NEurope
Hogge

Arms

Yellow, Blue and Red Joy-Cons... Pokémon Stars confirmed!

(Yes yes it was Green in Japan)

Oooooh. I'm gonna get me some yellow Joy-Cons for sure! :D

Yeh.. I really want some too :hehe:

My original vision was to have the Neon Blue Joy-Con L and Neon Red Joy-Con R that came with the system joined by a Neon Yellow Joy-Con L and Neon Green Joy-Con R to have 2 'complete' controllers or 4 'mini' controllers but seing the Yellow Joy-Cons come in a set is making me consider picking up the Snipperclips bundle so that, in the near future, I'd have complete red, blue and yellow controllers or variations of each!

Hmm.. money.. :blank:

In the new Direct trailer at 1:17 you can see some new and unannounced characters. Neogaf touched on the pictures and this is what they found:

Aatj13C.pnggyL3tjf.png

Lxsc7kC.png

Looks like more Robot characters, and a new girl. Looking good!

And I just gotta say... Minmin is looking awesome, like all the other characters in this game. Her hat works as a ramen bowl, just pointing that out ;D.

f1HDGGI.png

I think ARMS is going to be a lot of fun to play and the training game we saw during the Direct actually brought up great memories of games like Wii Sports and Link's Crossbow Training while the Punch-Out vibes are encouraging :hehe:

It doesn't seem to be fun to watch, though, so I wonder if that could potentially discourage people from trying it out for themselves!

I played this this morning. Had quite a lot of fun but I really do wonder how much staying power it has. Unless theres more game modes then Nintendo are asking way too much for this. Feels like theres £15 worth of content.

The subscriber cover is great, but then I am partial to vibrant colours.

Looking forward to picking it up on my next commute up north.

I've just seen this over on Gaf.

Some new info has appeared in the AUS eshop about ARMS. It says that the number of players online and locally is 2-8.We have seen 2v2 and 1v1,but not 4v4 or 2v2v2v2 or 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1.This is either a mistake, an accidental reveal, a tease or Nintendo is pulling our legs. If it is an accidental reveal well whoever is behind those eshop updates might be fired.

Think of the chaos! I had trouble keeping up with what was going on in a 1v1 match never mind keeping track of an 8 player battle.

Did anyone used to play the boxing mini game in Super Monkey Ball 2? The four player mode in that was hilarious. I can only imagine how brilliant an 8 player mode would be.

Did anyone used to play the boxing mini game in Super Monkey Ball 2? The four player mode in that was hilarious. I can only imagine how brilliant an 8 player mode would be.

Yup. Both Monkey Fight and Monkey Target were standard games to played whenever me and my mates got together for a gaming night, back in the Cube era.

If there is 8 player in ARMS, will we see bigger and more complex stages that play a little more like a shooter..?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/05/17/17-details-from-our-extensive-hands-on-with-arms-on-nintendo-switch.aspx

We didn’t get to dive too deep into this, but if you hit the Watch Replay option after a match, it looks like there are a lot of editing options for what you see. You can change camera angles, watch back moments in slow-motion, and more.

ARMS basically has MKTV! Not a huge surprise considering that both games share the same people who worked on it, but still great to see!

Should make for some nice highlight video making material :)

I'm going to be ready for a new Switch game by the time ARMS gets released next month so I've decided to preorder the game :hehe:

I think it's going to be a lot of fun and I'm really appreciating the 'Dreamcast' vibe I'm getting from it :grin:

I'm really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow. I doubt i'll get up for the 1am test but i'll certainly be putting time into the other sessions.

Sad story. I actually fired it up last weekend thinking that the beta was starting then. I left disappointed. :(:laughing:

I'm really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow. I doubt i'll get up for the 1am test but i'll certainly be putting time into the other sessions.

Sad story. I actually fired it up last weekend thinking that the beta was starting then. I left disappointed. :(:laughing:

I'm really glad for the reminder as I completely forgot this was happening this weekend :eek:

I might give it a shot. Then again, Pokemon Sun is having an online tournament this week, and that just seems more appealing at the moment.

I'm getting the same impression with this that I got in the run-up to Splatoon. Nothing about it excites me. That title screen music makes me want to rip my eardrums out. Which is worrying, because at least Splatoon had OK music.

I had fun playing it but not with the motion controls, I never felt like I had full control of the character. Had a much better time after switching to button controls and won a few matches. Everything is really slick and fun, in the lobby you can see how the other fights are progressing or just do some practice while you wait for your match to be arranged. Visually the game is really impressive, I'll definitely be trying out the test punch more over the weekend but I'm still not sure if it's my kind of game. I do think it will be a success though, it seems to have all the right ingredients.

I'm not keen on the control setup. I'm hoping I can configure it to something more to my tastes in the full game.

I'm a bit disappointed that the beta is like Splatoons in that you can't hook up with people in your friends list.

Another thing that is annoying ( again, Splatoon did this ) is where the home button is disabled when in a lobby. I was wanting to see who else was playing and had to back out of the lobby I was in and in doing so you lose your consecutive match bonus. It's not an issue here as you can't play with friends but it's gonna be a pain in the full game, especially if there's no invite system.

I played around with the ninja, the ramen girl and the lass driving the mech. I seem to do best with the mech girl. She's a little slower than the other two I was using but she has some decent arm setups that allow me to stay further back from the fight.

I do like being able to do something while waiting for a match. It's a very similar setup to what Capcom has in place in the more recent Street Fighter games.