NEurope
Helmsly

Super Mario Odyssey

I loved "Long Journey's End", such a good mission. Really had me struggeling at times, but I managed to beat it after two hours or so. In a hotel room in Rome. Thank god for the Switch :D. 

Also, a bit happy I did this on my first go :p. Already finished the one without the motorcycle, so this was a walk in the park. 

Spoiler

Just beat Bowser. What a fantastic ending to a fantastic game, I genuinely applauded when the credits started to roll.

Switched off shortly after, seems like there's a bit more to do...!

The final gameplay sequence was so cool, I had a massive grin on my face.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Switched off shortly after, seems like there's a bit more to do...!

Theres more than a "bit" more to do. Its still my Switch go to game as i'm working my way through collecting all the moons.

Glad you enjoyed it. I love the game.

Edited by Blade
  • Like 1

It says something about the base gameplay that so many people actually want to get every single moon.

Had a chuckle last night when Mario shouted "Peach!", we might be at double figures for words in his vocabulary now :laughing:

After beating Bowser I only expected to get to 500 moons, but I kept unlocking things and eventually on Friday night I had bought every outfit and maxed out the moon counter. I can't imagine I'll be going back to the game anytime soon unless they release DLC for it but the 80 hours i've put into it have been an absolute joy and it has to rank as my game of the year, even putting it ahead of Breath Of The Wild.

• Like 2

Oddly that was the first way I tried to get into the Odyssey and then I just assumed that was the normal way to enter the ship. :p

I didn't know it was considered "a secret to everybody" kind of thing.

Wasn't there something similar you could do in the Super Mario Galaxy games?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Oddly that was the first way I tried to get into the Odyssey and then I just assumed that was the normal way to enter the ship. :p

I didn't know it was considered "a secret to everybody" kind of thing.

Wasn't there something similar you could do in the Super Mario Galaxy games?

Was it something to do with Galaxy 2's Faceship?

Anyway, don't know if this was posted before, but this is pretty much how I played the game.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Anyway, don't know if this was posted before, 

It was, pretty recently.

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

It was, pretty recently.

Well, bugger me then.

This is what happens when you do most of your browsing through phone, kiddies.

770 moons and I’ve just noticed that the ones marked on the map show up on your compass when near...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not playing this game so much now. I was starting to feel burnt out. I'm 65 hours in and obtained nearly 750 moons. I'll eventually nab them all.

5 hours ago, Nolan said:

770 moons and I’ve just noticed that the ones marked on the map show up on your compass when near...

WHAT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was able to play a few hours of this - pretty good so far. I'd need some more time to decide if it's my favourite platformed (from what I played, I wasn't sure if I liked it as much as Yooka-Laylee). I do like that the way you got Moons was a bit more like Jiggys than Stars in previous Mario games. Definitely felt like more of a collectathon - but, like I said, I didn't have time to properly explore and discover stuff.

• Thanks 1

I’m a bit tired, but are you saying you’re not sure if you like mario odyssey as much as yooka laylee? 

Anyways, in amazing news Nintendo are releasing the soundtrack on iTunes tomorrow (not sure about other services), in less amazing news, it’s a “select sounds” - :( I want it all....

12 hours ago, dazzybee said:

I’m a bit tired, but are you saying you’re not sure if you like mario odyssey as much as yooka laylee? 

Yes. I loved Yooka-Laylee, but felt I needed more time with Odyssey (that and playing it without others watching).

Fossil Falls, Bonneton, Peronza and Shiveria for me. Oh and Jump Up Super Star obv

Edited by Ronnie