NEurope
Helmsly

Super Mario Odyssey

I'm finding this DLC strangely addicting. I keep checking to see if any of my balloons have been found every few hours

• Like 1

So apparently some upcoming outfits have also been discovered in the latest build, including one based on Link. :D

Not sure how feasible it would be, but I'd still really like an update that could enable the photo mode filters during gameplay. Playing in Game Boy mode would be so cool. :hehe: But seeing as the game drops to 30fps in photo mode though I'm guessing it probably won't happen.

How's everyone doing with Balloon World anyway? I'm at rank 45 now, but don't see myself reaching 50 any time soon. You need to find/pop 800 balloons in total! :o

I have really enjoyed Balloon World though, it can make for some very funny moments indeed. And the "Look Around" bit whenever you miss a balloon is often hilarious. :laughing: A couple of my faves:

Spoiler

DWwF43pVAAA9Wtm.jpg

DW342KnU8AAGpVN.jpg

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's a shame the DLC rumours turned out not to be true. Or if they are, they chose not to reveal anything about it just yet. I hope the latter is true because I'd love more content for this game to come out.

1 minute ago, Helmsly said:

It's a shame the DLC rumours turned out not to be true. Or if they are, they chose not to reveal anything about it just yet. I hope the latter is true because I'd love more content for this game to come out.

Same here. I reckon there will be more DLC at some point, it’s probably just too close to the Balloon World stuff to mention it right now though. Got a feeling they might go the same route as Zelda and Splatoon 2 and do a big DLC expansion for purchase.

• Like 1

It seems the data mined hidden artwork is being used after all. NoA just Tweeted this:
Spoiler

A 2D Luigi pops outs and gives you coins

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

It looks like the costume rumour is true as well. These two were just added to the game:

DZaPlIPWAAA90rp.jpg

The Satellaview costume is a pretty obscure reference:

tumblr_obpefosLGm1rrftcdo1_500.jpg

Here's the list of all the ones that were found hidden in the update a few weeks ago:

https://nintendoeverything.com/new-wave-of-super-mario-odyssey-costumes-datamined-from-the-1-2-0-update/

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

fO8oiOl.png

This could mean nothing, but there's a chance this is hinting towards that Luigi DLC that was rumoured early last month...

• Like 1

Finally got back into this a bit over the Easter weekend after a long time away.  Seems they localised the date at some point.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Helmsly said:

fO8oiOl.png

This could mean nothing, but there's a chance this is hinting towards that Luigi DLC that was rumoured early last month...

Luigi’s Kingdom (Mansion) incoming!

• Like 2

Over 10 million sales worldwide. Fully deserved.

I loaded the game up again this past week and it is an absolute blast to play, loving balloon world. Currently sat at 719 moons and have rediscovered the desire to go for all of them. On reflection, I probably prefer it to Sunshine, but only just ;)

I just booted this back up again as I felt like going back and trying to get some more moons. I stopped just under 400 and couldn't get back into it each time I tried. 

Anyway I got all of the moons from the first kingdom so am moving onto the rest now. Actually really enjoying it again so hope that continues as I burned myself out with it first time round. 

I just booted this back up again as I felt like going back and trying to get some more moons. I stopped just under 400 and couldn't get back into it each time I tried. 
Anyway I got all of the moons from the first kingdom so am moving onto the rest now. Actually really enjoying it again so hope that continues as I burned myself out with it first time round. 
Have you gone and got all the moons off that Toad in Peach's palace near the end? It's the one that gives you moons for passing milestones. I didn't know this for ages, and so when I first discovered them, they handed me like 50 moons.

9 hours ago, bob said:
On 13/05/2018 at 6:25 PM, Aneres11 said:

Have you gone and got all the moons off that Toad in Peach's palace near the end? It's the one that gives you moons for passing milestones. I didn't know this for ages, and so when I first discovered them, they handed me like 50 moons.

Hmm yes I did pass that but when you first get there and I think he only coughed up like two moons, so a revisit is a good idea! 

Edited by Aneres11

New hint art:

Wonder if there will be any additional reward for finding all of these... probably not. :heh:

I've been doing it anyway and grabbing a pic each time:

Spoiler

DYWBqT_VMAAiF-I.jpg

DY7HDoBU8AAX0CG.jpg

DaHgzx6V4AANLfp.jpg:large

Dal4NndUQAAuvKR.jpg

DcRbbQ2U0AAveqz.jpg

DcRbflEV4AANoh-.jpg

Dc1cf8wUQAAdDyn.jpg

Would be cool if getting them all unlocked playable Luigi. :D

• Like 1

I see you also share my obsession with playing levels in the matching outfits :D

Didn't bother yet with the hint art since I didn't play it since I finished it a while ago (up until 500 moons and the unlock it gives you). However the last days I felt like playing it again so I will fire it up again this weekend.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I see you also share my obsession with playing levels in the matching outfits :D

Hehehe! Most of the time, yeah. :grin: I really do love the outfits in this game. :love:

Played this for the first time on Wednesday at my mate's. 

I obviously went straight for 

Spoiler

Darker Side

This is not to brag (maybe just a little :p) but I beat it on my first try. Seriously...I've never played the game before and beat the hardest level on my first frigging try.

Mario games are not challenging anymore... :( 

Anyways, after that I dabbled with some other levels and got bored pretty quickly. ::shrug: It's a 3D Mario game alright. Solid but the two hours I've spent with the game didn't leave a positive impression.

I will eventually play it from the start at one point in my life but to be honest...I'm not particularly in a rush to do so.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Played this for the first time on Wednesday at my mate's. 

I obviously went straight for 

Post game spoilers (Hide contents)

Darker Side

This is not to brag (maybe just a little :p) but I beat it on my first try. Seriously...I've never played the game before and beat the hardest level on my first frigging try.

Mario games are not challenging anymore... :( 

Anyways, after that I dabbled with some other levels and got bored pretty quickly. ::shrug: It's a 3D Mario game alright. Solid but the two hours I've spent with the game didn't leave a positive impression.

I will eventually play it from the start at one point in my life but to be honest...I'm not particularly in a rush to do so.

Beating that in your first try without ever having played the game before is extremely impressive. 

You must be having a very hard time finding any games at all that give you the feeling you’re being even slightly challenged! ;)

13 minutes ago, markderoos said:

You must be having a very hard time finding any games at all that give you the feeling you’re being even slightly challenged! ;)

Sadly, yes.

Celeste is a welcome change in that regard. That game kicks my ass and I love it :D 
Super Cloudbuilt, as well. 

That reminds me...I need to get back to those games.