NEurope
Hogge

Arms

According to GAME, release date is April 15th

Boo. Was hoping for march... that's very very close to Mario kart. They need a multiplayer gamer closer to launch reallly. Oh well.

Boo. Was hoping for march... that's very very close to Mario kart. They need a multiplayer gamer closer to launch reallly. Oh well.

Yeah, I was hoping for March. Still, at least there's Bomberman. I'm just hoping that the price for that is reasonable.

We got a solid release date for this yet? Looking forward to seeing more what the game has, the developer said there are more characters and modes and such so all sounds promising.

We got a solid release date for this yet? Looking forward to seeing more what the game has, the developer said there are more characters and modes and such so all sounds promising.

Still Spring. Probably will take the MultiplayerMay slot that has been happening of late in Nintendo.

Ooh! You can mix and match weapon types! Why did I never think of that!?

The strategy potential just exploded there!

Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (alt costume) are so gonna be added to the port of Smash Bros.

I really hope so. Really hope they don't make a sequel or anything, Smash 4 is absolutely perfect, add in all 3DS content, some extra characters and stages; add in a single player adventure, amazing!

I really hope so. Really hope they don't make a sequel or anything, Smash 4 is absolutely perfect, add in all 3DS content, some extra characters and stages; add in a single player adventure, amazing!
I feel like you've said it's perfect and then basically asked them to make a new one, in one sentence :p

I feel like you've said it's perfect and then basically asked them to make a new one, in one sentence :p

Haha! I mean the mechanics and it sort of is I guess, but to justify porting it over they need to add something!

I love the art style of this game. They need to do the Smash/TF2/Overwatch thing where they release little story trailers per character in the lead up to release.

I'll be honest, I'm not overly keen on the art style... I find it a little too 'clean'. It's the same problem I have with MK8, which isn't to say it doesn't look amazing... I just think there comes a point where a cartoony artstyle begins to take itself a bit too seriously, which is what I felt with MK8. It's the same thing with Melee's artstyle vs. Brawls.

I'll be honest, I'm not overly keen on the art style... I find it a little too 'clean'. It's the same problem I have with MK8, which isn't to say it doesn't look amazing... I just think there comes a point where a cartoony artstyle begins to take itself a bit too seriously, which is what I felt with MK8. It's the same thing with Melee's artstyle vs. Brawls.

Do you know weirdly, I think I kinda know where you're coming from. I mostly bought MK8 just to get WWHD for free - and whilst MK8 was certainly quite a nice new game and whatnot - too much of it just felt done already. Basically just a bit of polish on something tried and tested with a premium price tag for it. Don't get me wrong, I much prefer the kinda of art style/graphics of Mario/Nintendo games in their vibrancy; but sometimes I feel like it isn't really doing much more than just that.

Having said that I'm still more of a gameplay man, and thinking back to Wii Sports Boxing has got me intrigued by Arms(if I were to get a Switch) but I have to wonder if it's got enough legs(alololol)) to carry it through as a well selling title.

lol if Legs is the sequel.

The Hitmonlee to Hitmonchan.

Does that mean the third game would be a competitive breakdancing game?

Because I'd buy that.

32817187555_7cc743827b_o.gif

At this event, there are five characters available, each with three different types of arms. Will there be more characters in the retail version?

There will be more characters, with more arm types. What we have available today is just a portion of what will be available in the full game. You can look forward to more information gradually coming out as the release date approaches.

You announced a single-player and online mode, but will there be any other modes available?

There are many more that everyone can look forward to… but I can’t talk about them (laughs). Having only 1v1 matches in the online mode would be too exhausting, so there are other modes being prepared. However, the game is boiling down to 1v1 battles in the end, with them as the main focus and the other modes being on the side.

Edited by Ronnie

Punch-Out!! Characters in the roster or as DLC, calling it now. ;)

This is being made by the Mario Kart team. I like how Nintendo gave them a brand new IP to make, while MK8D tides us over for a while. Hopefully the same will happen with Sakurai if we get a Smash 4 enhanced port.

I'm so surprised people are psyched for this. It just looks like something I would enjoy once as a mini game, as part of a much bigger game. How far can you really stretch this mechanic?

I'm so surprised people are psyched for this. It just looks like something I would enjoy once as a mini game, as part of a much bigger game. How far can you really stretch this mechanic?

I suppose it's no different to Punch Out?

How far can you stretch punches, kicks and throws in any other fighting game? If you look below the surface there seems to be a ton of depth to this game, and they've hardly revealed much yet. Mix and match arm load outs, special moves, teleportation, energy recharging, throws etc.

(more characters + weapons not demoed in the above to be announced)

Right, so a rundown of things we know

At least 10 characters

Crapload of specials

4 player mode

Online features

Special yellow JoyCons

June 16th