun.

Probably around the same time ones get organized for the likes of Puyo Puyo, Bomberman and Street Fighter II. :p

Forgot to cancel pre-order. Unopened but I am gonna send back. Reading people's impressions I don't think I will enjoy it that much.