NEurope
Hogge

Arms

Just played in this Testpunch. Having no real knowledge of the game and no prior urge to buy it, I'm now thinking it could be a purchase. Had the most success with the mechanical girl. Took getting used to the motion controls but I did get some good matches in once I was getting better.

Ha.. I took my Switch down to my brother's this evening and slotted it into his dock so he could try out ARMS after I demonstrated how to play with one fight :hehe:

Coordination probably isn't his strongest asset, especially when it comes to motion control. His technique has always seemed to be 'If in doubt, waggle!' :heh:

Anyway, he only had one fight but it was enough for my brother to see that ARMS wasn't for him, unfortunately. It was amazingly hilarious to see the game being played so wrecklessly, though, with no thought given to blocking or dodging.. just relentless punching :grin:

He nearly won :blank:

I finally got to play this on yesterday evenings slot.

I did quite like it - I thought the motion controls worked well and were more fun but the pro controller was also good. When it comes to ranked play online, I wonder what will be more effective? Movement and timing is easier with the pad but curving punches is easier with motion.

I'm not 100% convinced there's enough depth to keep people playing but it's certainly fun.

@Glen\-i Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'll make a decision closer to the time on whether I actually want this game or whether I'm better waiting until Splatoon 2 comes out and buying that as a boxed game. I think it'll depend on whether anyone else in the family would be interested in it and whether I think there will be enough of a single player campaign. I'll also use reviews as a guide too, but let's be fair, the amount of games I've bought and never finished probably says a lot.

From the ads though it sounds like there's a lot more variety in the game than just fighting and volleyball considering one trailer shows basketball as one of the options.

Due to fan demand Twintelle will be added to the next Testpunch.

[TWEET]870490166229467136[/TWEET]

I will be making so many screenshots! ..of dat ass.

Perhaps that was the patch I downloaded.

I like it ... But I can't move with motion controls at all

I tried it this afternoon. I really enjoyed it but was really rubbish at it. I only played using motion controls though.

I have my kid on my own all weekend so today's 1pm was probably my only chance to play (yes, I timed his nap so he'd be asleep), I think the game is pretty incredible actually. The strategy can be really complex, the characters are amazing and it just feels fun and satisfying to play. The fact we'll be getting extra content is just perfect too.

Anyone else find it really really weird they have the end boss in the test punch though? Literally showing everything the game has to offer...

Actually, one thing which is really really annoying, the single player doesn't have a story or endings. The characters, world and rules are so interesting, is love to know more about everything.

I'm not sure if it'd an endboss? It had a level indication next to it name. Maybe it's its own mode..

And yes I made screenshots.

I'm not sure if it'd an endboss? It had a level indication next to it name. Maybe it's its own mode..

And yes I made screenshots.

Yeah I noticed that (and got destroyed by level 5 version), I presumed that was what difficulty you had it on in the game. maybe not, but jus presumed it was the boss.

I like it ... But I can't move with motion controls at all

Did you remember to hold the joycons so the face buttons are facing each other?

It makes a world of difference.

I love fighting games... and this is fairly lame. I'll not be buying this.

For those bothered about Famitsu reviews, here's the score from their latest issue.

Arms (Switch) – 8/8/8/9 [33/40]

I think the embargo for reviews lifts tomorrow.

Reviews hitting now.

I'm not sure if I will get. I think it may be worth waiting to more content comes.

Reviews hitting now.

I'm not sure if I will get. I think it may be worth waiting to more content comes.

I'm looking forward to ARMS :smile:

I don't expect to ever be amazing at it (though I'll do my best :heh:) but there seems to be plenty of fun to be had with more than enough content to get stuck into :hehe:

I've seen several reviews finding the game repetitive after a while and that perhaps there aren't enough things to do but I'm fairly certain I'll easily get dozens of hours out of it.

Getting good reviews. Hope that this may give Nintendo more incentive to create more new IPs. And maybe some that appeal to me :p

Getting good reviews. Hope that this may give Nintendo more incentive to create more new IPs. And maybe some that appeal to me :p

Legs0123456789

I'm still debating whether to pick this up, I had a lot of fun with the Testpunch but fighting games aren't really my thing. I'm glad it's getting good reviews though and more importantly I'm just glad the game EXISTS full stop. In a AAA industry that plays it very safe (arguably out of necessity), I'm glad something like Arms can come out and do something different, similar to how Splatoon was a breath of fresh air for shooters.

I'd also take Ass™

I think Twintelle's got that well covered.

tumblr_oq4ddr6YPI1vaeznmo1_1280.jpg

DAEK7eaXoAA1q5T.jpg

I put my preorder in for this last night.

Ever since playing it at the Switch event before the Switch release I knew I was gonna get it.

The punch fire just cemented that. It seems like there's a fair bit of content and a lot of stuff to unlock. I'm also really into fighting games at the min, currently playing through SSF2 and loving it. It's not a genre I'm normally keen on, but I'm so excited for Arms and want to pick up SSF5 on my ps4 soon now too.

The characters in this are brilliant. Design is spot on and the games music has already been stuck in my head.

It's one of my most anticipated games and I never thought I'd say that after the first reveal.

I don't know what I'm more excited for - the game, or the yellow joycons!