NEurope
Helmsly

Super Mario Odyssey

Apparently you can pre-install Mario Odyssey on the Japanese and American eshops right now. Currently not on the EU one just yet though.

Good info on Amazon France releasing early. Realistically I won't get to play at 11pm or 12am that night anyway as it will be too late by the time it's downloaded. Will just stick with Amazon UK as no chance of being charged FX fees via my bank.

Looks like people are receiving their Simply Games copies of Mario today so they did actually post them yesterday.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Looks like people are receiving their Simply Games copies of Mario today so they did actually post them yesterday.

Sweet! Here's hoping my copy is waiting for me when I get home.

• Like 1

Oh lord. 15 minutes in and it's already a complete joy to play. 

Think we are all going to be in for an absolute treat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

Oh lord. 15 minutes in and it's already a complete joy to play. 

Think we are all going to be in for an absolute treat. 

Have you played any more ??? Spoiler free impressions?

Not to be negative right off the bat but does anyone else think the grass textures look terrible? Apart from a few tufts here and there they are just flat images.

Not to be negative right off the bat but does anyone else think the grass textures look terrible? Apart from a few tufts here and there they are just flat images.
Spoiler tags please.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Ive played it for about 15 mins.

Graphics are amazing. Its also 100% Mario gameplay.

I'm currently playing with the joy cons separately (as recommended by the game). It would seem that the motion controls aspect of the game are quite good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blade said:

Ive played it for about 15 mins.

Graphics are amazing. Its also 100% Mario gameplay.

I'm currently playing with the joy cons separately (as recommended by the game). It would seem that the motion controls aspect of the game are quite good. 

I stuck with the pro controller. Was disappointed to see that there are moves unavailable unless you use motion controls like some initial reports claimed.

Yeah I normally hate motion controls but this is different. Its more like Twilight Princess Wii rather than Skyward Sword level of motion controls.

The motion control exclusive moves are minor. Im tempted to go to pro controller as I just love it. I won't feel like im missing out on anything.

Mario and Cappy controls like a dream. No one should worry about it.

This game though...wow!! Everybody is in for a treat

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blade said:

Yeah I normally hate motion controls but this is different. Its more like Twilight Princess Wii rather than Skyward Sword level of motion controls.

The motion control exclusive moves are minor. Im tempted to go to pro controller as I just love it. I won't feel like im missing out on anything.

Mario and Cappy controls like a dream. No one should worry about it.

This game though...wow!! Everybody is in for a treat

Glad to hear first impressions are good. Are the visuals nice? Sound?

Is it just better control of Cappy you lose by going with the Pro controller? 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It has arrived!!!! :bouncy:

You son of a...

Where'd you order from? I need to order USUM from there

Edit: Never mind

Edited by Serebii

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Glad to hear first impressions are good. Are the visuals nice? Sound?

Is it just better control of Cappy you lose by going with the Pro controller? 

Visuals are very impressive. Sound reminds me of Galaxy - orchestral scores.

• Like 1

To everyone who already got their copies...

...Enjoy! :D

I'm not even mad, I mean I did get Super Mario Galaxy two days early back in the good old days of Play.com and I remember how awesome that felt. :)

I've already been avoiding any other gaming sites in case of spoilers, I'll likely duck out of this thread for a while too but I'm looking forward to playing Super Mario Odyssey soon. :peace:

In the meantime, back to reviews!

On 22/10/2017 at 1:27 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

But you've finished Galaxy 2, right? That's what's important. :D 

Wait, there is a Galaxy 2??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

On a serious note, I'm getting pumped reading these 15 minute impressions! And to hear that the music is on par with Galaxy, one of my favourite video game soundtracks ever.... *drool* 

We have a great offer in Norway this weekend; If you pay with a Master Card, you get 20% money back from any purchase at one of the biggest electronics retailer! So, time to get the game and a new i7 processor for my PC, and then just play all weekend! :D

Not gonna lie, it's incredible. I'm only running around the first world but the exploration aspect is fantastic. Being able to grab a Power Moon and then continue looking around the area for more, as well as other secrets, is a great addition to the Mario series.

As Blade mentioned, the soundtrack is very reminiscent of Galaxy. 

Ive scanned a couple of amiibo in and nabbed some costumes that I'll post later, in spoiler brackets of course, in case people don't want to see them.

• Like 2

I've done the first main level and the game wanted me to go to the next one. I thought fuck that and returned to the level I had just done. Ive explored more and nabbed some more power moons. A few of them are well hidden with various mini stages that can only be accessed through green pipes.

Its fantastic.

1 minute ago, Blade said:

I've done the first main level and the game wanted me to go to the next one. I thought fuck that and returned to the level I had just done. Ive explored more and nabbed some more power moons. A few of them are well hidden with various mini stages that can only be accessed through green pipes.

Its fantastic.

Yup. I didn't bother moving on either ( I have now ) and found a load more moons scattered about the place.

This game must be HUGE. I've started the second area and there are...

Spoiler

69 moons to find! It's only the second world!

• Like 1