NEurope
Hogge

Arms

Why? What makes you say that?

Just don't think it's a £40-£50 title. Looks more like a budget game even though I do feel it looks fun.

Does the market want games like this anymore? Think it's a tough sell these days.

Edited by liger05

It looks good for some exercising with my wife, but first I would need to buy a second set of joc-cons.

Personally, I think it seems intriguing, The art style reminds me of the newer Street Fighter games, as well as Overwatch. And it seems like it's going to be a hell of a lot better game than Punch Out for the Wii.

I think that Nintendo want this to be for fighting games what Splatoon was for shooters.

Still don't think I'm going to buy it, but it's a CONSIDERABLE improvement over the dull 2D sidescrollers and minigame compilations the Wii U was riddled with. I'd rather see more games like this than another Donkey Kong Country or Game & Wario.

Could this be what became of Project Giant Robot? Or HAMMER or what was that called?

Definitely not hammer, as this has literally nothing in common. Hammer was going to basically going to be a story driven single player beat 'em up. This is a fighter, seemingly with a focus towards multiplayer.

I didn't get a chance to play this today but I did manage to get the video below. To me this is basically a sequel to Wii Boxing. It does look fun but I'm not too sure I'd get much out of it.

So motion controls can be switched (ooh-hoo) off and some players are reporting a decent amount of depth and strategy to this. I guess the key word for Arms is potential.

Hope Nintendo can work some more interesting ideas into this to justify that price tag.

The only problem with this game is that you need space and can't play it for to long, unless you are in a good shape (if you want to play with motion controls).

Anyway it seems like I will be getting this one. My PC will have to wait....

Not gonna lie, I actually really liked this one. The reveal, I mean, I'm not at the event.

So, I really liked the boxing in Wii Sports, but that's not what gets me hyped for the game: it's that it looks to have a decent amount of depth, while still working as a party game.

Also, original IP as a fighting game, bold move. If this takes off in the fighting game community (which it might, if the traditional controls work), then the IP is guaranteed to endure. Not an easy task, but well worth the risk if it pays off.

Not gonna lie, I actually really liked this one. The reveal, I mean, I'm not at the event.

So, I really liked the boxing in Wii Sports, but that's not what gets me hyped for the game: it's that it looks to have a decent amount of depth, while still working as a party game.

Also, original IP as a fighting game, bold move. If this takes off in the fighting game community (which it might, if the traditional controls work), then the IP is guaranteed to endure. Not an easy task, but well worth the risk if it pays off.

Agreed. I really like this.

I don't get why people thinks this is nothing more than Wii Sports Boxing. To me, this seems like a "proper" fighting game, only with motion controls.

The more I watch this the more I'm impressed. Looks way way better than Wii boxing.

What's the deal with 2 player? You need 4 joycons?

The character designs are really cool, actually the whole design and look of the game is nice. Hopefully there's enough meat to the game

Doesn't look half bad, methinks! I thought this was Wii Boxing + for a second, but it seem to be deeper than first impressions make it out to be. Gives me a Ready 2 Rumble- vibe.

I'm curious to see how well this controls - reports seem positive. If Nintendo must insist of constantly reinventing the wheel they at least (usually) find ways of making it work.

The more I watch this the more I'm impressed. Looks way way better than Wii boxing.

What's the deal with 2 player? You need 4 joycons?

Same. During the conference I was thinking - Nintendo what the fuck are you doing (think I thought something similar during nintendoland and splatoon) but hearing more about, people seem to love it and you can turn motion off (though I'll play with it on most of the time I reckon) I'm looking forward to it. Just as long as it has far more content.

I think this has the potential to be huge, an over the shoulder beat-em-up with what looks like massively deep gameplay. Granted it hasn't grabbed me yet, but I do wonder if this could be Switch's online sleeper hit. Fighting games are serious business in a competitive environment, and this has the potential to appeal to that market.

I'd be interested if the single player is meaty, I'm a fan of the art style. Maybe we'll see an appearance from Punchout characters, maybe they'll try and push this as a whole new IP a là Splatoon. Interesting concept nonetheless, and bodes will for online gaming with the Switch.

No idea why but I always assumed this was a side on beat-em-up, not over the shoulder which of course makes more sense. Just watched gameplay footage and wow it really does look fun!

Nintendo fans ask for new IP and here's another reinvention of a standard genre, similar to what they did with Splatoon.

I really hope there's a single player campaign though, otherwise it won't really be for me.

I had an amazing time with this today. It's so satisfying to play and has real potential to be another massive Nintendo IP like Splatoon if they can add enough content to justify a full retail game.

Everyone else playing seemed to be having a blast too. Arms had the most booths at the London event and it was easy to see why.

Also interested in the depth that would be offered using non motion controls.

High level matches between players who know what they're doing should be really fun to watch

Just don't think it's a £40-£50 title. Looks more like a budget game even though I do feel it looks fun.

Does the market want games like this anymore? Think it's a tough sell these days.

Well, Street Fighter continues to get new releases, so...

No idea why but I always assumed this was a side on beat-em-up, not over the shoulder which of course makes more sense. Just watched gameplay footage and wow it really does look fun!

Nintendo fans ask for new IP and here's another reinvention of a standard genre, similar to what they did with Splatoon.

I really hope there's a single player campaign though, otherwise it won't really be for me.

That's the key. When I first saw it I said looks mad fun and reading players opinions it really sounds a blast. Just how much content is under the hood though?

Well, Street Fighter continues to get new releases, so...

SF4 sold very well. SF5 bombed after Capcom released a bare bones title with lack of single player content. Don't think they will try doing that again.

I was on the fence with this, but I played it this past weekend and it is incredible. So much fun. I imagine I will still go with button controls, but it has so much potential.

It's bound to have a lot of content. People are saying exactly the same stuff here that they did for Splatoon

Definitely getting an Overwatch vibe when it comes to the art design here, which isn't a problem at all for me. That game looked great!

Definitely feels like this could be Nintendo's next easily accessible console fighter, after Smash, of course. If it gets a good enough following and smart online functionality, I could definitely see this being Nintendo's next portal into eSports.

Yeah the robot girl is basically Mei. But that's postmodernism after all. Let's face it, Mei is Velma.