NEurope
Helmsly

Super Mario Odyssey

Spoiler

Did anyone here already post about the yoshi moon bug? For now, don't do anything with apples on Mushroom Kingdom until you've looked this up.

Edited by Sméagol

@Sméagol you might wanna Spoiler tag that stuff.

*EDIT* Beaten by the Hero of time himself. :heh:

Edited by RedShell

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Spoiler a potentially gamebreaking bug?

Just say that its a post game bug, that way people will not be spoiled by certain things that are mentioned and can open the spoiler once they've finished the game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Did anyone here already post about the yoshi moon bug? For now, don't do anything with apples on Mushroom Kingdom until you've looked this up.

For the second time, spoilers please.

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I've avoided almost all videos up until release. A level name is not a spoiler. But fine.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I've avoided almost all videos up until release. A level name is not a spoiler. But fine.

Hmm.. that particular level name does perhaps take some of the joy of discovery away. I haven't got as far as that yet (I haven't even seen the credits) and I'm a little disappointed to have yet another little bit of the magic of this game dampened :hmm:

6 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Hmm.. that particular level name does perhaps take some of the joy of discovery away. I haven't got as far as that yet (I haven't even seen the credits) and I'm a little disappointed to have yet another little bit of the magic of this game dampened :hmm:

That particular level name is pretty much the thing you'd most expect in a Mario game, in one form or another. And that's what matters, what they've done with it, what it looks like.

Edit:

Not to mention the game itself spoils exactly what it looks like. @Ronnie, I suggest you avoid playing

Spoiler

Luncheon Kingdom

altogether until you've finished the main game.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sméagol said:
  bug (Hide contents)

Spoiler

No and I'm worried now because I have collected some apples as Yoshi already 

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Except now you've got the spoiler in your quote! It never ends!

• Like 1

It's a major spoiler. I was so surprised when I saw it in the game, having no clue it was there.

Also... the nice thing would have been to actually post a link or something to how to circumvent it. I've collected the apples and I miss one that I simply cannot find. Guess this is the bug?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Also... the nice thing would have been to actually post a link or something to how to circumvent it. I've collected the apples and I miss one that I simply cannot find. Guess this is the bug?

I think this is it.

Bug

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

It's a major spoiler. I was so surprised when I saw it in the game, having no clue it was there.

It's not. I don't know how you can infer from simply the name of the level what the level exactly entails. It's not exactly an uncommon place in

Spoiler

Mario

games.. It would be different if I were to simply tell you they

Spoiler

remade Peach' castle from mario 64, complete with 64 effects, and other eastereggs and references.

And yeah, that's the link.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 1

It's not. I don't know how you can infer from simply the name of the level what the level exactly entails. It's not exactly an uncommon place in Mario games.

Dude, spoiler. I had no idea Mario was in this game and now my anticipation is ruined.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, bob said:

Dude, spoiler. I had no idea Mario was in this game and now my anticipation is ruined.

FINE. I've spoilered it.

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

It's not. I don't know how you can infer from simply the name of the level what the level exactly entails. It's not exactly an uncommon place in

For fuck's sake Bob (Reveal hidden contents)

Mario

games.. It would be different if I were to simply tell you they

the real spoiler (Reveal hidden contents)

remade Peach' castle from mario 64, complete with 64 effects, and other eastereggs and references.

And yeah, that's the link.

Alright. So four people think it's a spoiler and one doesn't think it. It's not a spoiler then.

Why is it a spoiler? Well, no earlier trailer has shown the kingdom at all. Or even implied that it was there. 

Spoiler

Also, you mentioned Yoshi in the comment. That's a spoiler as well, no one knew that he was in the game. Personally, I made a happy sound when I saw the egg on the roof. I wouldn't have made that if I knew he was there and I'm happy that I discovered that myself.

I agree with HoT - just say it's a bug in the post-game levels and everyone is happy.

Edited by MindFreak

4 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Why is it a spoiler? Well, no earlier trailer has shown the kingdom at all. Or even implied that it was there. 

I wouldn't know. I avoided the actual spoilers by not watching the videos except the first. Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty the trailers didn't show. Anyway, are you going to cry if I'm telling you the next Zelda takes place in Hyrule? Personally, I didn't bat a eyelash when I encountered

Spoiler

Goombas

for example in the game.

And fine, the green thing is slightly more spoilery.. But still, I haven't mentioned anything specific. You don't know what, how, where and when, or what interactions you're going to have. And that's the surprise.. The context. Not the fact that he shows up.

I’m starting to feel a little bored of the game... I don’t like the open-world style of it, I don’t think it particularly suits Mario.

It’s obviously a Massive spoiler. Two fold because of the other mention in it. To say otherwise is preposterous. 

Itd already been ruined by @Blade on twitter for me, but I was genuinely surprised (and annoyed) when I saw it. 

Anways. @Kav is mental, games a bona fide masterpiece 

• Like 1

Ahhhh Nintendo boards...

anywho been playing this at work lately. Current job site I’m literally taking my breaks in my truck so I just sit in there with my Switch plugged into a usb slot on a micro usb car charger. Fantastic stuff. 

Game is wonderful as well, very pick up and play (which the nature of the switch helps with) I can collect a small handful of moons in 10-15 minutes on my break easily. 

No I haven't finished the game yet, I just came here to post this...

:bowdown:

• Like 7

That's awesome, will have to show it to my nieces later. 

I'm over 500 moons now and still continue to be surprised by the sheer variety of ways they have been hidden. 

• Thanks 1

I'm playing the game less and less now. I enjoyed my time with it of course but I've got about 320 moons and cant really be bothered to keep going.